Free Agent/Trade Thread 14-15 Post Season V.38 : June Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Okay i was debating this with my friend -

Would y'all be upset if we traded for Brent Seabrook?

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON

Depending on what the price would be.

But he would be a guy that you would want beside Rielly for the next 5 years. But it's almost like wasting his time with a losing team. The benefit would be showing how Rielly to play.

Unless it's a complete steal, I don't see it happening.

JMcLeaf

Well if they move him I think it would be for a good young player or prospects/picks. If that's the case then yes i'd be upset. Good player, but a move like that makes no sense for us right now.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Well if they move him I think it would be for a good young player or prospects/picks. If that's the case then yes i'd be upset. Good player, but a move like that makes no sense for us right now.

I'd have to think that he could bring in a huge haul if they even entertained the thought of trading him.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Over/Under on the days it take until the Leafs make a trade.

I'll set it at 4.

Place Your Bets

over. Even if they have something agreed upon they've give the Hawks their time in the sun before announcing it.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I could see Columbus (Hartnell, Anisimov), Dallas (Hemsky), Carolina (Semin), Minnesota (Backstrom & Cooke), LA (Richards), Washington (Laich), Vancouver (Burrows, Vrbata), Winnipeg (though he's not likely to waive to go there), and even Tampa Bay (Ohlund, Killorn) all having pretty serious interest. New York may be another place both Long Island and the Rags. Sather loves to get his name in the hat when it comes to stars.

Depending on what we take back, of course.

Half of these teams i do not see having intrest in Kessel, as their teams needs do not align with Kessel. The ones who i actually see could having intrest are Mostly columbus, to a lesser extent Minnesota and Washington. But i would urge you to look at Columbus's cap chart. They have to sign Johansen (Huge contract),Murray and Jenner within the next 2 years. I do not see them taking on a 8 million dollar contract, which could jepordozie the singings of these players, and especially at the expense of their future (Young players). The other two teams simply have too many big contracts, go look at both their cap charts, they still have to sign players for the future aswell

JMcLeaf

so trades can officially be made now yes?

Trades can be made during the playoffs including by teams in the playoffs (Tampa made a trade on June 1). The players aren't eligible to play in the playoffs that year,
but you can still make trades.

Leafs did the Bernier trade while the final was going on that year.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Trades can be made during the playoffs including by teams in the playoffs (Tampa made a trade on June 1). The players aren't eligible to play in the playoffs that year,
but you can still make trades.

Leafs did the Bernier trade while the final was going on that year.

I thought there was a rule or social norm that you weren't suppost to make big ticket moves during the playoffs though?

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Players wont wanna come here until the culture changes, which is starting to happen now. Once this team starts competing, i don't mean simply winning i mean actually playing with some balls every single night, that's when star players will consider coming here. After Rielly/Nylander/4OA start developing in a couple years expect big name players to consider coming here then. Until then no

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
I think Chicago finds a way to keep him... they'll just move out more secondary pieces if need be.

Sounds like they're probably moving Sharp if they can, which makes sense, because he's older.

I hope Kessel goes to a team in our division so I can laugh at all the people in this thead who were desperate to see him go as he lights us up every game, and wins a Cup somewhere else.

I like Dion too, but he's older, already declined some, not as good as Phil, I get it, we gotta move him.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Sounds like they're probably moving Sharp if they can, which makes sense, because he's older.

I hope Kessel goes to a team in our division so I can laugh at all the people in this thead who were desperate to see him go as he lights us up every game, and wins a Cup somewhere else.

I like Dion too, but he's older, already declined some, not as good as Phil, I get it, we gotta move him.
Huh? We're not winning the cup anytime soon. If he wins it elsewhere, good for him.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

Toronto Maple Leafs >>>> Individual Player.
if Kessel wins a cup ducky him

my main concern is the Leafs getting better

Kenadyan

Jul 23, 2003
Asheboro, NC
Visit site
Stamkos won't hit UFA status.

Sorry. As a Leafs fan, I'd love to see him in Toronto.

But, teams don't let star players get to UFA anymore.

Tampa Bay will move mountains and $$$$ to keep him in a Lightning uniform.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
My likely trade list.

Kessel 75%
Bozak 75%
Polak 75%

Dion 50%
Lupul 50%

Komarov 25%
Holland 25%
Panik 25%
Bernier 25%
Reimer 25%

Kadri 10%
Robidas 10%
JVR 10%

FA acquisition
Franson

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
My likely trade list.

Kessel 75%
Bozak 75%
Polak 75%

Dion 50%
Lupul 50%

Komarov 25%
Holland 25%
Panik 25%
Bernier 25%
Reimer 25%

Kadri 10%
Robidas 10%
JVR 10%

FA acquisition
Franson

Could be. Kadri's probably a little higher, and Franson has no place on an acquisition list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad