GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
At what point do we talk about having too many prospects? They can't all play here. Are we just going to run down value and keep drafting guys over and over? 38 picks the last 4 drafts. Next year's Amerks has way too many prospects and that's bad for all of their development

I've never seen anything like this anywhere.
Gotta love when theres not enough room for all these guys on let alone the nhl team, but the ahl team. So a bunch of guys are going to play in roles that will do absolutley nothing for their devolpment in the bottom 6 in the ahl or even the f***ing ECHL. It’s an absolute joke lol. How many guys will we just lose to waivers in the future ?

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I don't get why Buffalo was eating Jeff Skinners contract on a buyout if it wasn't to replace him with a top 6 player?

Teams a joke.

Peters is still clueless. And what he says makes no sense.

Unfortunately Adams is just as clueless.
You can be clueless and still be right.

The more Adams talks the more Peters sounds right.

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
I haven't listened to the presser personally but based on the quotes I really hope this was all negotiations through the media

Telling teams he is fine going into the season as is

Because no one is actually that dumb right

Right?

Right?

Reactions: Vito_81

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
The only logic I can see is that Pegula wants to flip the team. Maybe a second Toronto team in connection with the league expansion?
This team is not trying to win games and obviously doesn't care about the customers/fans. That arena is going to be half empty.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Adams calls up Treliving - got any players who want to play in Buffalo?

Treliving- Nope

Why does Treliving even answer the phone next time

Reactions: Fjordy

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I wouldn’t be surprised if Peters was on the right track, even if he made it up

1719869089790.jpeg

Reactions: Fjordy

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
The only logic I can see is that Pegula wants to flip the team. Maybe a second Toronto team in connection with the league expansion?
This team is not trying to win games and obviously doesn't care about the customers/fans. That arena is going to be half empty.

Not conspiracist but we are the Arizona Sabres

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
If he acknowledged that the center depth was bad he’d be admitting that he created a hole in trading Mitts without really filling any other
HAven't read the initial pages in this thread, went straight to last page (for me). I also Didn't see a Mitts trade thread on 1st or 2nd page of Sabres board to bump, so replying here, but I saw he signed on 6/29 for 3 years at $5.75 per. I would have offered that, especially with the Skinner buyout planned. Question is whether Mitts would have signed that return to BUF, and whether KA/Lindy would have wanted him in BUF long term. I assume the answer to the former is no, and the latter is yes.

Well the good news is they are never going to have to worry about the last part

The tweet is an interesting hypothetical...

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Sounds like the presser was a clown show. I still like what they did in FA. Now, if only he can surprise us and replace Krebs. Doubtful, though. Let's hope Krebs can step up next year. I dont like it, but there's hope for him.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad