GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I mean I've been saying that for several years now. So...me
Everyone always hated on Botterill but his moves in hindsight don't look so bad at times, same with Murray.

Kevyn's trades are BAD. Signings BAD. He has no vision for the team clearly with how he's built each team.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
God forbid you actually have to work a little and sell your team city and organization to a player.
Sales 101 - Sell a vision. How are you going to compete with teams ahead of us if you don't talk about every positive.

Every team has competitive advantages. You need to figure those out and exploit them.

Reactions: Beerz

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
yes or in taxed areas

Isn't it odd coming from a GM who was in the league 15 years ago? Wouldn't he KNOW players might not wanna play in higher taxed areas and cold weather?

Perhaps, just maybe, we have to shmoooz a little more with players to get them to want to be a Sabre than say, the TBL or Panthers.

Duh, Kevyn

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Team isworse than last season. 4th line is better but we lost our best center and our most competent replacement is likely Helenius.

I'm sure glad we have Byram though. What a great fit for our defense...
Losing Mitts was a killer. Instead we acquired a top 4 drafted LHD when we already had 2 #1 overalls at the same position.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

So...he's not sure if he wants to be a Sabre? I feel like this is the setup to a bad joke I heard very recently

• Haha
Reactions: sabresnyper

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Talking about how these guys are all gonna work out this year because they’re gonna play fast….. pretty sure we’ve played fast for a few years, doesn’t really help us not look like a shinny squad vs a nhl team for more than half of every year. But hey Atleast we have 3 capable pp 1 QB LHDS

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Worse than Botterill and Murray. Who would've thought?
I gave him the benefit of the doubt going into year 1, but after how badly that turned out I thought it was obvious he was worse. It's been kind of surreal to see how steadfastly many on this board have been with their support for him over the last 5 years.

He has done next to nothing to improve this team in the 5 years he's been in charge.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Years ago some of our more avantgarde posters suggested Dahlin as center. Adams is ready to see the light!

Reactions: Dirty Dog

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
I don't often listen to press conferences, but this is presidential debate 2024 awful. None of us are better off for listening to it. And I generally liked what they did today, but woof, Kevyn.

Reactions: Sabreality

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I gave him the benefit of the doubt going into year 1, but after how badly that turned out I thought it was obvious he was worse. It's been kind of surreal to see how steadfastly many on this board have been with their support for him over the last 5 years.

He has done next to nothing to improve this team in the 5 years he's been in charge.
I just don't understand his support? Even if we like Benson and a few of the draft picks, that's the scouting department.

Every other facet is bad. We are still a joke of the league and even more, at least GMTM and GM Botts had NHL experience in front offices.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Team is worse than last season. 4th line is better but we lost our best center and our most competent replacement is likely Helenius.

I'm sure glad we have Byram though. What a great fit for our defense...

We lost CM and Skinner. Say what you want about Skinner and defense. But, how is Krebs and fillers/Zucker replacing that production?

Instead of losing games 6-3 we will now lose 4-1. GREAT

Reactions: HaNotsri

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

So...he's not sure if he wants to be a Sabre? I feel like this is the setup to a bad joke I heard very recently

If only someone was in a position that may be able to improve the standing of the organization, to give players a better vision of the organization.

To be a Buffalo Sabre, you not only have to be okay with losing, but accept that losing will happen without becoming an issue in the room. At the core aspect, that is what being a Buffalo Sabre is today.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
We lost CM and Skinner. Say what you want about Skinner and defense. But, how is Krebs and fillers/Zucker replacing that production?

Instead of losing games 6-3 we will now lose 4-1. GREAT
I have no problem believing Zucker will replace what Skinner was going to give us now that he's off the top line. You and I fell one assist short of matching him in that scenario last year

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
As much as I hate Harrington, I appreciated him forcing the issue on the salary cap space. Adams ducking it repeatedly and hiding behind the "we need it for futures" as if tons of other teams are consistently going into seasons $20M under the cap was pathetic.

To add on, the whole "we don't need more offense" talk after a season that saw your entire top 6 struggle to produce...I feel like Kevyn is too bad at his job to even *realize* he's bad at his job

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
As much as I hate Harrington, I appreciated him forcing the issue on the salary cap space. Adams ducking it repeatedly and hiding behind the "we need it for futures" as if tons of other teams are consistently going into seasons $20M under the cap was pathetic.

To add on, the whole "we don't need more offense" talk after a season that saw your entire top 6 struggle to produce...I feel like Kevyn is too bad at his job to even *realize* he's bad at his job
I genuinely believe that he purposely didn't try for years and now that he had to and failed miserably is trying to spin it as success.

Next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad