GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The short-sided, almost spitefulness doesn't help with KA. Maybe some players need to chat a bit, think on it, wanna hear more about what we can offer. But if we hang up right after they seem unsure, you're limiting the pool that may want to come here 5X.
You're already blacklisted by roughly 20% of the league--refusing to even engage in extended conversations with guys who are on the fence when you reach out probably doubles that percentage.

There is no rock bottom

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Screenshot_20240628_204144_Google.jpg

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
As much as I hate Harrington, I appreciated him forcing the issue on the salary cap space. Adams ducking it repeatedly and hiding behind the "we need it for futures" as if tons of other teams are consistently going into seasons $20M under the cap was pathetic.

To add on, the whole "we don't need more offense" talk after a season that saw your entire top 6 struggle to produce...I feel like Kevyn is too bad at his job to even *realize* he's bad at his job
Even when does identify a need that he has to act on it's been a full season too late.

Like last off season he added defensive depth after our defense was decimated by injuries the previous season and missed the playoffs by 1 point. Only a year late on that one Kevyn.

Now this year he has reshaped the bottom 6 when he should have done that last offseason.

It took him an entire year to realize he needed to replace Donny. It took a 14 game losing streak to fire Kreuger.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
We need the cap space this year for future contract extensions. Make it make sense
There will be players who are drafted, develop, work their way up to the NHL, win cups and be elected to the HOF after a wait that may articles called too long between the time Adams started using future cap as an excuse and when they will use the future cap.

In 2 years when they finally do...remember 6.5 million is just them saving cash on Skinner and isn't really there.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
“Hello, Nikolaj? How do you feel about joining us and being a part of the solution for the Sabres?”

“I’m flattered, but I’m not sure. It seems like a rocky situation over there. What’s the plan?”

“Go f*** yourself, idiot.”

*Click*
The reason we can't make trades is that the trade targets have to list 5 things they love about Buffalo without preparation.

• Haha
Reactions: kirby11

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
While it's not out of the question, hope isn't a strategy. Love the new 4th line, Zucker is fine. But would've felt more confident if he said he was still working on a trade or 2.
At what point do we talk about having too many prospects? They can't all play here. Are we just going to run down value and keep drafting guys over and over? 38 picks the last 4 drafts. Next year's Amerks has way too many prospects and that's bad for all of their development

I've never seen anything like this anywhere.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
At what point do we talk about having too many prospects? They can't all play here. Are we just going to run down value and keep drafting guys over and over? 38 picks the last 4 drafts. Next year's Amerks has way too many prospects and that's bad for all of their development

I've never seen anything like this anywhere.
Did you see that picture of him at dev camp today? The prospects are the point

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
“Hey Terry. Yeah Necas… no, it’s pronounced Necas, yeahwell, he seemed great on paper, but he doesn’t like the Goo Goo Dolls, man. Just isn’t a good fit.”
well I for one and happy that move didn't go down, prospects + his new contract + the idea he wants to be a center. It all seemed really forced and potentially desperate for that player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad