GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Today at Noon EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is most likely moved July 13?

• Horny

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Duclair

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Bobrovsky

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No one

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
I don’t know why?

Last years I get, but 2 years ago?

You now have one of the best C prospects developing on the team, you have ppg Reinhart on the lineup& Knight hopefully ready to steal the spot.

The lineup from 2 years ago was still very flawed
I expected Florida to get better, it's fair enough to say this team is similar to the 2021 team and worse than the 2022 team, so the Panthers have a roster that's between one that lost round 1 in 6 games and got swept in the 2nd round last year, with no cap to make TDL moves. No one wants to lose to Tampa 3 straight years which is where this is trending.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Truly amazing to think how much our roster has changed (several times over) since Dale's $20m day three years ago.
Acciari was the only signing that day that played his entire contract here. Something to think about. Very rare for panthers to have a UFA who signs for 3+ years play their entire contract here...

Reactions: I am not exposed

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Acciari was the only signing that day that played his entire contract here. Something to think about. Very rare for panthers to have a UFA who signs for 3+ years play their entire contract here...

Yeah, I don't mind missing out on overpaying FAs that's for sure. A benefit of having such little cap space.

Reactions: Laus723

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I expected Florida to get better, it's fair enough to say this team is similar to the 2021 team and worse than the 2022 team, so the Panthers have a roster that's between one that lost round 1 in 6 games and got swept in the 2nd round last year, with no cap to make TDL moves. No one wants to lose to Tampa 3 straight years which is where this is trending.

I understand that and this summer is frustrating as …. to watch unfold.
But still team still has high end potential and just more if Lundell keeps developing and Knight becomes a stud.

Still having said that on paper they are worse than year ago but atleast Tampa is losing Palat

By all surprise Ottawa is building something with crazy potential

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
When you think of the Panthers situation and future…

ALWAYS remember that MASON MARCHMENT left this team because of KEITH YANDLE !

ALWAYS !!!

f*** you Tony Stark wannabe !!!!!
1657746442147.png

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Zito seems married to Horny. We'll see how it plays out. Either that or he wants to trade him but the cost is astronomical. Congrats to March(and also Frank) for cashing in. It just sucks to lose him. 3.5-4 M is a tough call. Otoh, we couldn't afford to lose him. Otoh, we can't really fit that into our salary structure. Barky, Ek, Huby, Swaggy, Reino, Lundell, Knight, Fors are more important. They are all due raises within the next few years except for Barky. Even with Bob's salary coming off the books in a couple years when he gets moved, it's gonna be tough. Zito's gotta find the next March somewhere. He addressed it partly today in adding Cousins and White. They're battlers that will go to the net to score goals. I'm not expecting much from them in the regular season(although I could see Cousins have a decent year on Barkov's wing), but it's the playoffs where they should shine a little more.

Hopefully we can also pick up a gritty middle six w with size at the deadline. If so, we have a decent chance at it next spring. Staal will be a good solid #6 or 7. I wanted us to sign him. Plenty of playoff experience and does a lot of dirty work like blocking shots, hits. He's still pretty dependable in his own end in limited minutes. We sign his brother to a pto to keep them both happy and motivated. Eric fills the Jumbo role this season, although with more left in the tank than Jumbo.

InTheBiz

Oct 14, 2021
Hopefully the guy we got from Finland (Levtchi) works out for one of the wing spots.
He’s the guy I’m most excited about. Also like the Nick Cousins addition. 4th line again should be pesky and we need more of that.

He’s the guy I’m most excited about. Also like the Nick Cousins addition. 4th line again should be pesky and we need more of that.
Actually let me rephrase … optimistic about.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Verhaeghe - Barkov - Heponiemi
Huberdeau - Bennett - White
Reinhart - Lundell - Hornqvist
Lomberg - Luostarinen - Cousins

Weegar - Ekblad
Forsling - Gudas
Carlsson - Montour

Bobrovsky
Knight

Extras: Staal bros. , Duclair (LTIR)

We’re one good surprise at camp away (Denisenko, Sourdif, Hutsko, Noel, Levtchi) from having the same lineup as last training camp or basically…

I know for a lot of us, it’s not enough.

But we will be better in the long-run… Assessing the Weegar situation and Huberdeau‘s extension…

We’ll have our shot next year, as long as you’re in, that’s what matters, and we should be a tough-out IMO.

But… I don’t get how the Lightning and Avs can make all their moves, retain all their players and we couldn’t do a single thing.

I’ll blame Tom Rowe and the calculators for now… Hope Bill Zito’s math-skills are better !

Reactions: Chino Oscar

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Verhaeghe - Barkov - Heponiemi
Huberdeau - Bennett - White
Reinhart - Lundell - Hornqvist
Lomberg - Luostarinen - Cousins

Weegar - Ekblad
Forsling - Gudas
Carlsson - Montour

Bobrovsky
Knight

Extras: Staal bros. , Duclair (LTIR)

We’re one good surprise at camp away (Denisenko, Sourdif, Hutsko, Noel, Levtchi) from having the same lineup as last training camp or basically…

I know for a lot of us, it’s not enough.

But we will be better in the long-run… Assessing the Weegar situation and Huberdeau‘s extension…

We’ll have our shot next year, as long as you’re in, that’s what matters, and we should be a tough-out IMO.

But… I don’t get how the Lightning and Avs can make all their moves, retain all their players and we couldn’t do a single thing.

I’ll blame Tom Rowe and the calculators for now… Hope Bill Zito’s math-skills are better !
What? Bolts lost McDonagh and Rutta for almost nothing, and will probably lose Palat for nothing. Avs lost Burakovsky and Kuemper for nothing and will almost certainly lose Kadri for nothing. We aren't the only contender losing pieces. I like the additions we made, a lot of grit which we needed with March leaving(we needed it even before he left), they were very cheap and Zito did the best he could with what little money he had. If we pick up someone similar to Marchment at the deadline, we might have just as good a chance as anybody if Maurice can get them to play better team defense, with Tampa and Carolina getting weaker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad