BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I thought you said plane at first ,and thought man she’s getting on a plane with that attitude.lol

Not sure that high but he definitely owned them ,once he stopped chasing Brad around he had a pretty good series for them.
Hahaha. Good god no. Biggest fear is a plane crash.
I thought you said plane at first ,and thought man she’s getting on a plane with that attitude.lol

Not sure that high but he definitely owned them ,once he stopped chasing Brad around he had a pretty good series for them.
I have to constantly talk myself down when I am on a plane. I look calm on the outside but on the inside, I am a mess.

Discord link:

• Love
Reactions: BMC

KOZ37

May 17, 2010

I have to constantly talk myself down when I am on a plane. I look calm on the outside but on the inside, I am a mess.

Discord link:

I feel ya there. Not a fan of flying either. I will do it if I have to and I can stay pretty composed, but like you I am not happy on the inside! Lol

Reactions: Ladyfan

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Well, I have a stand up comedy act at the Bore's Head tomorrow then a tap dancing performance at the Shaw Festival Monday. You're close to the Shaw. I can send you tickets if you like tap dancing
I hope you're serious...tap dancing is a lost art. Graham Abbey performed at the Shaw. He was from Niagara. Had connections to Kevin Spacey back in the day. Some good "not so good" stories came with that friendship. The Bore looks to have a good menu.

Reactions: DominicT

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

Discord link:

Yeah not a big fan off flying either ,worst flight I had we had boarded and they discovered they had mechanical issues,so we sat and waited while they fixed the problem ,After about an hour ,the pilot came on the PA system and said we’re good to go folks ,we think we have the problem fixed. Me and the Wife looked at each other and said WE THINK!

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Stephenson- 5x5.5m
Zadorov- 5x5m
Stamkos- 4x5m
Maroon- 1x1m
Swayman- 8x7m

Zacha-Stephenson-Pastrnak
Marchand-Poitras-Stamkos
Frederic-Coyle-Geekie
Beecher-Kastelic-Brazeau
Maroon

Zadorov-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Korpisalo

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
We need scoring first so go hard on Lindholm he become the 3rd best forward after old Marchy he s a good 2 way guy and good at the dot the best C of the club after need a scoring speedster winger Like Duclaire and a solide D vet at 2.5 -3mil x 3 like Dillon or Edmondsun...but scared Heinen is the first signed

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Would anyone be ok with Skinner and Stamkos
Stamkos yes, Skinner no. Would rather Perron or Bertuzzi. Zadarov if they can't afford him Dillon.

Prepared to be underwhelmed.
Don't forget angry as management again peddles Stanly Cup is the ultimate goal bullshit and spends like it's competing for the Kelly Cup

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Shortly after noon Monday, per chatter circling the league Sunday night, the Bruins could announce the key free agent acquisitions of No. 1 center Elias Lindholm and top-four defenseman Nikita Zadorov (6 feet 6 inches/248 pounds), both of whom finished the past season with the Canucks.
If the increasing rumors prove true, the two impact acquisitions likely would eat up more than half of the $21 million-plus shopping dollars general manager Don Sweeney will have in hand for Monday’s start of NHL free agency.
Both unrestricted free agents fit needs Sweeney noted last week in his pre-draft presser in Las Vegas, after noting the club fell short again this season in its “ultimate goal to win.”
“We’d like to deepen the middle of the ice,” he added, “so that’s where we’ve been focused to have those talks with our group, to say, ‘OK, who would be the guy?’ And hopefully make the pitch at the right time that we could add a player like that, of that nature. And we’ll continue to look to strengthen our back end and complement the group we have there.”

And from there, added Sweeney, “it’s how much of the pie is left.”

No. 1 goaltender Jeremy Swayman, yet to sign an extension, is in for a large share of that leftover dollar pie. A long-term deal could bring him in the $8 million-$9 million category.

Lindholm, who would be slotted as the club’s top-line pivot, is exiting a six-year deal signed with Calgary (2018) that carried a $4.85 million cap hit. Given his age (29) and production, as well as the Bruins’ need for a bona fide top-six pivot, Lindholm might command a bump to upward of $7.5 million across 4-5 seasons. He could push that to $8 million with some of the league’s bottom feeders (Anaheim, San Jose, Chicago).

Zadorov, who has the combination of size and muscle the Bruins have lacked in back since Zdeno Chara’s departure, has exited a deal, also signed in Calgary, with a $3.75 million cap hit the last two seasons. A similar offer of 4-5 years for the Other Z probably would land around the $5 million cap range.

The Flames, in separate deals last season, wheeled Lindholm and Zadorov to the Canucks. Lindholm’s production in 26 regular-season games was somewhat dull (6-6–12) with Vancouver , but he was a more impressive 5-5–10 in 13 playoff games, Vancouver finally dumped in Game 7 vs. the Oilers in Round 2.

Zadorov has played for five NHL teams, including the Sabres, who made him a Round 1 pick (No. 16/2013) and later dealt him to the Avalanche in the swap that brought Ryan O’Reilly to the Sabres. A left shot, he would go a long way in bringing some thump to a top-four defense group that includes Charlie McAvoy, Hampus Lindholm, and Brandon Carlo.

Hampus Lindholm’s production slipped considerably last season. With the 29-year-old Zadorov aboard, coach Jim Montgomery could toggle Lindholm and the Russian big man in the 1-2 spots on the left side, offering a ride-a-long intimidation factor for both of his right-side partners.

Zadorov could go a long way in bringing up back-end production, which slipped some 25 percent when compared to 2022-’23 numbers.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Stamkos yes, Skinner no. Would rather Perron or Bertuzzi. Zadarov if they can't afford him Dillon.

Don't forget angry as management again peddles Stanly Cup is the ultimate goal bullshit and spends like it's competing for the Kelly Cup
You seem to be stuck in 2002 with this complaint. They spend all the money they can possibly spend. They just don’t necessarily spend it in the right places lol…. but that’s a different argument

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad