GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
You say that now, but Skinner couldn't find the D zone with a map & a spot light, plus the huge knock on him is he's not a team first player.

Smith is the polar opposite...plays hard every shift, PKs & is a threat shorthanded, is an excellent passer, plus he has an underrated wrist shot which he's usually good for 20-25 goals a year.
Perhaps. I think the other signing I might have taken was Arvidsson's 2 years @ 4M

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
Smith for Goodrow is a big net + at same $ also Goodrow had 2 yrs left. Smith only a 1 yr obligation.

Now just move Trouba for someone that can skate fast, doesnt commit a shit ton of penalties and who can play hard nosed defense.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
True, but most summer building and building usually happens at the draft and UFA.

People that are banking on some big trade for improvement, I ask what assets do we have that we can/will trade for some sort of high level player? We don't have the pieces for a big trade addition...

We don't need a big trade addition, our top 4 dmen are pretty much set, bottom pair dman or two to add. Work in Othmann, Berard, maybe Robertson.

Right now we have a top 9 of.

Panarin trochek Lafreniere
Kreider Zibanejad smith
Othmann/Cuylle/Berars Chytil Kakko

I'm doubtful Tarasenko takes a short deal at his age.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
We don't need a big trade addition, our top 4 dmen are pretty much set, bottom pair dman or two to add. Work in Othmann, Berard, maybe Robertson.

Kreider Zibanejad smith
And that to me is absolutely not any sort of step forward or improvement.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The 2nd is in 2027
We don't have many picks coming up outside of 1st round picks.
0 second round picks in the next 3 drafts.
2 3rd round picks.
0 4th round picks.
A lot of trade deadline currency is gone. We'd probably have to part with 1st round picks to make any decent add.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013

Kreider Zibanejad smith

I'm doubtful Tarasenko takes a short deal at his age.
cool. seasons over before it even started.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
There's no way they bring in Tarasenko lol. They already have 5 lines worth of guys.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
So...on the day where you can get anyone for free and just cap, we got 33yr old Smith for a 2nd? Retention?
You'd rather sign the same guy for 4+ years? This is a no-risk move. If he sucks with Mika and Kreids, we upgrade him at the deadline. If he fits, he cost nothing more than picks which we can always recoup if we want.

Reactions: LannyMcdonald

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
You'd rather sign the same guy for 4+ years? This is a no-risk move. If he sucks with Mika and Kreids, we upgrade him at the deadline. If he fits, he cost nothing more than picks which we can always recoup if we want.
how are we gonna recoup them if we want?

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
We didnt pay much for Smith, he is a major Barclay Goodrow upgrade at no extra cost. Quite brilliant actually. We're cap constrained right now. Dude had 40 pts last year. Not bad at all.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
The Rangers have $8.1m in cap space left with 14 forwards, (4) d-men and (2) goalies right now. One of those forwards will drop down I'm sure but they will need a 7th d-man. Schneider and Lindgren should I hope, not cost more than ~$5.5m in total. If they do, they're in trouble.
They easily will? $2.50-2.75 for Schneider, and at least $4.00 for Lindgren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad