GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
You say that now, but Skinner couldn't find the D zone with a map & a spot light, plus the huge knock on him is he's not a team first player.

Smith is the polar opposite...plays hard every shift, PKs & is a threat shorthanded, is an excellent passer, plus he has an underrated wrist shot which he's usually good for 20-25 goals a year.
Perhaps. I think the other signing I might have taken was Arvidsson's 2 years @ 4M

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
True, but most summer building and building usually happens at the draft and UFA.

People that are banking on some big trade for improvement, I ask what assets do we have that we can/will trade for some sort of high level player? We don't have the pieces for a big trade addition...

We don't need a big trade addition, our top 4 dmen are pretty much set, bottom pair dman or two to add. Work in Othmann, Berard, maybe Robertson.

Right now we have a top 9 of.

Panarin trochek Lafreniere
Kreider Zibanejad smith
Othmann/Cuylle/Berars Chytil Kakko

I'm doubtful Tarasenko takes a short deal at his age.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
We don't need a big trade addition, our top 4 dmen are pretty much set, bottom pair dman or two to add. Work in Othmann, Berard, maybe Robertson.

Kreider Zibanejad smith
And that to me is absolutely not any sort of step forward or improvement.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

Kreider Zibanejad smith

I'm doubtful Tarasenko takes a short deal at his age.
cool. seasons over before it even started.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
You'd rather sign the same guy for 4+ years? This is a no-risk move. If he sucks with Mika and Kreids, we upgrade him at the deadline. If he fits, he cost nothing more than picks which we can always recoup if we want.
how are we gonna recoup them if we want?

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
The Rangers have $8.1m in cap space left with 14 forwards, (4) d-men and (2) goalies right now. One of those forwards will drop down I'm sure but they will need a 7th d-man. Schneider and Lindgren should I hope, not cost more than ~$5.5m in total. If they do, they're in trouble.
They easily will? $2.50-2.75 for Schneider, and at least $4.00 for Lindgren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad