Speculation: Next Oilers GM?

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I think it would be a surprise if Jackson didn't hire a younger up and coming GM after the Knoblauch success.

I'm not sure if Mark Hunter is that guy or not. But I imagine Stan Bowman is not in consideration.
I was thinking this too, but maybe he looks at 2 guys in this case? I don't know.

I like the idea of Laurence Gilman working in the shadows, but with a younger guy that he and JJ can mentor a bit.

After looking at all of the "up and comers", I think Mathieu Darche is at the top of my list.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I'd be okay with Horcoff got to learn from Yzerman as well
I like him too and I think he'll get an interview.

I just worry about some of the jerk off fans who probably won't give him the time of day because his last contract here.

Hopefully enough time has passed and those fans are too busy fighting Covid restrictions that don't exist anymore...

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
John Chayka anyone?

22943A68-B3F5-4A1D-921E-5E68334D75DD.gif

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Is it true that Coffey is not returning to the bench? Sorry this seems like the best place to ask

That seems to be the rumor but I’ve not see anything to confirm or deny it anywhere. One thing I’ll say is JJ runs a very tight ship. No leaks come from the Oilers anymore other than Bobby Stoffy hints and clues.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Is it true that Coffey is not returning to the bench? Sorry this seems like the best place to ask
Not hard to believe. He seemed reluctant to accept the job in the first place. Perhaps the terms were, he would leave after helping to sort out the defence and leaving a bit of a blueprint for future plans.
Let’s remember that he has a demanding business in his “real life” to return to.
Very grateful for what he did and the personal sacrifice to do it…..he owes us nothing.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Here's a pro tip. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Qualify information you come across. If it passes the smell test then post. If it doesn't (and this doesn't) leave it to fester on the inter webs.

EDIT: You not only bit on this garbage but posted it in two different threads. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad