GDT: Preseason games 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Funny thing is I'm the complete opposite. If there are highlights, lowlights, or memes, I'll look like he's any other player. But I still care more about how Vilardi, Kupari, and Iafallo are doing more than he.

But I also reject the idea of telling a fanbase to "get over it" when I doubt the fervor behind the sentiment isn't related to the team he's playing for now.

Just trolling a team's board and telling them to get over any player is just shitty, especially when you have a personal stake in that player.
I find PLD and his situation to be kind of interesting.

I'm not sure if PLD doing more of the same in Washington would make the Kings look better or worse.

Also, the whole "get over it" thing is awfully rich coming from a guy who's primarily a fan of a different team. We'll see if he's still in that mood after watching PLD for a full season in Washington.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
I'm with the people that say f*** pre-season and not have your best players even bother with it, all it can lead to is injury. The Laine situation makes it a no brainer. NFL teams take the same approach and it seems to work for them. If they do still have to play pre-season games, just leave the top guys out of it...

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
KCOP (13) is the Ducks, KCAL (9) is the Kings, Cable BSW is mostly LA's , BSSW is mostly Anaheim's , sometimes they cross over depending scheduling conflicts.
You're right totally forgot about KCAL. Do the Kings have any games on KCAL this year?

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That's also quite literally possibly the only poster ever to tell us to just get over PLD.

Almost every other fanbase in the NHL--like us--saw that disaster coming and expressed justifiable sympathy.

So as much as I ended up actually liking PLD the human and hating PLD the player, I'll be actively rooting against him just for the schaudenfraude of the stupid f***ing smugness over a god damn preseason 5-on-3 goal blowing up right in his face.

"LA Misused him, Washington is actually geniuses" is some bullshit lol, as if they weren't the least-deserving playoff team (-37!) last year on their way to getting swept and went out and got PLD to cure that.

Edit: haha jesus christ it's even funnier than that, their GDT literally reads exactly like ours as it pertains to PLD. "didn't even notice him" "he coasts a lot of shifts" verbatim. I take back what I said about December...see you in November for your apology tour

Last edited:

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Blake and Co. take most of my ire for the PLD fiasco, but I still want him to fail miserably in Washington (and wherever he ends up after that). Yeah, I'm bitter. I don't hate Washington at all (hey, they kept Vegas from getting a Cup that first season), but I can't wish the guy well after how he "played" here.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Blake and Co. take most of my ire for the PLD fiasco, but I still want him to fail miserably in Washington (and wherever he ends up after that). Yeah, I'm bitter. I don't hate Washington at all (hey, they kept Vegas from getting a Cup that first season), but I can't wish the guy well after how he "played" here.

I didn't. I do now. I hope Ovechkin deflects 60 goals off his walker or fat guy corset and into the net but I hope it's the only 60 goals they get all year.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
You're right totally forgot about KCAL. Do the Kings have any games on KCAL this year?
The LA Kings are coming back to KCAL for the 2023-24 season:

Sat. Nov. 18 at 7:30 PM: St. Louis at Los Angeles
Sat. Dec. 16 at 7:00 PM: Los Angeles at Seattle
Sat. Jan. 20 at 7:30 PM: N.Y. Rangers at Los Angeles
Sat. Mar. 9 at 7:30 PM: Dallas at Los Angeles
Sat Mar. 30 at 7:00 PM: Los Angeles at Calgary
Tue. Apr. 9 at 7:00 PM: Los Angeles at Anaheim

Reactions: ru4reals

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
PLD is gold plated proof that Blake isn’t a good enough GM to build a winner. But some sycophants can look at the results and argue that he isn’t actively damaging the franchise. Some Kings fans love to live on their knees. It’s truly sad that the highest levels of the third highest revenue franchise believe we inhabit hockey Siberia.

You have to wonder who that narrative serves more. Is it fans or management? Somehow fan dollars don’t translate to equivalent relevance. We could be first in revenue and the navel gazing, excuse makers will continue to say LA hockey fans are ok with suffering for decades between success.

Somehow that doesn’t matter for the Dodgers or Lakers. But the Kings are a perennial mom and pop operation despite fans shelling out more money than everyone but TO or NYR.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

motalar

Feb 20, 2008
dalen
The LA Kings are coming back to KCAL for the 2023-24 season:

Sat. Nov. 18 at 7:30 PM: St. Louis at Los Angeles
Sat. Dec. 16 at 7:00 PM: Los Angeles at Seattle
Sat. Jan. 20 at 7:30 PM: N.Y. Rangers at Los Angeles
Sat. Mar. 9 at 7:30 PM: Dallas at Los Angeles
Sat Mar. 30 at 7:00 PM: Los Angeles at Calgary
Tue. Apr. 9 at 7:00 PM: Los Angeles at Anaheim
What about the 2024-2025 season?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: ru4reals and Lt Dan

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
That's also quite literally possibly the only poster ever to tell us to just get over PLD.

Almost every other fanbase in the NHL--like us--saw that disaster coming and expressed justifiable sympathy.

So as much as I ended up actually liking PLD the human and hating PLD the player, I'll be actively rooting against him just for the schaudenfraude of the stupid f***ing smugness over a god damn preseason 5-on-3 goal blowing up right in his face.

"LA Misused him, Washington is actually geniuses" is some bullshit lol, as if they weren't the least-deserving playoff team (-37!) last year on their way to getting swept and went out and got PLD to cure that.

Edit: haha jesus christ it's even funnier than that, their GDT literally reads exactly like ours as it pertains to PLD. "didn't even notice him" "he coasts a lot of shifts" verbatim. I take back what I said about December...see you in November for your apology tour
Plenty of Blake-defenders in our own fanbase were calm-downing us about PLD (I still remember the “b-but he’s a PLAYOFF PERFORMER” takes). It’s bizarre to see it now coming from the outside.

The worst part about having PLD on your team is that the more you watch him, the less you will actively enjoy the game of hockey. His disdain for the sport is infectious.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Ad

Ad

Ad