Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
brannstrom had a bad camp and its own fault.

but he played top 4 minutes for us and did it admiringly. often times looking better than an 8 million dollar chabot. and everyone who played with brannstrom also played better.

i really hope when injuries hit our injury prone d corp we have someone who was as effective as brannstrom was in that role. because that could be the difference between playoffs or not.

right now we have jbd, hamonic, and a rookie kleven which is awful insulation.
They missed the playoffs. With him, he won't be the difference.

Sebrango had a way better pre season. He shows up. I liked his game, keeps it simple plays hard. Has a shot capable of beating nhl goalies unlike brannstrom.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The Ullmark trade is looking ridiculous right now.

I know that people wanted to be nice and give Korpisalo a shot in Boston before calling the trade, but it's almost looking like we got Ullmark for free as a throw in.
`100%. SS really won me over when he said that was priority #1 this summer. A lot of folk seemed resigned to having to roll it back and just hope for the best with Korpisalo.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I will never understand people's fascination with replaceable players that don't make a difference like Joseph and Brannstrom. Those guys at there best are players that are good enough. Neither one of them are going to make your bottom 6/4 special. I don't get why some people have trouble letting guys like that go.

Reactions: milkbag and Skid

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I will never understand people's fascination with replaceable players that don't make a difference like Joseph and Brannstrom. Those guys at there best are players that are good enough. Neither one of them are going to make your bottom 6/4 special. I don't get why some people have trouble letting guys like that go.
Well 95% of fans have no issue. But on a discussion board is a different forum for this kind of topic.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Korpisalo is a franchise goalie alright, a franchise destroying goalie. This guy will sink your attendance, the enjoyments of fans while they watch and cost you multiple millions in playoff revenue.

Unreal how bad he is. Whatever Matt Murray had , Korpisalo has it now.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Chris Driedger is on waivers. He might be someone worth looking at if we aren't comfortable with Forsberg. Florida is deep in net. They might be hoping to sneak him through waivers now to give them some flexibility.
I'd love to bring him back, but I think the team will ride out Forsbergs contract before making any moves at goal.

~3 mil is a lot of money to pay a guy in the AHL, and while it's a sunk cost, that's still a mental hurdle to overcome.

Reactions: Icelevel

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I'd love to bring him back, but I think the team will ride out Forsbergs contract before making any moves at goal.

~3 mil is a lot of money to pay a guy in the AHL, and while it's a sunk cost, that's still a mental hurdle to overcome.
IMO there is zero chance Forsberg goes anywhere while we are trying to make Ullmark comfortable in Ottawa.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Korpisalo is a franchise goalie alright, a franchise destroying goalie. This guy will sink your attendance, the enjoyments of fans while they watch and cost you multiple millions in playoff revenue.

Unreal how bad he is. Whatever Matt Murray had , Korpisalo has it now.

We have a small window of opportunity here where other teams think that shitty players are only shitty because they play in Ottawa.

Anyone else we want to turf?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
IMO there is zero chance Forsberg goes anywhere while we are trying to make Ullmark comfortable in Ottawa.
Yeah, that's a consideration, Forsberg is well liked, and it's a bad look to ditch a guy after one bad season coming off a major injury. If we do move on from Forsberg before the end of this season, it will be after he's been given a chance to redeem himself, and likely after Ullmark extends, but I still think they ride out the contract and then decide next year whether to get someone else or run with Sogaard/Merrilainin.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We have a small window of opportunity here where other teams think that shitty players are only shitty because they play in Ottawa.

Anyone else we want to turf?

I think Forsberg should go, any Dorion player that feels shaky should be gone just because I don’t want them here

Yeah, that's a consideration, Forsberg is well liked, and it's a bad look to ditch a guy after one bad season coming off a major injury. If we do move on from Forsberg before the end of this season, it will be after he's been given a chance to redeem himself, and likely after Ullmark extends, but I still think they ride out the contract and then decide next year whether to get someone else or run with Sogaard/Merrilainin.

I dont think Forsberg, Soggard or Merilinan will ever be on the full time roster. They just aren’t good NHL goalies and they aren’t going to become good NHL goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad