Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I don’t think Macewen has gotten enough of a chance for people to sour on him. He has some good shifts just needs to add another half gear and be willing to drop the gloves more.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don’t think Macewen has gotten enough of a chance for people to sour on him. He has some good shifts just needs to add another half gear and be willing to drop the gloves more.
I'd like to see him smash through the wall a little more if he wants more time. Like Hoffman on the 4th line when he broke in with almost no opportunity, but like, goon stuff instead of solo sniping.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Disagree. After he wall-flowered last night I think there are plenty that have soured on him, I know I have.
I would have loved it if Macewen was the one who fought xjacka** instead of Brady. But maybe the coaches said something to him after that was “taken care of”. Who knows.
He definitely needs to be a protector going forward or I agree he has no place.

Reactions: Blotto71

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
I would have loved it if Macewen was the one who fought xjacka** instead of Brady. But maybe the coaches said something to him after that was “taken care of”. Who knows.
He definitely needs to be a protector going forward or I agree he has no place.
I think MacEwan should have been having words with both Struble and Pezzetta who targeted Greig before Timmy ever got hit. But yeah, he has to figure out his role or ride the bus.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Will be interesting to see if Toronto moves away from Jarnkrok.

Might be Kempe but he might not fit here with the centres we have.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Will be interesting to see if Toronto moves away from Jarnkrok.

Might be Kempe but he might not fit here with the centres we have.
Jarnkrok would be a good add imo the cap hit makes it extremely difficult

the same reason the leafs would want to move away from him is the same reason we cant really fit him in since with 13/7/2 we have about 1.1 million in cap space. If we get rid 2 forwards or 1 forward and 1 dman we can fit him in but i dont think staios would consider losing the depth and flexibility going into the season

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
We don't need Jarnkrok at the expense of 2.1M in cap. We would have to roll with a 21 player roster.

If the Leafs did shop him, someone might bite. His base salary this year is only 775k. A team like San Jose would absolutely take a veteran who is on a 2 year 775k/2.1M real money contract.

Forward is actually a position of strength for us if Norris is healthy. We are in a position where there was actual competition in camp for the last spot.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I think MacEwan should have been having words with both Struble and Pezzetta who targeted Greig before Timmy ever got hit. But yeah, he has to figure out his role or ride the bus.

Exactly this. Hard to fault him for not fighting Xhekaj when he got tossed but I don’t understand why he wouldn’t at least try to put Pezzetta in his place. That’s the job.

Don’t want to do it the sens will have to find someone who will.

Reactions: Blotto71

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Exactly this. Hard to fault him for not fighting Xhekaj when he got tossed but I don’t understand why he wouldn’t at least try to put Pezzetta in his place. That’s the job.

Don’t want to do it the sens will have to find someone who will.
I think I have seen enough of MacEwen; he can be fired off into the sun.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
As much shit as Wifi got and gets, and some deservedly so, he made his presence felt, and that presence is what got him, and is keeping him in the NHL

Mac really fumbled there, he needs to answer the bell and step up for what he's here to do. If that's taking a cheap shot, so be it
You aren't wrong, but it was for a pretty dirty hit. Anyone can do that if they're willing to cross the line. Most players just respect their peers more than to be out there trying to hurt people with blindside hits.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Maybe it's just me but I don't find MacEwen fighting particularly valuable to the team when he loses almost every fight he takes part in.

It's actually kind of embarrassing and probably doesn't rally the team much.

Reactions: GCK

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Maybe it's just me but I don't find MacEwen fighting particularly valuable to the team when he loses almost every fight he takes part in.

It's actually kind of embarrassing and probably doesn't rally the team much.
For me it'd be the value of him stepping up so that someone like Tkachuk doesn't have to. Come regular season, I want Tkachuk hopefully hitting 40g this season, instead of being tossed in a game. If McEwan steps up, he might even get another NHL contract after next season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad