Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
Ott: Sidney Crosby
Pitt: 1st round pick, Sogaard, Elliason, Halliday

Greig - Crosby - Batherson
Tkachuk - Timmy - Giroux
Norris - Pinto - Amadio
Cousin - Ostapchuk - D.P.

Sid will want to go to a Canadian team that can win a Cup and Ottawa is his choice
Who is "D.P."??

D!ck Pic?

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

Tkachuk - Timmy - Giroux
Norris - Pinto - Amadio

Sid will want to go to a Canadian team that can win a Cup and Ottawa is his choice
We're giving up Elliason? The Pens have to add the Crosby

Reactions: Tuna99

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Tkachuk - Timmy - Giroux
Norris - Pinto - Amadio

Norris would have to go the other way for salary and contracts

I wouldn't do Crosby for Halliday straight up.
Good one!

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Crosby would get a massive return. Especially if he has term. You're not just getting a top player/consummate winner, you're getting a marketing coup. The moment the Senators acquire Crosby for his final stretch down the league, every luxury box is sold out.

The only exception to him getting a massive return would be if he only wants to go to one team. The odds of that one team being Ottawa are nil.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Dion Phaneuf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1726015568853.png

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Watching Kleven last year on top of hearing Staios talk about the D core I dont see any scenario he isnt playing on this team. He stated he was ready last year but they wanted him to get lots of reps. At the end of the year when they are out of it, I specifically watch players when I am at the games and he was one of the players I focused on, he is good. Amazing gap control and skating, really good stick. The thing that suprised me were his puck skills and patience. He made a few first passes where he waited out a forchecker then snapped it on the tape. Was expecting him to basically be an off the glass or D to D guy at this point. Apparently he had a big summer, I am expecting him to take another step.

The true competition is for the 3rd pair RHD spot. 5 guys fighting for it more or less. I expect JBD to win it but we will see.

It would not surprise me if Kleven ends up on a matchup shut down pair with either Jensen or Zub by the end of the season. He's a way better defender than Chabot. I really dont think they will run it the way you described. In a perfect world he is first PK and logs around 18 minutes a night.
After listening to Hamonic's interview at the charity golf game where he said he had 2 procedures done on his knees this off-season, he may be good to go on the 3rd pairing alternating with JBD. I think it would be good for Kleven to have Hamonic show him the ropes as he really helped Sanderson when he first started.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
After listening to Hamonic's interview at the charity golf game where he said he had 2 procedures done on his knees this off-season, he may be good to go on the 3rd pairing alternating with JBD. I think it would be good for Kleven to have Hamonic show him the ropes as he really helped Sanderson when he first started.

Well it worked for Anton Forsberg.

• Haha
Reactions: SENStastic

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
Barring injuries, I don't see Hamonic playing a lot this season. I am going to say somewhere around 20 games this year.

I still think Hamonic is still capable of being a solid 3rd pair RD, in a limited 12-to-15-minute role, when he is called upon and then providing mentorship to JBD & Kleven (and Sanderson) through the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad