Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Oct 10, 2010
Roos and Davies are Belleville signings though. They are probably not playing in Ottawa.

I suspect we're going to sign a PTO or two and give the better of the two a contract to start the year,

Maybe a guy like Tinordi, Shattenkirk, or Dermott, maybe Giordano if he isn't retiring.
Massive opportunity for few of those players to make the team if signed here bottom pairing has some question marks.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Don't need much cap to add some cheap D depth.

I would have preferred guys like Fleury, Mahura, Ruhwedel, Bortuzzo than Roos/Davies.

All cost around league minimum and, while they aren't long-term solutions by any means, they have played games in the league and are better than Roos/Davies.

Going bargain bin shopping via trade would have been fine too. Kovacevic and Coghlan would have been good competition at RD and cost very little.
Which one of those guys would start the season in Belleville and wait for an injury? There are 2 teams, remember?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Which one of those guys would start the season in Belleville and wait for an injury? There are 2 teams, remember?
We have about 1 mil in cap space to sign an 8th D if we want, more if we don't carry a 13th forward.

I think we held off signing an NHL 8th D to see if we could get someone via PTO or a late signing that lost out on the game of musical chairs. Kind of like how we ended up with Cousins.

Reactions: Loach

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

I would go 13F/8D/2G with our roster, meaning one of those guys wouldn't need to even go to Belleville to start the year.

As high as I am on Kleven's potential, he's still only 22 and has played a grand total of 17 games the last two seasons. There's going to be inconsistency and some rough patches. Need someone to be able to step into his spot if he needs some time in the press box.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I would go 13F/8D/2G with our roster, meaning one of those guys wouldn't need to even go to Belleville to start the year.

As high as I am on Kleven's potential, he's still only 22 and has played a grand total of 17 games the last two seasons. There's going to be inconsistency and some rough patches. Need someone to be able to step into his spot if he needs some time in the press box.
I think we'll go without the 13th forward unless we're on a road trip if we sign an 8th D.

The more I think about it, the more Dermott seems like a likely candidate.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I think we'll go without the 13th forward unless we're on a road trip if we sign an 8th D.

The more I think about it, the more Dermott seems like a likely candidate.

Dermott seems like the best option in FA right now.

Waiver wire might be the best option though.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
That's another viable option but comes with a lot more risk (there may not be a good option that fits the cap).

I think there will be many options that fit with the cap.

Just throwing out some names:

J.Oesterle
J.MacDonald
G.Brisebois
T.Smith
J.Aspirot
D.Gilbert
J.Moverare
N.DiSimone
T.Tucker
M.Friedman
C.Wolanin
R.Hagg

Not guys you want penciled into roster spots necessarily, but better depth options than AHLers like Roos/Davies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think there will be many options that fit with the cap.

Just throwing out some names:

J.Oesterle
J.MacDonald
G.Brisebois
T.Smith
J.Aspirot
D.Gilbert
J.Moverare
N.DiSimone
T.Tucker
M.Friedman
C.Wolanin
R.Hagg

Not guys you want penciled into roster spots necessarily, but better depth options than AHLers like Roos/Davies.
Better than Davies and Roos isn't really the target with a waiver wire pick up, you need someone that will stick on the roster, otherwise they just get reclaimed by the team we got them from when you try to move them to the AHL.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

I dont think we keep 13/8/2 mainly because that would cap us out and wouldnt allow us to add at the deadline (its not a guarantee but that appears to be the plan)

i think its gonna either be 13/7/2 or 12/8/2. The second option seems tricky just because we are already going to be balancing the need for playing time and if we add another body it may create an issue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad