Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Florida were giving Montour a crazy amount of powerplay time - like to the tune of 4+ minutes a night. Not sure how that would work in Ottawa with Sanderson and Chabot already in the mix.

I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Florida were giving Montour a crazy amount of powerplay time - like to the tune of 4+ minutes a night. Not sure how that would work in Ottawa with Sanderson and Chabot already in the mix.

I suppose beggars can't be choosers.
He’s getting overpaid for sure, but it’s weird how Florida won the Cup with just Forsling and a bunch of d-men who come with red flags. Panthers fans keep giving “buyers beware” opinions on Ekblad, Montour, and OEL.

Was this the weakest team to win the Cup or something?

Oct 10, 2010
We are looking at everyone that’s RD just like we were looking at the top goalies available
Let’s see if Bruce will ever break another trade or signing 1st this offseason - if he doesn’t he’s got no sources left with new management.

Looking for and getting are very different. I can’t imagine any serious team team is going to offer him 8 million.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bruce mentions Montour as another target for the Sens. He’s going to get overpaid because of last season, but f*** it. Sanderson-Montour and Chabot-Zub is good.
Why do you guys believe anything he says? Obviously they would be looking at him. He isn't coming here without a massive over pay.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He’s getting overpaid for sure, but it’s weird how Florida won the Cup with just Forsling and a bunch of d-men who come with red flags. Panthers fans keep giving “buyers beware” opinions on Ekblad, Montour, and OEL.

Was this the weakest team to win the Cup or something?
No it’s just people romanticize winning teams. They’re perfect. All their d are the smartest D that win all board battles and block all shots and clear all creases. Yada yada.

I mean just look at the stats on the bruins defence that @Micklebot posted last week lol. They weren’t that great. And gave up a ton of high danger scoring chances.

NinjaSens

Aug 28, 2008
The Sens may be unsuccessful in landing a top4 RHD in free agency or via trade. I did not watch many games last season and I don't remember if a Sanderson - Chychrun pairing was used. Sanderson could provide the defensive stability Chychrun needs. Could it work? If it was tried, how effective or ineffective were they.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
The Sens may be unsuccessful in landing a top4 RHD in free agency or via trade. I did not watch many games last season and I don't remember if a Sanderson - Chychrun pairing was used. Sanderson could provide the defensive stability Chychrun needs. Could it work? If it was tried, how effective or ineffective were they.
I want Sanderson playing his game. Not a defensive game to shield Chychrun.

Reactions: NB613 and Icelevel

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Roy, DeBrusk and Foegele would be excellent pick ups. Hoping we go hard for them, especially Roy.
Man. Don’t do this to yourself man lol.

I’m guessing dumba and like William carrier.

Wasn’t used. Would it work? Define work. I think it would be fine if the goalie stops some shots.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
If we don't get a top 4 right shot D, I think we should hang onto Chychrun. At least until the deadline.

Staios should set a price he is willing to accept and not move off of it. It will serve him well to play hardball and establish a reputation much like Sakic did with Duchene. The Sens don't HAVE TO move Chychrun and shouldn't unless they get an acceptable return. Send a message to the league that you're not going to be trifled with.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Roy would make this a successful off season. I wouldn’t care what we get in return for Chychrun if we end up with Roy.
Does Kaliyev, 2026 2nd and rights to Roy make sense for Chychrun? I'd do that tomorrow to negotiate with Roy.

Man. Don’t do this to yourself man lol.

I’m guessing dumba and like William carrier.
I need to have higher standards for this mgmt and ownership group.

• Haha
Reactions: Arogie and NB613

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Does Kaliyev, 2026 2nd and rights to Roy make sense for Chychrun? I'd do that tomorrow to negotiate with Roy.

I need to have higher standards for this mgmt and ownership group.

The rights to Roy are only worth a 4th to 7th round type pick. They could be worth a bit more of LAK facilitate an 8 year sign-and-trade. I doubt the Senators want to go 8 years on Roy.

I don't think Kaliyev is worth a 1st round pick. Change it to Kaliyev, a protected 1st, and Roy for Chychrun and a late pick.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Negotiation rights are not sufficient. We need a signed contract.
Can't sign until July 1st, getting his rights allows us to start that negotiation process before other teams.

If mgmt is confident in a contract offer, I would do it as long as Roy doesn't have any personal objections against coming here.

The rights to Roy are only worth a 4th to 7th round type pick. They could be worth a bit more of LAK facilitate an 8 year sign-and-trade. I doubt the Senators want to go 8 years on Roy.

I don't think Kaliyev is worth a 1st round pick. Change it to Kaliyev, a protected 1st, and Roy for Chychrun and a late pick.
Sure. If they want Joseph included too, add him in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad