Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
I'm kind of flattered that you think it's only marijuana causing those thoughts, and not something harder. So I'll take it.
You:
8v90fz.jpg

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I say this with absolutely no malice, but has anything Pagnotta talked about led anywhere?

I’ve seen like 10 rumours a day from him for the past year

Someone on the main board said it best.

He’s basically Eklund with a media pass.

I'd do it if Norris is healthy, since Greig would be buried in the lineup. Tanev could bring physicality to the 13th forward spot, and Greig is due for a huge raise next year so it's a good cap move.

Legit can’t figure out if your high on crack or trolling.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Overpaid or not, I imagine if Staios could trade Chychrun for Ekblad he'd probably do it.

Not sure if Ekblad waives his NTC to come here. Maybe he gets traded to a 3rd team and Florida uses those assets to acquire Chychrun.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That’s true, but what RD doesn’t come with risk at this point, other than maybe Matt Roy? We’d all love Chris Tanev, but even he’s turning 35 during the season and his body has been through hell over the years.

Bruce mentioned the Panthers are one of the teams talking about Chychrun. I wouldn’t be surprised if Staios inquired about Ekblad.
Everyone come with risk but there are varying degrees of risk.

I’ll still pay tanev 5.5 before paying Elkblad like 9

On the new 32 Thoughts:

-Sounds like Tanev will come down to Dallas vs. Toronto with an outside shot of Vancouver. No mention of Ottawa being a consideration.
Here’s the thing with Tanev. Staios DEFINITELY got a feel for what tanev wants when he pursued him all last season. And I think that’s what it was. A lot of courting. He knew tanev wouldn’t come here mid season in a lost season. So behind closed doors. If staios is still in on tanev I think it’s because he knows he can get him.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
As much as I was all for Tanev singing with Ottawa, it’s probably best we don’t invest in a 35 year old D with lots of mileage already.

Who does this leave as realistic top 4 RD options? Roy, Marino, Pesce or Ekblad?

Roy would be the best IMO and we wouldn’t have to give up any assets. He’s also going to have a ton of suitors. I hope Staios makes a deal for his rights, even if he isn’t able to get a deal done.

Marino would be solid, but it’s just been speculated he might be available if NJ signs Pesce.

If Pesce doesn’t sign with NJ he could be a decent option. The way Carolina fans have spoke about him recently though, his new contract could be concerning.

Ekblad might be alright, but he has a NTC so who knows if he’d even waive for us. He’s also had a lot of injury issues over the last few seasons and taken a step back. In the final year of his deal, it would be a very risky play from Ottawa.

Certainly not a ton of options and we’re desperate lol.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
From knowing the Tanev family I personally don’t seem him signing in Toronto contrary to popular media driven belief that everyone from the GTA wants to play for the leafs one day.
Toronto will always be a draw to some extent, but that draw has never been weaker.

The ROR situation raised alarm bells around the league (& failure to retain Schenn), a rabid and impatient media and fanbase, the high possibility that the guy responsible for bringing players in will be fired in the next year or two… lots of reasons to stay away

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Maybe Carrier can revive Chabot
French guy from same place ish
Stats are somewhat solid
Rarely a minus guy
Not big not spectacular but could come cheaper than Tanev or Roy
Carrier feels like a good but not ideal fit, similar to DeMelo in that he's a steady no nonesense defender, but isn't giving you anything flashy or physicality.

He'd be a good pickup, but we'd still be lacking that big body that can punish guys and clear the net.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I like Carrier as much as the next guy, but I'm still not convinced he's going to be available. There's still some time until FA, Nashville has space, and they need to fill defense slots. Unless there has been strong rumours stating he's not being retained, I can't see Nashville not making a push to sign him.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Ekblad will get traded at some point I imagine.

I could see Florida getting on the RHD market whether they retain Montour and/or try to grab a Demelo/Tanev/Roy/Carrier.

I don't know if Ekblad would consider signing here but he could be a good target. We might be one of the only teams that could legitimately help Florida.(along with Detroit)

Chychrun for picks and then picks flipped to Florida for Ekblad. Have to think the price would be interesting given that Florida would highly value not taking money back and with that in mind there would not be many options for them.

He also fits exactly what Management would be looking for. Leader, logs big minutes, big Dman to complement Chabot/Sanderson. He can chip in offensively and stable defenseively. Would obviously need to be contingent on him re-signing depending on the price.

Again' depending on how open Ekblad would be to re-sign - I see this as a good opportunity to get a good RHD for a relatively good trade value.

Last edited:

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Always felt like Zack Bogosian plays mean against us
Big strong guy on a cheap short contract
Not the youngest not the fastest but had a good season with the Wild at +11
Doesnt seem to have a NMC
Don't know if Joseph + or Chychrun or whatever would be enough to get him
Him and Carrier could be good upgrades maybe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad