Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
That would be funny if they acquired him.

“Draft interviews are important to guage the character of these prospects”

“Let’s get the guy who will only sign if he’s handed a main roster spot”
Rutger is a high character player. Situation is not nearly as clear cut as youre saying

McGroaty is NOT worth Chychrun + anything! Dorion has conditioned this fanbase to under-value all things Sens.
Or maybe you and I just disagree on McGroarty’s value…

Give me McGroarty over a 20th + 45th pick in this draft any day.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
"A guy we draft this week isn't likely to be ready for top 4 duties in a year from now, great options or not."
Lets wait and see.
Hey, if he is that's great, but it's not the norm or something that should be expected, the point is you don't trade guys off on the hope and prayer that guys will develop ahead of a typical schedule, so wait and see is exactly what I'm advocating, don't make moves until you see they are ready to fill the vacancy you're creating

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I would also see McGroaty as a good add, but would wnat the Jets to add to get Chychrun. Another poster mentioned Baron - he would fill the 4C spot very nicely.
Hey, I’d be thrilled. But when you look at upside and NHL readiness, I’d be shocked if we get an asset as good as McGroarty in a Chychrun trade. Any team outside of the top 10 should seriously consider trading their pick for him, IMO, and I would look long and hard at 7 for him + a guy like Barron (and maybe a midrounder).

Reactions: Blotto71

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
The era of Dorion and Garrioch is over so we don't need another drama queen.
Crunchy can't execute a zone exit, handles the puck like a grenade and before last season was not often injured, always injured
View attachment 887937

Chabot's games played
View attachment 887936

Can you guess who was often injured and was rumored to be traded early in his career as a Sens?
View attachment 887933
That guy is on an entirely different level - he earned the patience he was shown.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Rutger is a high character player. Situation is not nearly as clear cut as youre saying

Or maybe you and I just disagree on McGroarty’s value…

Give me McGroarty over a 20th + 45th pick in this draft any day.
I haven’t seen much of Rutger. We’ve all heard what kind guy he is

If we traded back with Philly to 12 and got an additional second would you be ok flipping that 12 over to jets?

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Well rutger went 14 and has really only improved his stock since the draft. Is there someone in this draft who we see on the same level?

I don't see McGroarty as having the same kind of upside as the guys we're looking at in the top 8-9 of this class, and I'd only want to trade down if we think one of those top guys will still be at 9 or 12 or wherever we're trading back to.

So no, I don't see 7OA, flipped or otherwise, being in play for McGroarty. I'm sticking with the upside of a top guy in this draft class.

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
I am not super familiar with the situation, so maybe you can help me out, but it kinda seems that clear cut.

He wants out because they won’t lock in a spot for him. Does that mean he is a bad person? No. Do I like that mentality? No.

Reactions: Icelevel

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I am not super familiar with the situation, so maybe you can help me out, but it kinda seems that clear cut.

He wants out because they won’t lock in a spot for him. Does that mean he is a bad person? No. Do I like that mentality? No.
That demand comes from him not trusting how Winnipeg has integrated young players. I.e “you jerk around a lot of your young players and I need to know that wont happen to me”. He is starting from a position of a lack of faith in the Jets model. Put him in Ottawa and I seriously doubt he draws that line in the sand.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That demand comes from him not trusting how Winnipeg has integrated young players. I.e “you jerk around a lot of your young players and I need to know that wont happen to me”. He is starting from a position of a lack of faith in the Jets model. Put him in Ottawa and I seriously doubt he draws that line in the sand.
Which young players got jerked around? Perfetti followed a very standard path. He just isn’t THAT good

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I believe Rutger just wants to move to another organization. The Winnipeg player development model may be a factor but I believe the larger reason is that it's Winnipeg. I think he's just being diplomatic in not saying that.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Attaching a pick to trade Joseph is asinine. They need another player like Joseph. The only one who has reported the sens are shopping Joseph is Garrioch. Who gets absolutely nothing from the sens org. He's just throwing darts. Look how wrong he was about ullmark. Guys washed.

What about Chychrun for Laughton and one of Phillys second rounders this year or next? All should be in the top 40.

Hearing there is also interest from Chicago in Chychrun. Not sure what a deal with them looks like though. They don't really have anything the sens want except picks and they are mid rebuild. Why would they trade picks when they can sign him for free next year. Not like Dorion is the GM.
They have Connor Murphy who would be the perfect pick-up, but I don't think he's available and he has a 10-team NTC.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Jets pretty much in a box where they have to move him. So its possible a bargain on him could be had.
I mean there are bargains but then there are BARGAINS. We don’t have much left to sell off.

Do they have space for chychrun? Will chychrun sign with them? I wouldn’t. Chychrun with an extensions for McGroarty and a small pick I could see.

But they’re not taking our seconds. Or Joseph and a second. Or even two seconds. Someone else will outbid us at that

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
That would be crazy on Ottawa's part to do.

thats-the-joke-ranier-wolfcastle.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad