Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
My assumption is Korpi goes to Philly

This is what I would hope for, but it seems too good to be true, unless we're not getting anything else back from PHI.

7 for 12+32+Taking Koirpisalo seems like way too much.

Taking Forsberg or retaining on Ullmark is a 1 year and done thing. So it makes more sense to me. Not to mention that Forsberg might have some value to them because there aren't many goalies available and Ersson was not great last year.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
This is what I would hope for, but it seems too good to be true, unless we're not getting anything else back from PHI.

7 for 12+32+Taking Koirpisalo seems like way too much.

Taking Forsberg or retaining on Ullmark is a 1 year and done thing. So it makes more sense to me. Not to mention that Forsberg might have some value to them because there aren't many goalies available and Ersson was not great last year.
I think it would have to be 7+Korpi+pick for 12th or something.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Whether it's 25 or 32 going to BOS with Chychrun, I don't think is the point of trading down. 25 and 32 are close enough in value that I think the trade down is about getting the extra pick that enables Ottawa to give one away.

It also wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of money element to it. PHI either takes a contract from Ottawa or acts as a third party to retain on Ullmark. Or even something simpler like PHI being the team to take Forsberg.
Too much Oilers disrespect here calling it pick 32. It will be pick 31.

I feel like the Sens would just keep the 7th pick rather than trying to “replace” the 25th they trade away. We could use an extra prospect, but feels like we need a high-end one more than a depth one.

Feels like there’s more to it but I could be wrong. The monetary piece could be it, or to be fair, it could just be that the guy they like best will be there at 12 and there’s no harm in doing it.

Where did you all hear this about Peeke?
Nowhere, it’s just random speculation. Nothing to indicate he’s involved other than we need RD so he’s getting thrown into trade scenarios.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Too much Oilers disrespect here calling it pick 32. It will be pick 31.

I feel like the Sens would just keep the 7th pick rather than trying to “replace” the 25th they trade away. We could use an extra prospect, but feels like we need a high-end one more than a depth one.

Feels like there’s more to it but I could be wrong. The monetary piece could be it, or to be fair, it could just be that the guy they like best will be there at 12 and there’s no harm in doing it.

Nowhere, it’s just random speculation. Nothing to indicate he’s involved other than we need RD so he’s getting thrown into trade scenarios.

FLA finished ahead of EDM in the standings so they are seeded higher until the cup is awarded and the winner gets the last seed. Not that it matters if you call it 31 or 32, but technically it's accurate to call it 32 until the cup is awarded.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Why not Elick if we trade back to 12 Never see him play, but what I read seems like he’s the best defender to play defensively. He s big and rd

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I don't like that we may be replacing Joseph with Brandon Tanev, Joseph is both the younger and better player.

I don't really see the incentive for Staois to do something like that, at least not straight up. Acquiring Tanev makes a lot of sense but not at the expense of our most similar player. I don't suspect a deal like that is being entertained right now and there's risk there with Tanev only having a year left.

The only way I could see that materialize is if Staois knows he can get Chris Tanev to sign here for the brother connection OR if there are other pieces included in the deal that make things more interesting.

It would certainly be dissapointing to see a trade like that if the only motive was to acquire a veteran presence. Tanev has had injury issues and is getting older but all in all - is a pretty good player. I would imagine that value-wise Joseph has the edge here.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
the Taney brothers playing together in Ottawa would be such a huge get by Staois. The brothers could be looking at the Kelces and thinking they could do that for the NHL and Ottawa is a great place to not only win but build a brand that’ll last after they hang up the skates.

Would be kinda like reunited the Neidermeyers boys

Reactions: Crosside

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Instead of this convoluted multi stage plan to get Chris Tanev here why not just skip all that and target someone else for less money than both Tanev brothers would make combined?
just the Tanevs hair alone would add such a greasy factor to this team it would be worth the $10 million.

Chris Taney is the perfect partner for for Sanderson, the Sens program, the cap hit and culture wise and the coach knows him so it would be a big help for coaching staff to have Chris Taney get a head start on playing the system.

And Brandon with Ridley Grieg at C is exactly what the Sens need on the 3rd line - tenacity and will.

It’s a great fit for so many reasons - but the greasy hair being the main reason

Reactions: bicboi64

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
the Taney brothers playing together in Ottawa would be such a huge get by Staois. The brothers could be looking at the Kelces and thinking they could do that for the NHL and Ottawa is a great place to not only win but build a brand that’ll last after they hang up the skates.

Would be kinda like reunited the Neidermeyers boys
The Kelces are going to go down as two of the best players to ever play in their position. I don’t think the tanevs carry the same name power

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad