Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
JBD is on 1-way money. If they project him to be in the AHL, they won't want to pay him.

It's a toss up whether he would clear waivers in training camp anyways. Look at Lassi getting claimed last year because a team was short on RHD.

Might as well try to get an asset for him and shed the 1-way contract. I could see a team with depth issues giving up a 5th-7th round type pick for him. That's usually what teams will pay for RHD who show they can play games in the NHL, even if they are fringe NHLers. They almost always have a little bit of value.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
When was the last time CNN did a segment about an upcoming NHL game? Because they did one yesterday.

You have a guy breaking Gretzky’s records trying to do something that hasn’t been done since 1942.

There won’t be any trade news distracting from it, and no actual media member is going to post about anything but that game tomorrow.

All we’ll have until Tuesday is Twitter “insiders”.
CNN has been doing more news about Canada since they've changed Mngt a year ago and they've always had a thing for Gretzky.

Regardless I'm retracting my comment. :thumbu:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think this is basically his ceiling.

Guys like him are a dime a dozen.
His ceiling ? That’s shortsighted. I have no problem replacing him with a vet that can help bring Kleven along but he still has growth.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
They also have two better LD for most of the next decade.

One slightly above average season from Lohrei makes you say that? Interesting how that line of thinking works for other teams, but not the Senators.

JBD is the textbook definition of a replacement-level defenseman.

If we can get something for him, trade him.

He's a small add-on to a deal.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'd be okay trading down to nine or ten. I see the argument for it, though I'd rather not. Twelve is outside the range I'd move to, though. At twelve, I think you're putting yourself into a lower tier, and I don't trust this scouting staff not to reach in that position.

I also don't like Yakemchuk very much and have my doubts they'd take Catton, even at 12, so there's that.
I don't like the scouting staff too. That Boucher pick was horrendous! Surely a few of the scouts would have said so.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
One slightly above average season from Lohrei makes you say that? Interestin how that line of thinking works for other teams, but not the Senators.
Ok, one guy on either side who are objectively much better than Chychrun and one more guy on each side who are a coin flip but under lingterm team control at a fair/low price. Better?

Pretty funny that you argue that Boston has no need for Ullmark but needs Chychrun and I’m the one on a spin campaign

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Think Sens would have interest in RW Taylor Raddysh?

After scoring 20 goals in 2022-23 he struggled all of this past season offensively and was essentially just a 4th line PK guy for Hawks at best moments. He is RFA so Hawks have to decide if he is someone, they want to continue to invest time/contract slot going forward in

Maybe JBD for Raddysh RFA rights + Hawks 2024 6th round pick (#163)

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot

After scoring 20 goals in 2022-23 he struggled all of this past season offensively and was essentially just a 4th line PK guy for Hawks at best moments. He is RFA so Hawks have to decide if he is someone, they want to continue to invest time/contract slot going forward in

I'd do it.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
B.Tanev for Joseph, is that still in the cards. Gives a reason for C. Tanev to sign
I don't think Seattle want Joseph.

The way Garrioch has presented the situation is that the Sens want to dump Joseph somewhere to free up the cap/salary to accommodate Tanev. In a previous article he said the Sens aren't asking for much in return for him, just want him off the books.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I don't think Seattle want Joseph.

The way Garrioch has presented the situation is that the Sens want to dump Joseph somewhere to free up the cap/salary to accommodate Tanev. In a previous article he said the Sens aren't asking for much in return for him, just want him off the books.
Garrioch has always been dumb, now he is dumb and uninformed

Reactions: gab6511

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There

Wouldn't say no, but honestly, more interested in his brother out of TB to fill a bottom pairing RD spot.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Shouldn't have to pay much for Brandon Tanev. The market for bottom-of-the-lineup forwards making 3.5M is not going to be very hot.

Maybe they'd take Brannstrom. Or a 4th round pick.

Reactions: BondraTime

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
One of Kelly or Kastelic + a 3rd or 4th.

I actually really liked Parker Kelly in the bottom 6. I didn't think he was the issue at all. I keep him at all costs. Kasty/Macewan/Joseph pretty much anyone else not named Greig who played bottom 6 this year can go.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Sens will definitely look to move Kastelic, I think he lost favor with the old coaching staff too.

I think there were a few players on the team that were identified as having poor habits and being guys who liked “living the NHL lifestyle”, but weren’t all that into doing what was needed to win. They got too comfortable.

Some of those guys will still be here next year and the new coaching staff will try to get them turned around, because their skill level and talent warrants that chance, but others will be sent packing.

Kastelic and Joseph fall into the latter group. You just can’t be a bottom 6er who coasts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad