Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
CAP friendly have Chychrun and Forsberg on Bruins team

The trade is Chychrun + Forsberg ( 680 000 retained ) + 25 + our second for Ullmark + Lauko + Boston third 2025

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: NB613

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Absolutely agree that you can have prime Hasek in net but if we don't fix our dzone play and upgrade our dmen, we aren't going anywhere.

We need a top 4Rd and a big shutdown Dman to replace branny's spot.

We definitely have to upgrade the D, but you have to wonder how terrible goaltending, especially early in a game, contributed to our play.

I think Garrioch tweeted that Ottawa goalies gave up a goal on the 1st or 2nd shot of the game 22 times last year. That’s crazy!

When you’re already chasing the game after a couple of shifts, and know that you’ll probably need to score 4 to win… that’s not a recipe for steady, defensive play. Especially from an inexperienced quick to panic roster.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
CAP friendly have Chychrun and Forsberg on Bruins team

The trade is Chychrun + Forsberg ( 680 000 retained ) + 25 + our second for Ullmark + Lauko + Boston third 2025
That's just a mock trade posted by a fan. It's not real.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
1000061216.png

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
We definitely have to upgrade the D, but you have to wonder how terrible goaltending, especially early in a game, contributed to our play.

I think Garrioch tweeted that Ottawa goalies gave up a goal on the 1st or 2nd shot of the game 22 times last year. That’s crazy!

When you’re already chasing the game after a couple of shifts, and know that you’ll probably need to score 4 to win… that’s not a recipe for steady, defensive play. Especially from an inexperienced quick to panic roster.
There’s really no mystery here. Murray and Korpisalo were both trash signings the second they were done. Anyone who argues otherwise wasn’t paying attention. In Matt Murray’s last season in Pittsburgh he had concussion issues and posted .899. Korpisalo was a bad goalie for 90% of his career and Dorion was convinced the 30 games in 22/23 was a better sample size than that.

Is there risk involved with Ullmark? Yes obviously, but it’s not nearly the same thing.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
There’s really no mystery here. Murray and Korpisalo were both trash signings the second they were done. Anyone who argues otherwise wasn’t paying attention. In Matt Murray’s last season in Pittsburgh he had concussion issues and posted .899. Korpisalo was a bad goalie for 90% of his career and Dorion was convinced the 30 games in 22/23 was a better sample size than that.

Is there risk involved with Ullmark? Yes obviously, but it’s not nearly the same thing.

Even among the elite goalies there's question marks.

Vasilevskiy? Just posted a season with a .900 sv%

Hellebuyck? 31 years old, had a horrible playoffs.

Bobrovsky? 35 years old!

Demko? Injury problems! Played one playoff game before getting hurt.

Saros? Finished with a .906 sv% this year and a .900 in the playoffs.

There's no prime Carey Prices available, unfortunately. Ullmark is about as good as you can do in a situation like this.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Even among the elite goalies there's question marks.

Vasilevskiy? Just posted a season with a .900 sv%

Hellebuyck? 31 years old, had a horrible playoffs.

Bobrovsky? 35 years old!

Demko? Injury problems! Played one playoff game before getting hurt.

Saros? Finished with a .906 sv% this year and a .900 in the playoffs.

There's no prime Carey Prices available, sorry. Ullmark is about as good as you can do in a situation like this.

It sucks....but it's also a bit comforting, in a strange way.

No team in the league can honestly say they're 100% confident in their netminders for the next 5+ years. The position is just so volatile right now.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
It sucks....but it's also a bit comforting, in a strange way.

No team in the league can honestly say they're 100% confident in their netminders for the next 5+ years. The position is just so volatile right now.

I have to give it up to Shesterkin though. Top notch season, front to back.

He is also not available.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
It’s really confusing trying to piece how Philly factors into this.

If they need the extra asset from trading down, you would assume it’s the FLA first? But then if it’s already Chychrun + 25, it’d be crazy to add another first round pick. And 12+ is too much also, so who knows.

Bruce and Friedman are both really hammering home the asking price too. I can’t tell if we’re about to pay an absurd amount or be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: BigRig4

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

If they need the extra asset from trading down, you would assume it’s the FLA first? But then if it’s already Chychrun + 25, it’d be crazy to add another first round pick. And 12+ is too much also, so who knows.

Bruce and Friedman are both really hammering home the asking price too. I can’t tell if we’re about to pay an absurd amount or be pleasantly surprised.

They probably don't.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024

I heard Friedman say that he thinks Calgary did really well and got “a lot” for Markstrom, whereas most fans on here disagree, so I wouldn’t be too concerned.

His value meter is closer to actual GMs, and most of them would say that trading the 25th OA pick, by itself, for a goalie is a lot. Because of you look at historical goalie values, it is.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016

My assumption is Korpi goes to Philly

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

Whether it's 25 or 32 going to BOS with Chychrun, I don't think is the point of trading down. 25 and 32 are close enough in value that I think the trade down is about getting the extra pick that enables Ottawa to give one away.

It also wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of money element to it. PHI either takes a contract from Ottawa or acts as a third party to retain on Ullmark. Or even something simpler like PHI being the team to take Forsberg.

Reactions: BarberPole9

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
My assumption is Korpi goes to Philly
I don’t think that’s happening unless there’s a major sweetener. Maybe they waive him and hope he improves, then buy him out next year if they can’t find takers?

If they were going to buy him out next week I think we would have heard something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad