Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
People are either really young to not have been a Sens fan when he was here or are friends with Ceci. I would not bring him back in any capacity

I think it's the opposite.

People who are young are into the anti-Ceci memes. Older people saw him play here and love him because they liked Doughty.

Ceci had to be moved off of Edmonton's second pair in the playoffs. He's not the top 4 D we need.

He would be a luxury #5 guy for us if we get Tanev.

Tanev/Zub then Ceci at 18 minutes a night.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018

People who are young are into the anti-Ceci memes. Older people saw him play here and love him because they liked Doughty.

Im old, and saw him play here.

He is a shitty top 4 man. Maybe serviceable on the 3rd pairing.

A luxury #5. You're funny!

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Like I said, it was an off the cuff comment, so lots of room for misinterpretation.

I’m not sure if he has glasses/contacts/laser eye already, but it sounds like he has been told to get it addressed/updated, same with the helmet piece. Possibly exit interview?

You can “fake it” through generic eye tests. But prescriptions etc can change more rapidly than people realize.

I think that is part of what Poulin might have been alluding too in the summit yesterday.
No they don't. Prescriptions stabilize for the vast majority of people when you enter your 20s. It's very uncommon for a prescription to suddenly get worse without some underlying issue.

If he already wears glasses/contacts, he gets a full eye exam every 1-2 years, depending on the severity of his prescription. If he has other conditions affecting his vision, he would be seeing optometrists on the regular, would potentially be getting treatments and it would be something easily found in his medical records.

I obviously don't know what you were told specifically but this is really a detail that doesn't stand with merit.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

If those who watched Ceci and loved him because they liked Doughty then I want the number of the dealer they go to.

Reactions: Relapsing

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

That is so wrong lmao, I would say they hate him more, as they watched him play.

As a season ticket holder who watched every game he played, I’m confident saying he’s not coming back. He probably would be booed before he played.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
No they don't. Prescriptions stabilize for the vast majority of people when you enter your 20s. It's very uncommon for a prescription to suddenly get worse without some underlying issue.

If he already wears glasses/contacts, he gets a full eye exam every 1-2 years, depending on the severity of his prescription. If he has other conditions affecting his vision, he would be seeing optometrists on the regular, would potentially be getting treatments and it would be something easily found in his medical records.

I obviously don't know what you were told specifically but this is really a detail that doesn't stand with merit.
My wife’s changed significantly in back to back appointments (less than 2 years apart) in her 30s.

What I meant was that because typically you are booking appointments 2 years apart, things can change more dramatically than someone realizes between those appointments.

Besides, I said I have no idea if has glasses/contacts/laser eye etc. I’m simply passing along what I was told.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
My wife’s changed significantly in back to back appointments (less than 2 years apart) in her 30s.

What I meant was that because typically you are booking appointments 2 years apart, things can change more dramatically than someone realizes between those appointments.

Besides, I said I have no idea if has glasses/contacts/laser eye etc. I’m simply passing along what I was told.
Don't stop passing info along benjiv! Some posters just can't...see...the value you bring to the conversation 😉

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Come the 7th pick, Ottawa is going to ask Calgary for 9+Markstrom+taking Korpisalo's contract. Conroy is going to understandably scoff at that ask and hang up, calling our bluff because he has intel that the fake Twitter rumors about Iginla being our guy are fake.

Then we're going to send Alfredsson up to the podium, and he will select Iginla, even know Iginla wasn't our #1 guy left on the board. (He'd still be in the same tier as whoever we had on the board.)

Then Calgary's ownership is going to start blowing up Conroy's phone, furious that he could have had Iginla for a Korpisalo/Markstrom swap.

So Conroy is going to call back Staios to offer him 9th+Markstrom for Iginla+Korpisalo, but Staios will reject it because we lived in a different world 5 minutes ago. He's going to ask for 9th+Markstrom+Dryden Hunt, and Conroy will be forced to accept.

Then at 9th overall we will select the next Erik Karlsson, Zayne Parekh, and the camera will zoom out to reveal that Alfredsson had "always Zayne Parekh" written on a piece of paper.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
How does the group feel about Alexandre Carrier as a Top-4 RD target? Something in the 3yr, $4.5 million range? Projections I have seen (AFPAnalytics) have him at 3 years, just under $4 million.

Not sure I like him with Chabot, but maybe Sanderson - Carrier and Chabot - Zub pairings could work?

I'd also like Staios to pry Darren Raddysh away from TB to play bottom pairing with Kleven. JBD + ??? going back?

At forward I like Kiefer Sherwood out of Nashville for a 3rd line role. 2-3 years at $2.5M? Joseph - Greig - Sherwood is a banger line that could cause some fits.

Reactions: Tremblay31

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Come the 7th pick, Ottawa is going to ask Calgary for 9+Markstrom+taking Korpisalo's contract. Conroy is going to understandably scoff at that ask and hang up, calling our bluff because he has intel that the fake Twitter rumors about Iginla being our guy are fake.

Then we're going to send Alfredsson up to the podium, and he will select Iginla, even know Iginla wasn't our #1 guy left on the board. (He'd still be in the same tier as whoever we had on the board.)

Then Calgary's ownership is going to start blowing up Conroy's phone, furious that he could have had Iginla for a Korpisalo/Markstrom swap.

So Conroy is going to call back Staios to offer him 9th+Markstrom for Iginla+Korpisalo, but Staios will reject it because we lived in a different world 5 minutes ago. He's going to ask for 9th+Markstrom+Dryden Hunt, and Conroy will be forced to accept.

Then at 9th overall we will select the next Erik Karlsson, Zayne Parekh, and the camera will zoom out to reveal that Alfredsson had "always Zayne Parekh" written on a piece of paper.

"mmmm . . . nahhh" - Markstrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad