2024-25 Roster…too soon?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
Going to be plenty of pieces to help offload a bad contract if needed in a few years
intentionally going out of your way to pick up bad contracts to bolster at best a bottom ten club because once the team is better you can give away pieces of the better squad and futures to get rid of the bad contracts is genius.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I'm really expecting a, Taylor Hall is technically our addition to help Bedard offseason and many here being mad based on some expectations

Reactions: statswatcher

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
I'm really expecting a, Taylor Hall is technically our addition to help Bedard offseason and many here being mad based on some expectations
“hf hawks will be mad about something they have no control over and limited insight into” is a prediction on the level of “the sun will rise tomorrow.”

Reactions: Pez68

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Scenario #1 = Trade away a 1st + 2nd for Necas + have to sign Necas to big long-term extension likely 8M+

Scenario #2 = Sign TT in FA

I will take scenario #2 every time!

Get better player in TT at likely cheaper cost or at very least less term while keeping picks = Win!
Necas is younger and would still be here in 4-5 years when they should be a PO team looking to win.

Necas is a 25 year old 55 pts/82 games player already. He might get 1st line minutes here and PP1 Time. What's more likely, TT being better over this 5-7 years or Necas improving with as 25 year old player entering his prime. At worst he IS a 55 Pt player.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Necas is younger and would still be here in 4-5 years when they should be a PO team looking to win.

Necas is a 25 year old 55 pts/82 games player already. He might get 1st line minutes here and PP1 Time. What's more likely, TT being better over this 5-7 years or Necas improving with as 25 year old player entering his prime. At worst he IS a 55 Pt player.
Teuvo costs money only and much better defensively.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Teuvo costs money only and much better defensively.
Others will look at Teuvo as UFA, who says he has interest in a rebuilding team?

I'd like to sign Teuvo, but that wouldn't change my view on trading for Necas and signing him.
Depends on the asking price, but if he can be had to eat half of Saad, a late 1st and a late 2nd I'm gladly paying that.

With 800 Picks in that short time, some of them will be trade assets. You can't fit all those young players on the team and in Rockford.
Bedard needs help, Hawks need to get better and win more games. They will still be a Team that gets a Top 10 pick... Adding 25 year old proven 55 Point scorers will help to take the next step and be still be a piece you have in 4-5 years.

Reactions: ClydeLee

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Im fine with Tuevo too. What is his contract? Can we beat out 31 other teams? Is he willing to come back to a team that traded him. Hes going to be 30 so we will get him from 30-35? IMO a worse player than Necas from 25-32.

People are seriously underestimating how good of a player Necas is. Hes immediately the second/third best player on the team at 25 years old. I dont understand why people say overpay. Thats just what he costs. We are so far from cap problems its insane. We would be lucky to be in cap problems again. That means Korchinski Nazar ++++ all work out.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Im fine with Tuevo too. What is his contract? Can we beat out 31 other teams? Is he willing to come back to a team that traded him. Hes going to be 30 so we will get him from 30-35? IMO a worse player than Necas from 25-32.

People are seriously underestimating how good of a player Necas is. Hes immediately the second/third best player on the team at 25 years old. I dont understand why people say overpay. Thats just what he costs. We are so far from cap problems its insane. We would be lucky to be in cap problems again. That means Korchinski Nazar ++++ all work out.
Will cost less, and probably quite a bit less. And has produced way more than Necas has at the NHL level. And is the much better player defensively.

Teuvo is around a .7ppg player over his career, a .75ppg player in Carolina, and as of now, probably gives you 50-65 points each season. In what world is a better overall player... a worse player than Necas?

As far as being "lucky" to be in cap problems again... no, you really don't want to be in cap hell if you don't have to be.

People say overpay because he's going to get overpaid. It's not "just what he costs". Go look at the players who make around 8m or more per season. They're a different class of player. They generally provide you with 65-85+ points per season. You want to tell me that he belongs in that class of player, salary-wise? :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Giovi

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I mean realistically what is the goal for next season? To finish with 70 points instead of 52? That would still put us at picking 5th in the 2025 draft and a an 8.5% chance at snagging Hagens.

With that in mind, we are probably best served in the bargain bin for free agents and trading for players who aren't playing up to their contracts.

Maybe 1 shiny acquisition to get Bedard another winger plus some middle 6 forwards in free agents is the best we are going to get, IMO.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Necas is so good, one of the best coaches in the league doesn't want him on PP1, and doesn't want him on his top line. And this is a team with no elite wingers.

He is one of the worst forwards on his team in +/-, xGF%, HDCF%, while getting some of the most offensive zone starts (60%).
But speedy boy goes vroom!

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Will cost less, and probably quite a bit less. And has produced way more than Necas has at the NHL level. And is the much better player defensively.

Teuvo is around a .7ppg player over his career, a .75ppg player in Carolina, and as of now, probably gives you 50-65 points each season. In what world is a better overall player... a worse player than Necas?

As far as being "lucky" to be in cap problems again... no, you really don't want to be in cap hell if you don't have to be.

People say overpay because he's going to get overpaid. It's not "just what he costs". Go look at the players who make around 8m or more per season. They're a different class of player. They generally provide you with 65-85+ points per season. You want to tell me that he belongs in that class of player, salary-wise? :laugh:
Did you miss where I said I like Teuvo? At the right term great. I dont think you can bank on him coming at the right term.

Why do you continually say stuff like 8mil and 40point player? Does that click that you are exaggerating everything because your points your making arnt good enough on their own?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Did you miss where I said I like Teuvo? At the right term great. I dont think you can bank on him coming at the right term.

Why do you continually say stuff like 8mil and 40point player? Does that click that you are exaggerating everything because your points your making arnt good enough on their own?
I never said 40 point player. I said he looks like he'll be a 40-50 point player most his career. Maybe 55. He averages 50.5 points per season over the course of his career, and that's propped up by a single season out of 5 where he overperformed on a really good team. I think he likely gets 7.5-8m/season from a dumb team. He's not worth that. I'd be fine with Necas if it didn't cost a 1st, 2nd, and like 7-8m per season for him(your proposal). For his production, you can sign a player in free agency to provide similar production, and it won't cost you any draft capital to do it, and you can probably get them in for around 5-6m. Necas is a 5m/season player that will get overpaid by 2-3m by some dumb GM. I'd prefer that not be the Hawks GM.

And no, I didn't miss where you said you like Teuvo, but you called him a "worse player" than Necas, and that's just not accurate in any way.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I never said 40 point player. I said he looks like he'll be a 40-50 point player most his career. Maybe 55. He averages 50.5 points per season over the course of his career, and that's propped up by a single season out of 5 where he overperformed on a really good team. I think he likely gets 7.5-8m/season from a dumb team. He's not worth that. I'd be fine with Necas if it didn't cost a 1st, 2nd, and like 7-8m per season for him(your proposal). For his production, you can sign a player in free agency to provide similar production, and it won't cost you any draft capital to do it, and you can probably get them in for around 5-6m. Necas is a 5m/season player that will get overpaid by 2-3m by some dumb GM. I'd prefer that not be the Hawks GM.
Sure man. Martin Necas is a 40 point player that should make 5 million.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Sure man. Martin Necas is a 40 point player that should make 5 million.
:laugh:

Again, I never said he's a 40 point player. And yes, he should probably make around 5-6m per season. Not 7.5m+. :laugh:

This is what you resort to in every argument. When someone makes you look like a f***ing moron, you try to twist their words around. It's why I generally keep you on ignore. You regularly argue in bad faith.

You still haven't answered questions I've asked you yesterday. You've just flat-out ignored them. Then you make claims that I've said things I didn't say. So on that note, I'm done with this nonsensical bullshit.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
:laugh:

Again, I never said he's a 40 point player. And yes, he should probably make around 5-6m per season. Not 7.5m+. :laugh:

This is what you resort to in every argument. When someone makes you look like a f***ing moron, you try to twist their words around. It's why I generally keep you on ignore. You regularly argue in bad faith.

You still haven't answered questions I've asked you yesterday. You've just flat-out ignored them. Then you make claims that I've said things I didn't say. So on that note, I'm done with this nonsensical bullshit.
"said he looks like he'll be a 40-50 point player most his career."

"Necas is a 5m/season player"

I dont know what your questions were. You can ask again.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Necas is so good, one of the best coaches in the league doesn't want him on PP1, and doesn't want him on his top line. And this is a team with no elite wingers.

He is one of the worst forwards on his team in +/-, xGF%, HDCF%, while getting some of the most offensive zone starts (60%).
Hes playing behind Svechnikov and Jarvis. They are both very good. Hes also had more goals and points then anyone but Aho the last two years. I mean you can go ask Carolina fans. Hes a good player that they would prefer to keep but he wants out for more of an opportunity. He played on the PP2 behind Guentzel Aho Svech Jarvis and Skjei

9 points in 11 games in the playoffs.

I understand you dont think hes good. I think hes good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad