Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Lot of people commented that waiting till the offseason and not doing anything at the deadline would lead to a lot of heavy lifting having to be done now

Chychrun should have been dealt at the deadline. its not looking good imo
If any team wanted or offered anything of value for him he’d have been moved. It’s not like the Sens haven’t been looking to get rid of him for ages.

Reactions: LiseL and aragorn

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I wonder if we will trade joseph and pinto and get a big physical forward that can play in the top 6 to protect our skilled forwards and support them

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Lot of people commented that waiting till the offseason and not doing anything at the deadline would lead to a lot of heavy lifting having to be done now

Chychrun should have been dealt at the deadline. its not looking good imo

It took Arizona almost two years to trade Chychrun, and our dumbass former unemployed GM was the only one who made an offer.

If there was a better offer from a team other than Washington, do you think they purposely rejected it to take Washington's offer? This dude has been on the market for almost 3 years, and these were the best offers for him. The market has dictated what his worth is.

Reactions: LiseL
Oct 10, 2010
Lomberg to CGY and VD to VAN.

This is team looks soft all throughout the lineup.

Brady once again is going to have to be the enforcer at this point.

MacGwen is a joke - A drunk homeless man could beat him up.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Duuuuude, this is low key the most doom and gloom post I have read today.

Our entire core is under 25 years old, we aren’t entering a rebuild anytime soon. Becoming a bubble team this season, and even making the dance is the next step in the evolution of this young team becoming a long time playoff team.

The movable parts around the core will change, and we will be adding guys to that in Kleven, Ostapchuk, Yak, and undoubtably a surprise or two.

This team is on a rise, there playoff window is just on the cusp of opening! There will be no rebuild or retool on Ottawa for many years barring all of our guys suddenly demanding trades out. We have our core, they are hungry to compete, it’s go time.

Only stutzle, Sanderson, pinto, and Greig are under 25 when the season starts and could be considered part of our core.

Tkachuk, batherson, Giroux, Norris, Chabot, zub, ullmark etc will all be 25 or older.

This team is pretty much in their prime.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Lomberg to CGY and VD to VAN.

This is team looks soft all throughout the lineup.

Brady once again is going to have to be the enforcer at this point.

MacGwen is a joke - A drunk homeless man could beat him up.
Yeah, I'm feeling fairly neutral about a lot of the moves. I think we're upgraded compared to last season overall with the depth looking better, but we're not tougher which is a glaring weakness, we're arguably weaker.

We're very soft throughout except Brady.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
they got a LOT better. We traded chychrun for Jensen (34) for two years at 4mil in comparison.

Terrible first go for staios. I don’t even hate the players we brought in but too many missed opportunities and poor asset management.
What are the missed opportunities?

What assets did we burn ?

he doesnt have a clause
So you want to acquire a player who doesn’t want to play here and may not report ?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I see no argument they didn't get better if we're including the Ullmark deal.
goaltending is def better. I don't think removing Branny and Chych for Jensen moves the needle and to me makes things worse

Upfront I don't mind Perron he is a bit greasy. The sens aren't tougher imo

If we add a bottom pairing RD I can get on board with the defense atleast

Last edited:

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I don't mind the moves made today. Don't love them, don't hate them. I still think we need to get heavier up front, but maybe they're done yet (or maybe they think Ostapchuk and Boucher are ready to make the jump or something).

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
goaltending is def better. I don't think removing Branny and Chych for Jensen moves the needle and to me makes things worse

Upfront I don't mind Perron he is a bit greasy. The sens aren't tougher imo
I think goaltending is largely why I feel so good about it and moving from a league worst starter to a guy like Ullmark is massive. More than simply the on ice performance.

I do think Jensen is an upgrade on Chychrun and don't care about Brannstrom, JBD is my preffered option out of those 2, but fair to feel otherwise.

Perron is greasy and I like it for this team. I don't know if they go tougher either, but they did increase their vet presence which can be a part of that. They don't bruise guys with big bouts but they know when to get involved. I also like him as a potential calming presence on the PP.

PK should be better with Jensen and Gregor being targeted for that, plus the Ullmark addition.

I like that we're not running back the D or bottom 6 in general. I feel like the guys brought in should be harder to play against than the guys they are being subbed in for. With a core locked up and cap close to tapped out, it's tough to make much change and I think this is a decent strategy.

I also bet they're not completely done. I see 1 more body coming in in some fashion, but who knows.

And again... Ullmark instead of Korpisalo.

Reactions: LiseL and PlayOn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad