Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Replace Joseph with crookshank. Have to trade Joseph for a pic

Crookshank won’t be making the team over Ostapchuk in my opinion. Kleven and Ostapchuk make the jump this year in my opinion, Joseph gets traded, and pinto gets the show me bridge.

Pinto really should show his worth on a short bridge now that he’s healthy and not gambling, and then we can go long term.

That’s the plan in my opinion. We may upgrade on JBD on the 3rd pairing of possible

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
IMG_3597.jpeg

Replace Kelly with Ostapchuk or whomever you so please

They got the 3 dmen they need I guess, but they are likely to have some injury issues back there. All 3 guys brought in today are older and have had some injury history for sure.
Tanev is a great signing and Hakanpaa has some upside (some risk, too) but I dont love the changes theyve made. I think this will be another plateau year for them and next year will be the offseason to really re-tool.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Tanev is a great signing and Hakanpaa has some upside (some risk, too) but I dont love the changes theyve made. I think this will be another plateau year for them and next year will be the offseason to really re-tool.
I agree. They did about as well as they could under the conditions and all of these guys can play, but it's more of a band-aid to me and comes with injury concerns. Guess we'll see, I'm sure they'll be a playoff team either way.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
With the short term guys we have on the team right now: Jensen, Perron, Giroux, Ullmark, I imagine the plan is to hope to be a bubble team this year and the next, maybe make a Cinderella type run, and if that fails get some assets at the deadline(s) and eventually go for a rebuild in about two years.

I think it's even more urgent that we play meaningful hockey in this tiny 2-yr window, because we might as well be in our next rebuild phase when up-and-coming teams like Montreal will be dominating.
Duuuuude, this is low key the most doom and gloom post I have read today.

Our entire core is under 25 years old, we aren’t entering a rebuild anytime soon. Becoming a bubble team this season, and even making the dance is the next step in the evolution of this young team becoming a long time playoff team.

The movable parts around the core will change, and we will be adding guys to that in Kleven, Ostapchuk, Yak, and undoubtably a surprise or two.

This team is on a rise, there playoff window is just on the cusp of opening! There will be no rebuild or retool on Ottawa for many years barring all of our guys suddenly demanding trades out. We have our core, they are hungry to compete, it’s go time.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
According to AFP projections:

Perron was projected at 2yrs x 2.95ish
Amadio was projected at 3yrs x 3.2ish
Gregor was projected at 1yr x 1.35ish

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Sens need some toughness for Belleville with Boko Imama signing with the Penguins. The Sens should sign Brett Murray, Nick Ritchie and Brett Ritchie to 2 way contracts. They can all fight and play and could be useful call up depth for Ottawa.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
View attachment 890890

I have terrible news SENStastic he hasn’t in fact asked for a trade lol
Now you were saying something about your commitment so realism…
Why on earth would that be terrible news? Hoping there is no bad blood between the two sides but its still looking contentious. I'd breath easy once he's officially signed, I'm cautiously optimistic as of this update but there's smoke there for a reason. But that has no bearing regarding all the other roster issues discussed, it's still underwhelming and filled with temporary plugs.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
According to AFP projections:

Perron was projected at 2yrs x 2.95ish
Amadio was projected at 3yrs x 3.2ish
Gregor was projected at 1yr x 1.35ish

We probably willingly overpaid Perron.

Staios commented last TDL on how difficult it is to acquire good veterans. We are not a top free agent destination. Perron likely had multiple suitors.

I would guess we got him because we went 2 years with a strong AAV.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Lot of people commented that waiting till the offseason and not doing anything at the deadline would lead to a lot of heavy lifting having to be done now

Chychrun should have been dealt at the deadline. its not looking good imo

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
View attachment 890896
Replace Kelly with Ostapchuk or whomever you so please

Joseph will be moved to get rid of his $ . We'll see who they plug in there for less .
That Perron signing for 4m feels alot like the Tarasenko signing last year leaving us a little short to sign Pinto.

They like Pinto. They must see his value as a 2/3 C particularly with Norris being uncertain.. despite being on track which we heard all last off season.
3 things for me.
- A little too much money for Perron ; its done now
- not buying out Hamonic to give us some flexibility to upgrade at 3 RD
- Finding a winger to replace Joseph at a lower price

Liking Gregor over Kelly is one thing but we are still short a good 4th liner which is absolutely attainable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad