Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
So what does that mean for Korpisalo lol.
I think they’ll try to get him going this year so they can flip him next summer. I think even a best case scenario will involve retention, but even if you retain 1.5 mil for the three years, it’s better than having him on your cap for 6 more.

Korpi at 2.5 for 3 years could have some appeal, assuming he plays well this season. If he doesn’t, they’ll probably buy him out.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Chychrun + 25OA is too much for Ullmark alone. 5 x 7M is too much to pay Ullmark.

But I’d be fine with

Chychrun + 25OA + Forsberg for Ullmark + bottom 6 vet. 5 x 6M for an extension.
If it has to include 25 oa then so be it.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Getting an extended Ullmark for Chychrun while keeping #7 would be awesome.

Chychrun just didn’t fit here, unfortunately. But it’s much better to turn him into a goaltending solution than a late 1st + middling prospect, which is probably what you’d get from a team like Chicago or Dallas.

I also like the prospect of getting Lauko in a trade. He’s got the potential to turn into a Joshua Dakota like player.

Reactions: Crosside

SenatorsLegionary

Member of Sens Army
Oct 25, 2008
Montreal, Qc
Chychrun + 25OA is too much for Ullmark alone. 5 x 7M is too much to pay Ullmark.

But I’d be fine with

Chychrun + 25OA + Forsberg for Ullmark + bottom 6 vet. 5 x 6M for an extension.

I agree with this, both Chychrun and 25OA is too much to offer for Ullmark without more value coming back to the Sens.

I'd be comfortable with Chychrun + 25OA + Forsberg for Ullmark + Frederic, which happens to be pretty cap neutral for both sides. The Bruins cut it close with signing Frederic last offseason just before his arbitration date, so he may be available heading into his last year before UFA if Boston feels like they won't be able to afford an extension.

I also think 4-5 years at $6.0-6.5M is ideal for an Ullmark extension, but I think I could stomach a $7M AAV if it came to that.

Reactions: LiseL and DrEasy

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Chychrun+25th is what the Bruins asked at the deadline. Nobody ever gets what they asked for, unless they’re sending us something better back (not a 4th line grinder). Peeke would be nice.

Reactions: NB613

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Absolutely, my opinion of him is extremely, extremely low, I’d give Chychrun away for a 2nd and the cap space if it came to it
That's not the opinion held around the league. I think he's a very poor fit for Ottawa but he's a dman with size that can shoot the puck better than most and has very good offensive abilities, on a team friendly contract and he just played 82 games (setting all time highs in each statistical category).

I don't think that highly of Chychrun, but a ton of good teams eyes will light up if they can bring him in to be their #3 guy that can really help out the PP.

I honestly doubt that it's going to take Chychrun and the 25th pick to land Ullmark. If Chychrun is involved in that, then it will be more than Ullmark coming back.

Oct 10, 2010
I think 25 + Chychrun is a crazy price.

Either with a 2nd or equivalent should be sufficient to complete a trade.

We need to stop getting bent over in trades.
Yep it’s an overpay and kinda expect since it’s a division rival

I’m hoping we can get away without giving up #25

Reactions: h2

R2010

May 23, 2011
I wonder how much it'd cost to get Andersen out of Carolina considering the goalie logjam. There's lots of things to be concerned about with him but when healthy he tends to do well.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
That's not the opinion held around the league. I think he's a very poor fit for Ottawa but he's a dman with size that can shoot the puck better than most and has very good offensive abilities, on a team friendly contract and he just played 82 games (setting all time highs in each statistical category).

I don't think that highly of Chychrun, but a ton of good teams eyes will light up if they can bring him in to be their #3 guy that can really help out the PP.

I honestly doubt that it's going to take Chychrun and the 25th pick to land Ullmark. If Chychrun is involved in that, then it will be more than Ullmark coming back.
GMs know he played his wrong side almost all year too

Reactions: Erik Alfredsson

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I wonder how much it'd cost to get Andersen out of Carolina considering the goalie logjam. There's lots of things to be concerned about with him but when healthy he tends to do well.

Yes! These are the options we need to keep open. I'm sure Carolina could use an extra 3.4Mil in cap space too. Would cost far less then Ullmark in assets too I would assume.

Let's not put all our eggs in the Ullmark trade basket here.

I also wonder about Hill/Thompson in VGK. Both UFAs next year could be a good opportunity for us to get one of them too

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
O the Bruins board there is a poll about what will/should happen with Ullmark, the DomincT board insider voted he will be traded before free agency and the return will be “very good”.

I don’t know what this means if it’s us. Lots of comments in the thread about getting Pinto, I don’t know where that rumour started or just wishful thinking, obviously that’s not happening.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Absolutely agree that you can have prime Hasek in net but if we don't fix our dzone play and upgrade our dmen, we aren't going anywhere.

We need a top 4Rd and a big shutdown Dman to replace branny's spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad