Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
the Ulmark trade feels like the Murray trade in that everyone knows it going to happen it’s just a matter of the trade cost. Dorion. Waited until the 2nd day of the draft and didn’t give up his late 1st that Pitt wanted - horrible trade in every sense but Ulmark to Ottawa had the same vibes

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
So with everything we’ve heard so far the deal potentially looks like this?

Ott: Ullmark, Peake, Lauko

Bos: Chychrun, 25,

We love him and see him as a perfect #2 C. Right now he’s not expendable with Norris always hurt. Unless Pintos contract demands are outrageous he’s not going anywhere.
Never heard Peeke name involved. Just Aragone wish he s included

Reactions: xVolchenkov

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Smart player, very effective two way play, and is only just starting to put together that he's also a big f***er.

I think most fans realize he's a key piece of what we are trying to build.
Thank you for the info...........now I can be a a-hole and say he belongs in Boston.....haha

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

We love him and see him as a perfect #2 C. Right now he’s not expendable with Norris always hurt. Unless Pintos contract demands are outrageous he’s not going anywhere.

I haven't seen anything beyond speculation from fans to suggest Chychrun + 25 as the return or Peake being involved. Those just seem like guesses.

Lauko was a name that came from Dominic Tiano, who's posting on the Bruins board.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Never heard Peeke name involved. Just Aragone wish he s included
Bruins should not include Peake, that is a little too much, I love Lauko, don't look at his stats, great on the fore check, loves to hit, speed, not happy the way Monty handled him, but Sens fans would love him, got his face carved up with a skate and was out awhile but he could not wait to get back in the lineup.

Reactions: LiseL and Crosside

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Hopefully. Lauko is just what we need. A 10 pt average size 3rd liner
Peeke might be good might not be.
Go for it!!!!!

;)

I guess if that’s the deal it’s fine.
Might rather keep the first and pick Emery or elick instead of lauko and peeke

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The Boston insider said that Chychrun has been informed he is becoming a Bruin, though he hasn’t confirmed.

That’s great in my eyes, means the Sens aren’t sending away their top pick.

Chych is worth ~ a late first, so as long as it’s not too much more than Chych + 25th it isn’t “too” bad of a price to pay.

Adding Ullmark + likely a bottom 6 plug, a RD through UFA, and still picking 7th/12th is about as good as a summer as they could have, and sending away Chych and 25th is not a very big detriment to the team

I really like a guy or two at 7, but if they can move back to 12 and pick up a few pieces I think I’d be quite happy with those chain of events

I was much, much more worried about finding a goalie than any other piece. I really think solving the D issues is a much easier fix than we think; we don’t need a star, we need a guy capable of playing ~19 minutes a night of dependable defence on the right side.

My opinion on Chychrun is extremely low, so my valuation is definitely influenced by that. Would not want him on a team that was looking to win. I don’t consider trading him a subtraction from the team at all, he is an addiction by subtraction with respect to building a cohesive D core for the Sens.

Last edited:

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
The Boston insider said that Chychrun has been informed he is becoming a Bruin.

Chych is worth ~ a late first, so as long as it’s not too much more than Chych + 25th it isn’t “too” bad of a price to pay.

Adding Ullmark a likely a bottom 6 plug, a RD through UFA, and still picking 7th/12th is about as good as a summer as they could have, and sending away Chych and 25th is not a very big detriment to the team

He does say unconfirmed, but definitely interesting! Will be refreshing all day haha.

This has been dragging on, I hope it gets locked in before it has the chance to fall apart.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
The Boston insider said that Chychrun has been informed he is becoming a Bruin, though he hasn’t confirmed.

Adding Ullmark + likely a bottom 6 plug, a RD through UFA, and still picking 7th/12th is about as good as a summer as they could have, and sending away Chych and 25th is not a very big detriment to the team

I really like a guy or two at 7, but if they can move back to 12 and pick up a few pieces I think I’d be quite happy with those chain of events

I was much, much more worried about finding a goalie than any other piece. I really think solving the D issues is a much easier fix than we think; we don’t need a star, we need a guy capable of playing ~19 minutes a night of dependable defence on the right side.

My opinion on Chychrun is extremely low, so my valuation is definitely influenced by that. Would not want him on a team that was looking to win. I don’t consider trading him a subtraction from the team at all, he is an addiction by subtraction with respect to building a cohesive D core for the Sens.
This post deserve 1 triple thumbs up
:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Reactions: Boud

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021

I think what we’ve heard at least when it comes to the details and the precise determination of which players are involved is mostly speculation. Boston and Ottawa are working on moving Ullmark to Ottawa. Waiting for the dust to settle seems like it would save a lot of misspent energy.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

If Ullmark and Chychrun are both signing extensions, I don't see why we'd have to include 25OA.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Where did we hear Peeke?

I can't see us adding 8.5 mil or whatever it is without sending at least Forsberg the other way. Doesn't seem feasible especially if we want to add a UFA RHD.

Reactions: Cosmix

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If Ullmark and Chychrun are both signing extensions, I don't see why we'd have to include 25OA.
I’d think an extended Ullmark would cost ~ 2 late firsts. More than Markstrom received by a decent amount.

I don’t think Chychrun is worth much more than a late 1st even extended. A 1 for 1 swap I’d think we’d owe a decent amount.

Will be unbelievably happy if it was just Chychrun going.

Reactions: Crosside

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I haven't seen anything beyond speculation from fans to suggest Chychrun + 25 as the return or Peake being involved. Those just seem like guesses.

Lauko was a name that came from Dominic Tiano, who's posting on the Bruins board.
It seems to be a mix of wishful thinking, opinions and proposals rather than insider information.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I’d think an extended Ullmark would cost ~ 2 late firsts. More than Markstrom received by a decent amount.

I don’t think Chychrun is worth much more than a late 1st even extended. A 1 for 1 swap I’d think we’d owe a decent amount.

I think people around here are undervaluing an extended Chychrun.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

I'd rather give Boston their pick back and flip Chychrun to a Western conference team.
Any time a decent player is being traded, its best practice to move them to the opposite conference. Would hate to see Chychrun score goals and win games for a divisional rival.

Reactions: Blotto71 and Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad