GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
ROR had 1 more point than Jeff Carter last season on a MUCH more high octane team.

I would have vomited at that deal if he came here. Dude skates in concrete too. 4 years by 4.5? Must really be banking on a cap increase.

Reactions: Pens x

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Or he’s trying to trade for a goalie? Considering none of the ones available have been moved yet
Well does Boston need to move Ullmark or Swayman anymore? Helle doesn’t need to be moved now either if the Jets don’t get their price and he’s likely not moving…not many other options apparently available vis trade

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Rossi just posted this on The Athletic live blog:

The latest with the Penguins, Erik Karlsson and Noah Hanifin​

While Kyle Dubas has inquired with the Sharks about defenseman Erik Karlsson, the belief in Pittsburgh is that Hurricanes and Kraken are far more likely to land him via a trade. Dubas was doing due diligence, but the deal would be very complicated to do on the Penguins' terms.
Penguins are monitoring, though.
They also remain interested in Noah Hanifin, whom they targeted as a potential top-four addition on defense. The Penguins are one of many clubs that have checked in with the Flames about Hanifin, and the feeling in Pittsburgh is there are not enough assets to make a deal work — even if Hanifin would be interested in signing an extension in Pittsburgh, as he is.
So, to summarize, Dubas is thinking big with regard to potentially changing up the Penguins' defense corps. But with limited assets other than cap space, deals are viewed within the organization as unlikely unless something breaks in the Penguins' favor.
Dubas encouraged his scouts to take big swings at NHL Draft. He appears to have taken some with personnel moves. But it's contact, not swings, that make for hits

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
ROR had 1 more point than Jeff Carter last season on a MUCH more high octane team.

I would have vomited at that deal if he came here. Dude skates in concrete too. 4 years by 4.5? Must really be banking on a cap increase.
They’re gonna try to trap their way into the playoffs. Tortz vibes, nothing much they can do tbh.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think the team failing to provide the real talent to surround guys like Carter/Granlund is the issue.

They make a move and full on stop and not complete the transformation.

I mean the issue is even having those two still on the books. You get an easy out with Granlund on a buyout and you don’t take it. Hard to trust management if they think Granlund can be anything but a floater on a team that barely makes the playoffs.

If that’s the approach package Jake for something.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Canucks, Preds, Devils, Pens, Panthers looking at JT Compher
Compher has plenty of fans out there...great two way guy...
Source: Eklund
Discuss this Rumor

Interview: A Chat with SG Lewis | WICKEDD CHILDD

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I mean the issue is even having those two still on the books. You get an easy out with Granlund on a buyout and you don’t take it. Hard to trust management if they think Granlund can be anything but a floater on a team that barely makes the playoffs.

If that’s the approach package Jake for something.
Hopefully they trade him to Arizona to rekindle the Minny connection with Zuck. Who signed exactly the kind of deal with exactly the kind of team I expected. Our local sports guys repeatedly saying Zucker would sign some long term deal with a similar cap hit to what he had were smoking the good stuff.

Reactions: Gurglesons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad