GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
No. You're confusing what you're saying. The San Jose Sharks are one of the worst teams in the league. It's quite obvious that that's the only parallel there is to take from using them as a comparison, as there are PLENTY of teams in contract purgatory. To be compared to SJS is to literally be the worst of the worst.

Plus, you're calling him the worst GM on a day when he signed two 1-year deals. So what long term contracts has he locked us into today? Unless you're just repeating the same complaints from a year ago for no reason.

Have faith in Kyle Dubas, Iced Capp. Good luck with that brother.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It was never going to be smooth but I thought the reason why it wouldn’t be would be because the core three hit Father Time and we’re all just awkwardly waiting it out till the end.

Same.

Also people are begging for something I don't know that they truly understand. Even billion year old Crosby/Malkin/Letang are far better and more entertaining than anything we are likely to see for a long, long time.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Who cares if Jarry, Graves and Rust are making a buncha money on a bottom feeder? What does it matter? The future cap picture doesn't matter until like 2032. :laugh: At worst, it barely effects their ability to make Hayes-type deals where they get assets for bad players. With the cap probably jumping another $5M next summer, I'm not sure it'll matter at all.
I care because I don't want to see a f***ing statue of Bryan Rust outside of this arena unless they put one up for Bob Errey as well.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I wonder if you can extort a pick out of Colorado for taking Ross Colton?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Who cares if Jarry, Graves and Rust are making a buncha money on a bottom feeder? What does it matter? The future cap picture doesn't matter until like 2032.:laugh: At worst, it barely effects their ability to make Hayes-type deals where they get assets for bad players. With the cap probably jumping another $5M next summer, I'm not sure it'll matter at all.

Not sure about that tbh. Having cap space is how a lot of team expediate their rebuilds.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
He does but resigning him and starting Shea and JSI in WBS isn't the worst thing. You keep him and Gryz on the roster as trade pieces if a team suddenly needs defensive help.

Because they are the anti-thesis to what Dubas said he wants and we've sign guys who would, in theory, be their replacements.
He does but resigning him and starting Shea and JSI in WBS isn't the worst thing. You keep him and Gryz on the roster as trade pieces if a team suddenly needs defensive help.

Because they are the anti-thesis to what Dubas said he wants and we've sign guys who would, in theory, be their replacements.
So are Kevin Hayes and Matt Grzelcyk and yet they are here. Those players aren’t the anti-thesis of what Mike Sullivan wants… so they will be here

Reactions: Gurglesons

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Have faith in Kyle Dubas, Iced Capp. Good luck with that brother.
Not once have I said anything about Dubas or what Dubas has done. I don't need to. I'm focusing on your meandering, directionless, contradictory, and seemingly amorphous complaining about Kyle Dubas. It's one thing to raise a complaint. It's one thing to be unhappy with the team and the direction. It's another to make 100s of posts in a 24 hour period with hyperbolic, nonsensical, contradictory statements about what the GM has done.

It makes reading these threads impossible because it's just projectile vomit on top of projectile vomit about how every move he makes is literally the dumbest thing a Penguins GM has ever done and it's clear he doesn't know what he's doing, all while using absolutely juvenile "insults" like "kindergarten kyle."

It's like the Dollar General of online takes, but you're spamming it every time the 60 second limit is up. We get it, Kyle Dubas is horrible. You got anything intelligent to add to the happy meal?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Not once have I said anything about Dubas or what Dubas has done. I don't need to. I'm focusing on your meandering, directionless, contradictory, and seemingly amorphous complaining about Kyle Dubas. It's one thing to raise a complaint. It's one thing to be unhappy with the team and the direction. It's another to make 100s of posts in a 24 hour period with hyperbolic, nonsensical, contradictory statements about what the GM has done.

It makes reading these threads in possible because it's just projectile vomit on top of projectile vomit about how every move he makes is literally the dumbest thing a Penguins GM has ever done and it's clear he doesn't know what he's doing, all while using absolutely juvenile "insults" like "kindergarten kyle."

It's like the Dollar General of online takes, but you're spamming it every time the 60 second limit is up. We get it, Kyle Dubas is horrible. You got anything intelligent to add to the happy meal?

There is an ignore button?

Reactions: Nfumass

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Adding Robertson would be interesting. Fit is obviously there with who drafted him. Opportunity is here as well.

Dont think we have assets for Pinto. Basically a 23 year old, 6’2 55 point RH center. Going to cost a lot.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I care because I don't want to see a f***ing statue of Bryan Rust outside of this arena unless they put one up for Bob Errey as well.
I think Rust is absolutely gone by this time next year with his NTC dropping off, the direction the team seems to be headed, and with Rust probably not wanting to circle the drain for the rest of his career. Couldn't care less about the guy though--wanted him dealt before Hextall re-signed him, and I think his production's heavily inflated by being Sully's pet and being given tons of opportunity with special teams time and TOI/centers.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I think Rust is absolutely gone by this time next year with his NTC dropping off, the direction the team seems to be headed, and with Rust probably not wanting to circle the drain for the rest of his career. Couldn't care less about the guy though--wanted him dealt before Hextall re-signed him, and I think his production's heavily inflated by being Sully's pet and being given tons of opportunity with special teams time and TOI/centers.
I f***ing hate that they're gonna hang his number in the rafters after this. :laugh:

• Love
Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I'm the only one being a but afraid of the terms on Lizotte?
Only leak is "multi-year". God damn if Dubas signed an albatross instead of weaponizing the cap space

Reactions: Andy99

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
If they are talking about/planning on re-signing Petts, I have zero reason to believe they will trade Rust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad