Proposal: Fowler for Zuccarello

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
This is a proposal that is more in the fair range but will get shot down by both team's fans.

Fowler would be a good addition for the Rangers, but Zuch is probably the most important "locker room" player on the Rangers since Adam Graves.

He is not just a liked guy by teammates and fans.

He is one of the most beloved players I have seen in decades. He is a major cog in their on-ice system (if he wasn't hurt in playoffs two years ago, they would have most likely beaten Lighting...)

As a fan of another team, you cannot appreciate what he does day in day out.

And as for size, he is like a Fluery out there. Not as over-the-top angry, but very aggressive and sticks up for teammates no matter how big the opponent is.

So, no.

This is one guy that will most likely never be traded...unless the return was just insane.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
1. Huh? That's not even what I meant. He's pure speed as in... most of his goals are on the break i.e. limited skill goals with quite a few being out-numbered attacks. Those videos prove that to be true. Zucc also uses his speed to pad his goal totals with empty netters. Not interested.
2. Agreed.
3. "Starting stuff in the corners" isn't grit.

Fine. We're in agreement then. You don't want Fowler and we don't want Zucc. Pleasure doing business with you.

LOL pad his goal totals? You obviously do not watch Zooks play much. Ranger fans scream often because Zooks literally passes up empty nets because he is too unselfish. Last season with wide open nets he passed to Brassard, Stralman, Nash, and Moore instead of taking the goal himself. I wish Zooks would stop doing that but he is the last guy anyone would ever say pads his goal scoring totals.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I love watching Zuc, and to be clear I was more pointing out what those concerns would be rather than suggesting I had serious concerns myself. Like I said he's good enough to have success in any system, but I still think there would be a big adjustment for more dynamic guys like Zuc or Tatar. The Ducks really don't play with any pace at all, it would take some getting used to.

I understand your point but I think some people have a misimpression of Zook as a MSL type player. Zooks is kind of the opposite. He is a player that gets his nose in the trenches and he wins board battles in the offensive zone as much or more than any Ranger player. He is very good on the boards below the goal line in a grinding cycle.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The way RC plays his team, Zucc would probably have to go get the puck first. Zucc is too small to be effective in board battles. He'd probably end up relegated to some lower line or may just bust complete i.e. Hagelin 2.0.

You are making it clear you have not watched Zooks much. He is one of our best if not the best on the boards behind the net. Hags game is pure speed. Zooks is a totally different kind of player.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'm not sure there's more than a handful of player that looks to pass more than Zucc. We wish he would be more selfish. Padding his goal total is just laughable.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I'm not sure there's more than a handful of player that looks to pass more than Zucc. We wish he would be more selfish. Padding his goal total is just laughable.

And he is not even that fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad