Proposal: Fowler for Zuccarello

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
Top 6 forward for top pairing PMD swap:

:rangers
Cam Fowler, $4m AAV to 2018

:ducks2
Mats Zuccarello, $4.5m AAV to 2019

Rangers should have the need for a somewhat cheap PMD with top pairing qualities to replace Yandle.

Ducks desperately need skilled forwards, and in that case Zuccarello is pretty versatile and can play on both wings and on PP/PK.

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
Isn't he a RW? If Anaheim moves a defender they chase a LW. Also I would think Anaheim asks for more. Nothing against Zuccarello but I don't think this offer gets it done.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
Wouldn't make this deal from an NYR perspective. Zuccarello is a first line winger on a great contract, Fowler is not a top pairing D

Blueshirts 94

DJ ZBad
Jan 26, 2016
New York
Also, Fowler is a lefty, which doesn't help us. We've already got McDonagh, Staal, Skjei, and Holden down the left side, with Graves waiting in the AHL.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Rangers should have the need for a somewhat cheap PMD with top pairing qualities to replace Yandle.

Ducks desperately need skilled forwards, and in that case Zuccarello is pretty versatile and can play on both wings and on PP/PK.

Do not want Fowler. Thanks, no thanks. We get more for Zuc.
Think Sami V.

Isn't he a RW? If Anaheim moves a defender they chase a LW. Also I would think Anaheim asks for more. Nothing against Zuccarello but I don't think this offer gets it done.

Can play either W.
nothing taken the wrong way, but Fowler is grossly overvalued, and Zuc to a lesser extent devalued.

As was said for better part of a year once you guys decided the need was for a W and not a C, Zuc is your man. I was willing to eat part of his reasonable 4.5 for Sami V. Sami V is now comparable $.

something around Zuc for Sami V
would consider expanding to package add Nash, add Theodore and cap dumps

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
Do not want Fowler. Thanks, no thanks. We get more for Zuc.
Think Sami V.

Can play either W.
nothing taken the wrong way, but Fowler is grossly overvalued, and Zuc to a lesser extent devalued.

As was said for better part of a year once you guys decided the need was for a W and not a C, Zuc is your man. I was willing to eat part of his reasonable 4.5 for Sami V. Sami V is now comparable $.

something around Zuc for Sami V
would consider expanding to package add Nash, add Theodore and cap dumps

I think you lose Anaheim with the talk of Vatanen let alone Nash.

Childish Gamsteeno

Jun 24, 2015
Canada
Neutral fan reiterating what's being put above, Zuc>>Fowler. I think NYR would want a decent plus added in there but I don't see Anaheim wanting to add to Fowler to get a winger. Interesting proposal though

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
From a Ducks perspective I would not mind moving Vatanen for Zuccarello as well. But this is probably not to likely as he just signed a new contract.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Pretty sure the Ducks would want a LW and the Rangers a RD. Value isn't bad, but doesn't seem to satisfy needs.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think you lose Anaheim with the talk of Vatanen let alone Nash.

An ample # of Ducks fans went w/Zuc reduced 50% to 2.75 for Vatanen that was his #. I had erroneously thought Zuc had 2 years remaining, turns out it is 3.

Now that the salary is comparable, it suggests straight up is fair value.
willing to be generous and add a REASONABLE sweetener.

Nash is another guy you can use,
Want him, fine, if not, fine.
if ya want him, we want a piece we can use.
Obviously, prospect D is at the top of the list.

mytduxfan*

I'd pass. Not enough goals for me considering we're not exactly bringing him in to be good defensively. Zucc would get mauled in the West Coast.

Wouldn't make this deal from an NYR perspective. Zuccarello is a first line winger on a great contract, Fowler is not a top pairing D

Just because you're in bed before the Ducks play doesn't change the fact that Fowler is a top pairing D-man.

#heisnomcilrath
#shakemyheadatstatwatchers.

An ample # of Ducks fans went w/Zuc reduced 50% to 2.75 for Vatanen that was his #. I had erroneously thought Zuc had 2 years remaining, turns out it is 3.

Now that the salary is comparable, it suggests straight up is fair value.
willing to be generous and add a REASONABLE sweetener.

Nash is another guy you can use,
Want him, fine, if not, fine.
if ya want him, we want a piece we can use.
Obviously, prospect D is at the top of the list.

No one said that. Regardless, it's pretty obvious that the club wants to keep Vatanen. So you can kill that dream.

We want nothing to do with Nash.

It's already been said in this thread that Fowler doesn't fill a need for us. He plays the wrong side, and he's not good enough to justify playing someone out of position.

This is probably going to be a non-starter, but if we could find a way to work Staal into the deal for something else coming from your side, I'd consider it. But, Staal gets so much hate it's going to be dismissed out of hand probably.

Zuccarello $4.5M
Staal $3.25M ($2.45M retained)

for

Fowler $4M
Silfverberg $3.75M

That's cash in, cash out. I really don't think the value is far off, but feel free to tear me apart anyway.

Staal is terrible. We don't need more bottom pairing guys. We don't need more D. We need more wings. Moving out Silf doesn't help that. Terrible all round.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
not tearing that apart, value is ballpark fair w/out quibbling over numbers
but would rather
use the assets surrendered to get a bluer chip in Vats

That is not fair value and it just generally doesn't work. Staal is at best a #5 at this point with a horrible contract, even if retained. And Anaheim has waaay too many defensemen as it is. There's no point in downgrading Fowler to upgrade Silfverberg: they should just trade Fowler for the best forward available and cut the additional crap shown in that proposal. Also, Anaheim would be taking on another NMC contract, which leaves them with one protection slot for defensemen. That basically means that they'll lose Vatanen in the expansion draft.

Zuccarello for Fowler could probably be doable straight up for both sides. Coming from a neutral.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Staal is terrible. We don't need more bottom pairing guys. We don't need more D. We need more wings. Moving out Silf doesn't help that. Terrible all round.

Hah, ok there buddy. Fowler will never be a top pairing dman, and he doesn't fit a need for NYR with the logjam on our left side. If you really want to improve your winger situation without giving up any wings, then it's going to be Mountour ++ for Zuccarello. NYR needs right handed puckmovers. We could even take a dump to balance out the salaries.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
That is not fair value and it just generally doesn't work. Staal is at best a #5 at this point with a horrible contract, even if retained. And Anaheim has waaay too many defensemen as it is. There's no point in downgrading Fowler to upgrade Silfverberg: they should just trade Fowler for the best forward available and cut the additional crap shown in that proposal. Also, Anaheim would be taking on another NMC contract, which leaves them with one protection slot for defensemen. That basically means that they'll lose Vatanen in the expansion draft.

Zuccarello for Fowler could probably be doable straight up for both sides. Coming from a neutral.

You're right that the Ducks wouldn't want Staal. However it's extremely unlikely that they will let Bieksa occupy one of those protection slots either . If he doesn't agree to waive his NMC in order to be left unprotected, you can almost be certain he'll be bought out of the final year of his deal.

mytduxfan*

Hah, ok there buddy. Fowler will never be a top pairing dman, and he doesn't fit a need for NYR with the logjam on our left side. If you really want to improve your winger situation without giving up any wings, then it's going to be Mountour ++ for Zuccarello. NYR needs right handed puckmovers. We could even take a dump to balance out the salaries.

Laugh away. Instead of coming up with terrible proposals, why not just admit that we're not good trade partners... because we're not.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Fowler has been a top pairing Dman for quite some time now, maybe you just don't follow the Ducks? Or are you going to try and tell me he's been carried by the likes of Bieksa and Lovejoy?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Fowler has been a top pairing Dman for quite some time now, maybe you just don't follow the Ducks? Or are you going to try and tell me he's been carried by the likes of Bieksa and Lovejoy?

the stats says Fowler has been carried by Bieksa, so that obviously means it's true. Stats are never wrong! :sarcasm:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Yeah if Duck fans don't want a 5'10 Tomas Tatar I doubt that they're interested in a 5'7 Mats Zuccarello. Talking about being small.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Zuccarello is worth more than Fowler lol anyone who thinks otherwise is insane

Yeah if Duck fans don't want a 5'10 Tomas Tatar I doubt that they're interested in a 5'7 Mats Zuccarello. Talking about being small.

Two things:

1) Teams could give a **** what fans think is right and wrong. They get paid to make the decisions, not the fans sitting on a hockey forum
2) I also doubt that Ducks fans want a 65 point first line winger on their team LOL Yea right

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015

He is small but scores at a top line rate and is a great twoway player, great contract and in his prime. Say what you want about his size, he is good enough to play on every top line in the league because of his twoway game and since he can play both LW and RW. MSL is shorter than Zucc, not saying Zucc is as good as MSL but when size is the only thing you complain about it says alot about how good he is. He is an extremely effective twoway player.

Not really interested in Fowler for 2 reasons, he is LH and he isnt much better than Staal. NYR has Mcdonagh, Staal and Skjei on the left side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad