Value of: Forward Prospects from Toronto for D/G prospects from other teams.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
Toronto has too many forward Prospects and we don't want to end up like Edmonton. What would other teams be willing to give in terms of Defensive and/or goaltending prospects. No JVR or other veterans. Straight up prospect(s) for prospect(s)

Untouchables:
Matthews
Marner
Nylander
Brown
Kapanen (in most scenarios)

Fire away with trades.

Henchmen 21

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I'd rather spend this year experimenting with those guys. I'd rather play around with the lines, find out who actually can find a role in the NHL, build our team around them, and then trade off the spares.
Next offseason the Leafs could potentially be holding onto 7-8 1 year pros, exempt from expansion, and with alot of the question marks erased. Would be a good time to go Big Game hunting, particularly if the team takes a significant stride forward.

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
Umm i wouldn't call, Kasperi Kapanen or Travis Dermott Or Andreas Johnson or even Andrew Nielsen a Scrub

Henchmen 21

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Umm i wouldn't call, Kasperi Kapanen or Travis Dermott Or Andreas Johnson or even Andrew Nielsen a Scrub

Problem is you also can't call any of them proven, a prospect is a prospect is a prospect, until they make the NHL or bust out. The leafs are not a team that should be trading prospects, we should be accumulating as many as possible, choosing the best, and trading the rest

buttman*

Problem is you also can't call any of them proven, a prospect is a prospect is a prospect, until they make the NHL or bust out. The leafs are not a team that should be trading prospects, we should be accumulating as many as possible, choosing the best, and trading the rest

Did you not read the OP at all?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

You've basically just described exactly the same scenario the OP has laid out.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Toronto has too many forward Prospects and we don't want to end up like Edmonton. What would other teams be willing to give in terms of Defensive and/or goaltending prospects. No JVR or other veterans. Straight up prospect(s) for prospect(s)

Untouchables:
Matthews
Marner
Nylander
Brown
Kapanen (in most scenarios)

Fire away with trades.

You don't want to give up quality assets to get quality assets? That is exactly what Edmonton did.

I recall many years ago, I thought a Karlsson for Eberle trade seemed like a good idea. I got laughed at pretty hard.... by Edmonton fans....:shakehead

Group Chat Legend*

so Toronto wanta to trade missling prospects for middling prospects?

why exactly?

Cotton

May 13, 2013
You don't want to give up quality assets to get quality assets? That is exactly what Edmonton did.

I recall many years ago, I thought a Karlsson for Eberle trade seemed like a good idea. I got laughed at pretty hard.... by Edmonton fans....:shakehead

Toronto's prospect pool is deep in talent, but let's pretend you knew that for a second. Let's say every one of are prospects is available... So what quality assets are you offering?

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
You will get nothing of interest of you offer nothing of interest. Also considering the offensive kids you have I would be shocked if the organization considered Kapannen untouchable

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
You will get nothing of interest of you offer nothing of interest. Also considering the offensive kids you have I would be shocked if the organization considered Kapannen untouchable

I agree.
The top 3 are untouchable, Brown is just bubbling below that.

Kapanen is available.

I would like to try out AJohnson, Timashov and Bracco-see if they have anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad