Former Ducks (2024-25 edition)

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC

2 sides to every story but holy crap that sounds bad. I get wanting to kind of oversee and control your assets injuries and rehab but do you not have an open line of communication with his doctors? Pretty wild to think a player could lie about his rehab or current issues without the doctors telling the training staff the truth.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Robert Hägg to Anaheim: “Why did you even sign me at all?”

Last month, while he was still considering his options for the 2024-25 season, Robert Hägg gave an interview with a Swedish reporter for Expressen.se where he expressed some of his disappointment with how things worked out in Anaheim.

Now, after signing a one-year, two-way contract with the Vegas Golden Knights, the 29-year-old Swedish defenseman has opened up more, according to website HockeyNews.se.

Maybe he should have thought about being a better player?

• Love
Reactions: Yemeth and MMC

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Robert Hägg to Anaheim: “Why did you even sign me at all?”

Last month, while he was still considering his options for the 2024-25 season, Robert Hägg gave an interview with a Swedish reporter for Expressen.se where he expressed some of his disappointment with how things worked out in Anaheim.

Now, after signing a one-year, two-way contract with the Vegas Golden Knights, the 29-year-old Swedish defenseman has opened up more, according to website HockeyNews.se.

Im sorry, I know it might not be what was expected, but f*** off Hagg. You were a dime a dozen guy with no upside. Be happy you got paid.

Reactions: MMC

JonathnTaylorTavares

Feb 4, 2019
Lol... I get why he's disappointed he didn't get to play NHL games, but acting like the organization did him dirty because he lost his spot to guys like Mintyukov, Luneau, and LaCombe who the team is obviously more invested in is pretty funny. If things were that bad here, could've refused to report to the AHL and gotten a termination to test the market but I guess the one way salary was enough to keep him happy until the Samuelis stopped being the ones giving him his paychecks. And if anyone was prepared to give him NHL minutes, he wouldn't have cleared waivers.
BOOM. Roasted

• Love
Reactions: Kalv and MMC

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Quite the entitlement from a guy who went -4 in 5 games and 0 points. Maybe you just weren’t good enough to crack a bottom 5 defense bud.

Reactions: Bender66

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Sorry Mr Hagg ... if you couldn't beat out the kids Ducks were icing on blueline last yr for ice time, that's more an indictment on your skills at this point in time ... Be happy you got paid at all

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Signed a minimum deal with a team that was historically brutal defensively and still couldn't crack the lineup. Maybe there were some crossed signals as to what his role was likely to be, but sorry this guy needs to look inward. Has had plenty of NHL opportunity and hasn't cemented himself in the league.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I get the impression he took a lot for granted and probably had no real conversations about his role. It sounds like he just assumed that since he had played in the NHL the last 4 or 5 years and was signing with a bottom feeder that he would automatically be a regular in the lineup. The idea that the Ducks were trying to develop young players (especially on D) seemed to totally bypass any due diligence process he should have undertaken before signing.

Reactions: Yemeth

Frosted Tips

Zeglaf baby!
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
This is the most talk about Hägg ever saw on this forum. I think it's just a guy who's frustrated and talking to his local newspaper. This kind of situation is hardly uncommon in the NHL. Good luck in Vegas.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Cool. It’s not mine, it’s a friend’s. He knows I’m a big Ducks fan so he asked me if I knew anything about it. All I knew was that it was Getzy.

He had a big box of cards like this he just bought off someone for a couple hundred. It had cards from all the major sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad