Former Ducks (2024-25 edition)

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Still sucks to have lost him, but we already have a hard time seeing how we have room for all of Fowler, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Vaak, and LaCombe, with Dumoulin also on the left side, had we kept Thrun it would only be even more of a logjam and while he can be a NHLer, he hasn't done anything to separate himself from this group (nor would he likely have ever gotten the chance to if he had signed here)

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I would have thought some team would have signed Tracey by now, so yeah a complete bust.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I would have thought some team would have signed Tracey by now, so yeah a complete bust.

There area number of players similar to Tracey who remain unsigned. Would he benefit from a change of scenery or has he pretty much reached his peak? He's still just 23 years old.

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
One of the best ones they’ve done.

Glad they just came up with something again, but I have to say, this wasn't sufficient enough of a service to that game. Back then (mind you, Internet was still in its baby steps and live streams were pretty much unheard of) and due to a lack of coverage of the NHL on regular oder even PPV TV, I literally watched the live scores of the match on television text (Yes, I was there Legolas, 3,000 years ago.) and started to become super annoyed no TV channel got the end result, starting to think they all were just not giving a f***.

Only in the afternoon (game must have ended around 9:30 am or so in my time zone) did I find out they really went to 5OT for it.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I was in college. After the first OT, I set up my VCR to record the game and just left it on, thinking it would be over by the time I got back to my dorm and I'd rewind the tape and watch. I got back after about an hour and a half and it was still going. I think the 4th OT was just ending or the 5th just beginning. So I got to see the ending live. It was awesome.

Reactions: dracom and Static
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Glad they just came up with something again, but I have to say, this wasn't sufficient enough of a service to that game. Back then (mind you, Internet was still in its baby steps and live streams were pretty much unheard of) and due to a lack of coverage of the NHL on regular oder even PPV TV, I literally watched the live scores of the match on television text (Yes, I was there Legolas, 3,000 years ago.) and started to become super annoyed no TV channel got the end result, starting to think they all were just not giving a f***.

Only in the afternoon (game must have ended around 9:30 am or so in my time zone) did I find out they really went to 5OT for it.

I remember being at a family function party at some bar/restaurant during game two of that series. It was one of my first real glimpses of watching the team live (ever) that year.

I remember going back and forth to the bar that had a little TV In the corner with the game on. Had to make sure I caught the winning goal..

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
One of the best ones they’ve done.

Ah, to be 10 years old again, running in and out of my parents' room approaching midnight with school the next day while they were asleep, only to then lose my mind when Sykora buried it.

Angels magical World Series run, Ducks magical run to the Stanley Cup, and the Raiders in the Super Bowl. Still the greatest calendar run of sports in my lifetime.

Reactions: Static

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Ah, to be 10 years old again, running in and out of my parents' room approaching midnight with school the next day while they were asleep, only to then lose my mind when Sykora buried it.

Angels magical World Series run, Ducks magical run to the Stanley Cup, and the Raiders in the Super Bowl. Still the greatest calendar run of sports in my lifetime.
Lakers 3Peat with Kobe/Shaq too. It was unbelievable times

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Maple Leafs Unlikely To Register Jani Hakanpää's Contract

Sorry to hear this, he made himself into a pretty steady defender and unfortunately didn't get a long tenure to make bank in the league as a late bloomer. I guess there's still a chance he isn't done, but that report on his knee sure doesn't sound encouraging.

That sucks. He's one of the few players who went to America, didn't succeed and returned to Europe but got another chance and succeeded. Very often players who return to Europe don't go back even though they always say "my goal is still the NHL".

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad