Former Ducks - (2023-24 Season Edition )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
It would be great to have Perry around the younger Ducks. It's funny that both the players (it seems) and fans hate Terry until he is on their team. We all know what he means to the Ducks, but he seemed well-liked during his stints in Montreal, Dallas and Tampa Bay too.
Yup. Totally understand why Perry was bought out and Im glad he got to be on winning teams, but it would be really nice if he had come to the Ducks now instead of Chicago.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yup. Totally understand why Perry was bought out and Im glad he got to be on winning teams, but it would be really nice if he had come to the Ducks now instead of Chicago.
Perry to McTavish: This is how you accidentally take a goalie out by falling into him and this is how you pour gatorade into someones glove

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I love Teemu Selanne. Easily my favorite player of all time.
Same. I think he was never captain material at all though. Zegras is a fun personality guy like him who doesn't appear to be captain material either.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Same. I think he was never captain material at all though. Zegras is a fun personality guy like him who doesn't appear to be captain material either.
I think Selanne was great as an alternate captain during his second stint. He was clearly a leader in the locker room, although he was always too emotional on the ice to be the long-term captain. Getzlaf was at the beginning as well, but the team (wisely) saw that he would grow into the role.

Zegras has a lot of maturing to do before becoming even an alternate captain.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
I think Selanne was great as an alternate captain during his second stint. He was clearly a leader in the locker room, although he was always too emotional on the ice to be the long-term captain. Getzlaf was at the beginning as well, but the team (wisely) saw that he would grow into the role.

Zegras has a lot of maturing to do before becoming even an alternate captain.

Yeah, arguing about offsides every time isn’t good for a captain to do lol.

Love both Teemu & Z, but Getzlaf was the right choice then and I think McTavish of the right choice now.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad