Former Canucks Thread 2023-24 Off-Season Edition

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
You are rewriting history and ignoring actual facts. It wasn't till 3 season ago that McCann actual put his shit together and the number 1 D is Gustov? He is not a number 1 D.. he is good but you ignore it took 7 years from his draft year to actual show he was any good. Hawks and Carolina let him go as well. How many teams dud McCann play on before he put solid numbers together?

McCann became a solid middle six player 4 years out from his draft which is reasonable for a late first round pick, and then blossomed into a bona-fide top 6 player in 2020. We gave up on him 2 years after his draft, along with more draft picks, for a replacement level dman because he's "big." That's hardly revisionist history, that's just poor management.

Forsling was traded after a good draft +1 season for a AHL tweener who's numbers had gone down year over year because of the "age gap." The deal made no sense then and looks asinine now.

Thinking Ekblad is the number 1 in Florida right now makes me think you didn't watch much Panthers hockey last year, or aren't particularly good at player evaluation. Forsling is a modern day Mattias Ohlund, guy just eats minutes for the Panthers and wins his matchups much more consistently than Ekblad.

Of course, no one knew back when the deals were made that they would turn out THIS terribly, but the point is these guys were progressing at a reasonable rate & were dealt for negative assets, while we held on forever to stalling/negative assets.

When you have a couple 30%ers, and deal them for 10%ers, that's poor management, regardless of how each panned out.

Reactions: Jyrki21 and Vector

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
before my time, but i did have a misprinted pro set joe nieuwendyk that they fixed very quickly so it was supposed to be fairly rare

beckett had it listed at $5

and check it out, it’s held its value

View attachment 920395
That Pro Set line had a bunch of errors, with the one I remember most being their NJ mixup of Peter Stastny and Patrik Sundström:

2-x-stastny-peter-patrik-sundstrom-proset-1990-91-chybotlac-177350255.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad