Player Discussion: Former Bolts Thread

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California

The Dynamo arena is modern top notch!!!

Thompson in my opinion was our best D prospect by quite a large margin and was the best all around player we had in Syracuse last year. I wasn't a fan of the trade when it happened and I don't think I will be in the future but it's early
Didn't even notice him in the Sharks loss to the Ducks, he won't make it in the NHL.....

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
"The Bruins like him, they liked his camp, but they don’t have cap space at this point in time so it would have to be someone going on waivers, a trade to create space, or maybe an injury creates an opportunity but Tyler Johnson is willing to wait it out and eventually work out a deal with Boston."

seems like he had Boston in mind from the start

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Did Cooper ever give Colton a legitimate shot in the top 6? Scored a fair amount on our 3rd line, I don't recall him playing much with Kucherov or Point.
I think he got a very brief look on the top lines, maybe a couple times, talking like a few consecutive shifts in a game here and there, but not a serious look that I remember.

• Wow
Reactions: Hockeyville USA

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Did Cooper ever give Colton a legitimate shot in the top 6? Scored a fair amount on our 3rd line, I don't recall him playing much with Kucherov or Point.
Not much of one. The same can be said for players like JAM and Verhaeghe as well. I didn't like trading Colton at the time and still don't. The same amount of cap could've been basically used for Colton and an 800k player instead of what they used on Jeannot and Sheary. Not to mention the extra couple of picks Tampa could've kept.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Not much of one. The same can be said for players like JAM and Verhaeghe as well. I didn't like trading Colton at the time and still don't. The same amount of cap could've been basically used for Colton and an 800k player instead of what they used on Jeannot and Sheary. Not to mention the extra couple of picks Tampa could've kept.
Still the dumbest trade of all time. Could have acquired Nick Bjugstad (one of the players many discussed) or Eric Robinson (who I wanted) for a 3rd at the 2023 Deadline. BriseBois so dumb.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Colton was going to improve, obviously but he clearly outpriced himself the year he was up for renewal. There was slim to no chance we could've retained him.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Colton was going to improve, obviously but he clearly outpriced himself the year he was up for renewal. There was slim to no chance we could've retained him.
No one knows if 4 million was as low as he'd go in Tampa as well. It would've been a little difficult, and maybe another small move would've had to have been made, but there could've been room for Colton. The return was meh, and Gauthier is still 2 years from being helpful, if he ever will be.

Still the dumbest trade of all time. Could have acquired Nick Bjugstad (one of the players many discussed) or Eric Robinson (who I wanted) for a 3rd at the 2023 Deadline. BriseBois so dumb.
It wasn't a great couple of moves from JBB, but overall, he's made more good moves than really bad ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad