Proposal: For sale: NHL ready (or close) forwards

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Madison Bowey would be my target if im the Leafs.

Washington is so close to winning a cup, I could see them sacrificing some future for a winning now type move.

Leafs have the extra bubble pieces to make it so the long term pain can be squashed a bit (IMO)

Something like:
Tyler Bozak @3
Frank Corrado (young RHD, D first)
Josh Leivo (dominant AHL seasons, NHL ready)
3rd round pick (becomes second if Bowey plays 50% of the games before the TDL)

for
Lars Eller
Madison Bowey

Save 500k on the cap, get two good prospects, and a pick to move for depth at the TDL

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Jackets could use Petan, and we know Dano has clicked here before.

Any LHD other than Murray and Werenski are on the table.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

Washington is so close to winning a cup, I could see them sacrificing some future for a winning now type move.

Leafs have the extra bubble pieces to make it so the long term pain can be squashed a bit (IMO)

Something like:
Tyler Bozak @3

for
Lars Eller
Madison Bowey

Save 500k on the cap, get two good prospects, and a pick to move for depth at the TDL

So in exchange for Bowey you have a dman who was claimed off of waivers, Leivo who was never top 3 in scoring on his AHL team (and basically put up the same production as Markus Granlund if you want a comparison of AHL allstars who suck at being NHLers), and a 3rd round pick. Yikes.

Leivo is going to be the same as Frattin and the previous set of older prospects that Leafs fans were constantly pimping out in trade threads before: way overrated, with likely a bottom six ceiling.

axepig

Jul 14, 2014
What would you want from the Coyotes for Dano? Obviously we can take Stuart's cap dump if it helps value wise.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

Something like:
Tyler Bozak @3

for
Lars Eller
Madison Bowey

Haha that is bad for caps. Get 3 scraps instead of a stud in bowey, and switch eller and bozak for what reason?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Something like:
Tyler Bozak @3

for
Lars Eller
Madison Bowey

This trade is quite frankly bizarre, and has absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic. Congrats

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Jackets could use Petan, and we know Dano has clicked here before.

Any LHD other than Murray and Werenski are on the table.

Petan for Heatherington + a 4th rd pick, or something like that, might be reasonable. Petan & Heatherington were both drafted in the 2nd round in 2013, and both look like they're pretty much ready for the NHL, neither as front-line players, though.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Surely you're not series?

Lowry > juulsen (wrong... they are about even and in 3 years, Juulsen will be worth way more.....what is Lowry a good 4th liner or very average 3rd liner?)
Dano > Beaulieu (wrong Beaulieu is a 2nd pairing LHD and Dano will be lucky to make the team this year...if he does, it will probably be 4th line but no higher than 3rd line.)
Lemieux > 2nd (correct if we assume Lemieux hits his potential but I threw Lemieux in to help offset the other two...)

And you're a jets fan?!
The Jets are better now and in the future after this trade.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Also, if Perreault is the 3C this year, Lowry will play on the 4th....if Dano makes the team, he will likely play the 4th line but maybe the 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad