Proposal: For sale: NHL ready (or close) forwards

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Kosmachuk for Musil/Simpson?

AHL defensemen with little upside? Might be equal, I don't really know.

relative to LD, we had agreed to
McD 4.7 x3 + Ranger 3rd in 2017, and NYR 4th in 2018
for
Trouba, [RFA = 0, but will result in savings for Wini since it is not paying Trouba 6 or more] + Jets 2nd in 2017, and Jets 3rd in 2018
cap is close enough

I am fine with that as a done deal.

If you would like a second swap, mindful of the above, I am willing to give a discounted Marc Staal, down to 4.0 (you are taking on his NMC)

looking for minimal return on Staal
to put up somebody's salary for cap, Burmi is fine for start
would consider one of our nice prospect Gs in exchange for the back scratch

doubt you would go there w. Staal due to NMC, but have to ask
am willing to try to work with you outside the box, some concession on talent, $, -- just can't take back NMC

We are not taking on Staal under any circumstances.

Dano+Lemieux for D.Pouliot+4th. I'm probably off a bit.

I'd rather not send both of those guys away, although Pouliot would be nice.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
What would Winnipeg give for Pouliot? Currently a bottom pairing defenseman, but he has the potential to become a second pairing PMD I guess, or maybe more. Would preferably want guys who don't need to be protected. Lemieux would be fun. :laugh:

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
What would Winnipeg give for Pouliot? Currently a bottom pairing defenseman, but he has the potential to become a second pairing PMD I guess, or maybe more. Would preferably want guys who don't need to be protected. Lemieux would be fun. :laugh:

But we get a guy we need to protect if he breaks out? :p

And you just described Josh Morrisey, so not sure if it is a go, when we already have a "Pouliot". But he is still a very intressting talent....

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
No interest in taking on Emelin's salary. ELC for ELC (or cheap contracts, whatever).

I think the OP forgot to say that goalie prospects are welcome (sorry, I just happen to love Söderström). Pelech is also decent. I don't think I'll give you Petan for Pelech, but Armia wouldn't be that bad. A good bottom six guy who works very hard on both ends of the ice.

Oh boy, that would be a very good deal for us... Which prospect though? Lemieux, Dano or someone else? (figured you would need those two the most)

I'm a big fan of the idea of Lemieux as a Flyer.

The kid may well have been conceived the same night his dad blew that long shot by Hextall.

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

Huh? He was playing the tough minutes in the AHL as an 18 year old and had a cup of coffee in the NHL this year and looked really good. He's way better than Nurse already and is two years younger.

In what universe was he playing tough minutes? He was playing bottom pairing minutes, and spent some games in the press box. His play in his own end a notable weakness by those that watched him, and his contributions on the other end pretty unsubstantial. Honestly guys how do you psych yourself up for every prospect so much, brutal

Last edited by a moderator:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Who would you give up for Haydn Fleury or Jaccob Slavin?

I'm going to assume that Slavin isn't likely available, but if he was, he would be a nice fit IMO.

(There would be expansion draft implications, but that's for another discussion)

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Don't think I got a reply so I will try again. Nemeth/Oleksiak for Burmistrov?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
In what universe was he playing tough minutes? He was playing bottom pairing minutes, and spent some games in the press box. His play in his own end a notable weakness by those that watched him, and his contributions on the other end pretty unsubstantial. Honestly guys how do you psych yourself up for every prospect so much, brutal

Huh? Flames fans psych themselves up for every prospect as compared to Oiler fans? According to his coach Ryan Huska he said Kylington was playing the hard minutes with Wotherspoon. You can listen to the interview on 960. He actually said just the opposite thing you said and stated, "he really learned how to play the full sheet this year, we know the offense will come." How many AHL games did you actually watch? I'm a Flames fan and only watched a handful. The two guys who always impressed me were Kylington and Derek Grant.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I'm going to assume that Slavin isn't likely available, but if he was, he would be a nice fit IMO.

(There would be expansion draft implications, but that's for another discussion)

Both Slavin and Fleury are expansion draft exempt. Another NHL ready LHD we have is Carrick in the AHL. He is very good and was an AHL all-star last year. But like some of the prospects you are offering, probably can't beat out the guys ahead of him like Hanifin, Fleury, or Slavin, so he could be available and not as expensive as Fleury or Slavin.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Both Slavin and Fleury are expansion draft exempt. Another NHL ready LHD we have is Carrick in the AHL. He is very good and was an AHL all-star last year. But like some of the prospects you are offering, probably can't beat out the guys ahead of him like Hanifin, Fleury, or Slavin, so he could be available and not as expensive as Fleury or Slavin.

Thanks MinJaBen, I knew that Slavin was 22, but forgot that last year was his 1st. Must be because he looked good when I did see him play. ;)

IMO, I think guys like Slavin and Carrick might be guys the Jets might like because they can play now. Fleury is nice too, I'm just guessing the team would like a guy like Slavin because he can step in and play. The fact that he is expansion exempt is a huge plus.

I think there are a bunch of moving parts on the Jets end to go down this road though. I think Trouba gets signed and starts on the left. But in the hypothetical scenario where say the Jets acquire a guy like Slavin and Josh Morrisey is also ready for a bottom 6 role (I think he is), then the Jets could roll with Enstrom, Slavin, and JoMo on the left, and all 3 of Buff, Trouba, and Myers on the right. At least for the next two years until Enstrom's contract runs out. That's basically possible because Slavin and JoMo would be making considerably less. We'd have a very expensive press box guy in Stuart though, lol.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What was SJ's development plan for Mueller? As it looks, he's been bounced around a fair bit with poor results.

They didn't really ever have one for him. They brought him in the NHL in his first year our of necessity and he simply wasn't ready. That took a huge shot to his confidence and now he's in the AHL regaining it.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

Dude you're lying. Tell us how great Ethan Bear and Caleb Jones are :laugh: you hate on every Flames prospect. Sorry our team doesn't need first overall picks to get high end prospects.

Remember last year when you guys said Nurse was better then all our D prospects combined? How did he do this year. :laugh: oh yeah, he sucked big time.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Derrick Pouliot + Conor Sheary or Scott Wilson

for

Marko Dano + Brenden Lemieux

Pouliot provides you guys with another young PMD. With the age of your defense, I'm betting you could start trading them out and replacing them with the young guys that fit your core age group better. Dano is almost irrelevant on your stacked forward prospect list. Sheary or Wilson replace a forward spot. Sheary was a 1LW with Sid and Scott Wilson is poised to make the roster. Depth players if nothing else. Lemieux has proved very little, if anything. I just think the Penguins could use a LW like him on the 4th line or as a 13th forward if nothing else in a couple years.

Skiffer55

Logan Stanley's Cup
Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Xavier Ouellet of any interest?

Slated to be the Wings 7th dman as of right now.

EDIT:

Brendan Smith
Xavier Ouellet

For

Luke Green
Jansen Harkins

That is brutal, no thanks.
How about we just keep everyone and see who develops. Not all of them will. And there's no real urgency at all. Maaaaaybe Vegas takes Burmi or Armia. Doubt it.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Derrick Pouliot + Conor Sheary or Scott Wilson

for

Marko Dano + Brenden Lemieux

Pouliot provides you guys with another young PMD. With the age of your defense, I'm betting you could start trading them out and replacing them with the young guys that fit your core age group better. Dano is almost irrelevant on your stacked forward prospect list. Sheary or Wilson replace a forward spot. Sheary was a 1LW with Sid and Scott Wilson is poised to make the roster. Depth players if nothing else. Lemieux has proved very little, if anything. I just think the Penguins could use a LW like him on the 4th line or as a 13th forward if nothing else in a couple years.

We'd have problems in the expansion draft with Pouliot. And again, not shipping out both of Lemieux and Dano. That's too much.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Leafs have a ton of LHD prospects if your looking for prospects. Take your pick really

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Thanks MinJaBen, I knew that Slavin was 22, but forgot that last year was his 1st. Must be because he looked good when I did see him play. ;)

IMO, I think guys like Slavin and Carrick might be guys the Jets might like because they can play now. Fleury is nice too, I'm just guessing the team would like a guy like Slavin because he can step in and play. The fact that he is expansion exempt is a huge plus.

I think there are a bunch of moving parts on the Jets end to go down this road though. I think Trouba gets signed and starts on the left. But in the hypothetical scenario where say the Jets acquire a guy like Slavin and Josh Morrisey is also ready for a bottom 6 role (I think he is), then the Jets could roll with Enstrom, Slavin, and JoMo on the left, and all 3 of Buff, Trouba, and Myers on the right. At least for the next two years until Enstrom's contract runs out. That's basically possible because Slavin and JoMo would be making considerably less. We'd have a very expensive press box guy in Stuart though, lol.

I won't pretend to know your prospect pool well enough to suggest a trade, but I do know that our management values Slavin very highly. He is probably penciled into our top pairing this year with Faulk and is easily one of the top three defensemen we have (Faulk, Hanifin, Slavin) in terms of perceived value. I'd argue that Slavin may be the best all around defenseman we have...even over Faulk, though Justin has better offense at this point. So if it were Slavin you wanted, it would not be cheap. I think the better swap, given the prospects you list, would be Carrick. He probably tops out on a second pairing (maybe a #4) but is likely a third pairing guy on average in a few years. He could be had for a reasonable hockey trade for a similar forward.

Just my two cents.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I won't pretend to know your prospect pool well enough to suggest a trade, but I do know that our management values Slavin very highly. He is probably penciled into our top pairing this year with Faulk and is easily one of the top three defensemen we have (Faulk, Hanifin, Slavin) in terms of perceived value. I'd argue that Slavin may be the best all around defenseman we have...even over Faulk, though Justin has better offense at this point. So if it were Slavin you wanted, it would not be cheap. I think the better swap, given the prospects you list, would be Carrick. He probably tops out on a second pairing (maybe a #4) but is likely a third pairing guy on average in a few years. He could be had for a reasonable hockey trade for a similar forward.

Just my two cents.

Yeah, I figured Slavin would be off limits for now. Or at least too expensive.

We don't necessarily need anyone who's ready now. The right "schedule" would be to the prospect to play in the juniors/AHL for this year, then be ready to challenge for a spot in the NHL next year, and, if everything's going good, make the jump the year after, when Stuart and Enstrom are leaving. If we're using, say Fleury as an example...

16-17: first year in the AHL, so playing against men with the Moose and developing steadily there
17-18: big minutes in the AHL, possibly in the NHL if he shines
18-19: hopefully ready to take over one of the LHD spots in the NHL.

That's what I think would be the best option for us. IDK anything about Carrick, so feel free to tell me if he would fit in the timeline above.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Just my two cents.

Can't disagree. I thought seeing his name brought up was a little out of place for the thread. I can't see him being available really.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Marc Staal & AHL Contract
for
Stuart, Pavelec, Burmistrov & 2nd

I want Burmistrov on the Rangers to play with Buch. Rangers take Pavelec & Stuart to offset Staals salary. Rangers have already payed Staal his 1m signing bonus, this including all the salary coming back effectively costs the Jets a little over 3m a season for Staal for the next 5 season. Which IMO is a heck of a return for Burmistrov & a 2nd.

Rangers have the extra cap space to burn on Pavelec this season. They could option either him or Raanta to the AHL.

Stuart can be waived to the AHL and be a call-up when needed. I'm expecting no one will claim him as he passes through waivers throughout the season.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Yeah, I figured Slavin would be off limits for now. Or at least too expensive.

We don't necessarily need anyone who's ready now. The right "schedule" would be to the prospect to play in the juniors/AHL for this year, then be ready to challenge for a spot in the NHL next year, and, if everything's going good, make the jump the year after, when Stuart and Enstrom are leaving. If we're using, say Fleury as an example...

16-17: first year in the AHL, so playing against men with the Moose and developing steadily there
17-18: big minutes in the AHL, possibly in the NHL if he shines
18-19: hopefully ready to take over one of the LHD spots in the NHL.

That's what I think would be the best option for us. IDK anything about Carrick, so feel free to tell me if he would fit in the timeline above.

I'd say he has already gone through the first two steps you've outlined above. He led the Checkers (AHL) in scoring from the blue line (was third overall on the team with 9/33/42) and was named to the AHL all-star team. He is good both offensively and defensively, but I wouldn't say he is a star in either...just good all around and plays all big minutes in all situations for the Checkers last year. I think he would push for our third pairing LHD this year over Fleury if Hainsey wasn't still on the roster. His biggest problem is that we have Slavin, Hanifin, Hainsey, Fleury and after a year or two Bean also on the left side of the ice. He might even beat a couple of those guys as he is smart and calm, like Pesce was last year on the right side.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad