OT: Football Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

Ben Grimm

I can't stand the rain ☔
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
1716180789359.png

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

Making a video in addition to a song just makes it extra horrible. I couldn't make this story up.
I'm surprised that the Giants are okay with Waller taking so long to make a decision. I hope that doesn't backfire on us. Id be shocked if he walks away from the money. He could just mail in the effort for the money.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'm surprised that the Giants are okay with Waller taking so long to make a decision. I hope that doesn't backfire on us. Id be shocked if he walks away from the money. He could just mail in the effort for the money.

The Giants played it perfectly. There was a strong rumor that he was trying to get them to release him so he could sign elsewhere for cheap. The Giants, knowing the cap hit would be the same if he retired or they cut him, forced him to retire.

Very, very smart. He wanted to be cut. We told him to f*** off.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The Giants played it perfectly. There was a strong rumor that he was trying to get them to release him so he could sign elsewhere for cheap. The Giants, knowing the cap hit would be the same if he retired or they cut him, forced him to retire.

Very, very smart. He wanted to be cut. We told him to f*** off.
Is this your opinion or you read it from a beat writer?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
It's a rumor that's been swirling for months, now. Zero clue if it is true, but it does track with how the Giants would handle this if it were true.
I have not see the media mention anything about wanting to be cut to go elsewhere. After the season Waller said he wanted to be here. There was some motivation question going back to his Raider days. These sports are games for us but for many they become a drag of a job. Ive even heard from HOF guys that wanted to miss camp with injury. Waller is a different kind of dude. He has to be to put that video out lol. I personally do not know if his heart is in to playing. I do not think he wants to go elsewhere. Now the problem is he will walk away from $12 mill. I think his agent is yelling NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Just wait and see how you feel. These guys are lucky if they see 40% of their money after taxes, agents, etc. His agent is probably suggesting he keep playing even if that means a phantom hamstring injury in week 2.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Waller told the Giants he is not playing next season. I'm very surprised he passed up the $12 mill. It is unlikely he will ever make another $12 mill so I hope he has planned his retirement wisely. To his credit he could have showed up and faked an injury to take the money.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Waller left a nice video with a bit of an explanation. As suspected he doesn't have the passion for the game anymore. Its a brutal season so I can understand that. Also mentioned a life threatening injury last season. I never heard that before.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
Waller told the Giants he is not playing next season. I'm very surprised he passed up the $12 mill. It is unlikely he will ever make another $12 mill so I hope he has planned his retirement wisely. To his credit he could have showed up and faked an injury to take the money.
He got 20 million just to sign his contract. The rest was roster bonus and incentives.. He aint broke.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He got 20 million just to sign his contract. The rest was roster bonus and incentives.. He aint broke.
He isn't broke today but I'm sure you know how it goes for some athletes. Look at Antonio Brown. He has been in the news recently for money issues. These guys usually end up with 50% or less of what they make after taxes and other fees. It has to last. Over $10 mill was salary this year. Over 1 mill was a roster bonus this year. He walked away from around $12 mill.

Giants gain $11.6 mill cap room off Wallers retirement.

Ben Grimm

I can't stand the rain ☔
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

And Rodgers starts being Rodgers already. The Jets will not make the POs with this old bum who's only won as many conference titles as Rex Grossman, one, in his entire career.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
That article said JaMarcus made $36.4 mill.

I would guestimate he took in $16.38 mill to $18.2 mill after taxes and fees.

He was out of the NFL by 2010. It would be crazy if he blew all those millions in 14 years but also quite possible. Really a shame. He could have bought a nice house and car for $3 mill. Then invested the remaining $15 mill to live off forever.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
That article said JaMarcus made $36.4 mill.

I would guestimate he took in $16.38 mill to $18.2 mill after taxes and fees.

He was out of the NFL by 2010. It would be crazy if he blew all those millions in 14 years but also quite possible. Really a shame. He could have bought a nice house and car for $3 mill. Then invested the remaining $15 mill to live off forever.
Jamarcus is one of the dumbest people on the planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad