Friedman: Flyers willing to discuss almost anyone but Joel Farabee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eaglescapeusa

Jun 9, 2021
So far whenever someone asks about any Flyer player it’s either “ more than you want to pay “ or “ only if it’s Eichel level player coming back....
Weird . I thought the Flyers missed the playoffs but apparently everyone on their team is Eichel level and / or off limits .
Eichel for Provy and Konecny?

Reactions: Joey Banana
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Elliotte Friedman on players and teams looking for changes, Canucks timeline - Sportsnet.ca

(around the 9:15 mark)

In response to an inquiry about the possibility of Travis Konecny being available, Friedman says that he believes the Flyers won't move Joel Farabee and probably not Carter Hart, but are basically considering anyone else on the roster. Says some teams will put a lot of players out there, then pull them back off the market, so it could be that kind of situation but hears the Flyers are considering some really interesting things.
Elliotte Friedman on players and teams looking for changes, Canucks timeline - Sportsnet.ca

(around the 9:15 mark)

In response to an inquiry about the possibility of Travis Konecny being available, Friedman says that he believes the Flyers won't move Joel Farabee and probably not Carter Hart, but are basically considering anyone else on the roster. Says some teams will put a lot of players out there, then pull them back off the market, so it could be that kind of situation but hears the Flyers are considering some really interesting things.

weird flex but ok

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
As a Flyers fan, I would do that deal. I know it sounds crazy but his next contract is going to be crippling especially since they will probably extend a 34yo Giroux for $5+MM
You dont need to take the offer from NY. If Couts is available you will get better or same offers from other franchises. If av and all his peers stay in philly, i would sell Couts now.cause we are going downwards with this coaching staff. But i would never ever sell him to a roival like pitts, ny or Boston.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
i'd gladly toss him in , lol

but why are you acting like i'm offering trash ? Marner just turned 24 and is one of the top point producers in the game and i'm sure i could find Johnny some Philly PJ's to make him waive his nmc ;) ,
Tavares' contract is untradeable. Marner is a Playoff Houdini, disappearing completely or magically appearing the form and stature of a 13 year old boy. Don't want either at any price, and like any team could take on $23M in salary anyway... Maybe Seattle, try the Kraken.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Tavares' contract is untradeable. Marner is a Playoff Houdini, disappearing completely or magically appearing the form and stature of a 13 year old boy. Don't want either at any price, and like any team could take on $23M in salary anyway... Maybe Seattle, try the Kraken.
Marner is overpaid but he's not the problem with the Leafs .

Johnny jammies however has to go and while his cap hit is absurd for the player he is he's only owed just over 6m x 4yrs after his bonus is paid so hopefully someone will take this overrated slug .

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
couturier would be a great get for most teams. Trying to figure out the cost for him since nhl gms are weird. I figure it should cost at least what stone got traded for, probably slightly more since he is a Center

Reactions: Accelleratii

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
For enough 7ths, anything is possible.

Couturier's worth at least three.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
couturier would be a great get for most teams. Trying to figure out the cost for him since nhl gms are weird. I figure it should cost at least what stone got traded for, probably slightly more since he is a Center

A year ago it wasn’t even a possibility that Couturier could moved. There’s some logic to it now but I can’t really see Fletcher moving him unless it’s for Eichel or they have a trade in place for Eichel.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I have a feeling we are going to see a deal between Vancouver and Philly. Lots of ways both teams can reconfigure things between themselves.

skagittarius

Jan 18, 2016
PNW
Giroux has been the Flyers captain since 2013, has the team been consistent under his leadership?

Well, during that time the roster hasn't had a goaltender or the defensive corps capable of competing consistently so I don't think it's fair to put that on Giroux. Also, statistically I believe both Giroux and Voracek have over performed their contracts relative to their cohorts, but I'm fine with them moving on from both if the right deal comes up, but the focus needs to be on fixing the defense. They need to move out a LHD or 2. I'll be surprised if both Provorov and Sanheim are back next year, but maybe they move out some of the prospects.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
A year ago it wasn’t even a possibility that Couturier could moved. There’s some logic to it now but I can’t really see Fletcher moving him unless it’s for Eichel or they have a trade in place for Eichel.

logically i fully agree with you. But gms are weird so it might be couturier for a less elite center and better dman? Not saying its the right move but that is a move i can see happening

skagittarius

Jan 18, 2016
PNW
That is a deal the Flyers would need to take in my opinion. They have lacked a true sharpshooter like Boeser since prime Jeff Carter.

I agree they've missed a pure goalscorer but not at the cost of opening up another huge hole on the right side of the D. Myers was bad this year, but it would take a solid RHD coming back for me to move him. Hopefully Forester is the guy with the rifle going forward. He looked very good at LHV.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
if you guys want some laughs check out what other teams think. Some of the proposals I've seen are pure garbage.

But I guess when you get knocked out each year people do get pretty delusional :laugh:

Some of them even added jvr as a dump even though he had 43 points in 56 this year. Like do people not know how to read.

Reactions: BritainStix

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Marner is overpaid but he's not the problem with the Leafs .

Johnny jammies however has to go and while his cap hit is absurd for the player he is he's only owed just over 6m x 4yrs after his bonus is paid so hopefully someone will take this overrated slug .
The Leafs would need to find a cash poor team that has cap room for Tavares without having to fork out the cash. The Flyers are the opposite of that team, unlimited cash but no cap space, esp. with decisions to make on re-upping Couturier and Giroux after next season.

Marner is a great little player, but he's also not what the Flyers need, esp. at that cap hit. His lack of success in the playoffs is also a problem. Luckily, it's Toronto's problem. :)

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
logically i fully agree with you. But gms are weird so it might be couturier for a less elite center and better dman? Not saying its the right move but that is a move i can see happening

Fletcher is under a lot of pressure to greatly improve this team. I don’t think he’s a good GM but he’s not a total moron. If Couturier is moved, it will be a significant return with quality pieces that can contribute immediately.

Just don’t see any team willing to move what it would cost

Reactions: TheNewEra

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I agree they've missed a pure goalscorer but not at the cost of opening up another huge hole on the right side of the D. Myers was bad this year, but it would take a solid RHD coming back for me to move him. Hopefully Forester is the guy with the rifle going forward. He looked very good at LHV.
Nate Schmidt is a lefty, but he is a solid defenseman. Regardless of Myers or Schmidt, if we're being honest, the Flyers STILL need to add a top-pairing RHD to help Provorov. Someone like Seth Jones obviously fits the bill.

The way I see it -- Boeser is an upgrade over Konecny and is exactly the "type" of sniper the Flyers desperately need. Replacing Myers with Schmidt may have some short-term benefits as Myers continues to round out his game. Long-term, this is a lateral move at best for the Flyers. Or, they can certainly lose this portion of the swap. Losing Laughton will cost the Flyers a rock solid, versatile forward, but with their depth up the middle and Frost on the horizon, Laughton shouldn't be a dealbreaker.

Philly getting the 9th overall pick cannot be overlooked as this will give the Flyers picks 9 and 13 to hopefully grab two future, impact players. I look at it this way -- at #9, one of...

1. Power
2. Clarke
3. Hughes
4. Guenther
5. Edvinsson
6. Berniers
7. Eklund
8. McTavish
9. Johnson

... are guaranteed to be there. Then you add Lucius, Lysell and Lambos and there's 12 awesome players for the Flyers to choose from. If ONE of them drops, the Flyers have the golden opportunity of landing TWO of these kids. Adding that to Boeser and Schmidt makes this a no-brainer for me.

If Foerster, Allison or Brink end up decent NHL goal scorers, that's an added plus for the Flyers, as one of them can slot in on the 2nd line to support Boeser in the sniping department.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad