Friedman: Flyers willing to discuss almost anyone but Joel Farabee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Ah, were back to finding that perfect partner to drag around our "star" defensemen. I thought that logic was unique to just the flyers board itself. Guess not.

While were at it, maybe we can trade Couturier for Bernier.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Marner + Rielly for Provorov + Konecny

*handshake*
Take your hand away!!

This is a good basis for a deal but only if it's Marner + Dermott, and we keep (and extend) Rielly. We need a Robin to Rielly's Batman or vice versa. Swapping Rielly with Provorv puts Provorov in the same position -- he'll be tasked with continually punching above his weight class in Toronto.

Marner is a 90-100 point threat and, likely, the best player in the deal. Rielly and Provorov are a wash.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
As a Jets fan, something around Konecny for Connor is something I'd be okay with.

Sure, you lose Connor's finishing, but outside of scoring talent Connor doesn't bring as much to the table as Konecny. Meanwhile, it feels as though the Flyers lack actual finishing up front while having several guys who influence the game in ways not easily trackable on the score-sheet. Plus, with Joel Farabee and Morgan Frost on the come-up, some roster variation is nice for the Flyers. The Jets get a player who can fill in for Old Man Blake on the top line and shoulder the load transitionally while freeing up the tiniest bit of extra cap, allowing them to be more proactive in the defense class this year.

The value may not be 100% equal but you can play around with it on either side. I could also see Sanheim for Stanley involved in this as well, given Fletcher and co's affinity for big(ger) bodies and the Jets need for a mobile D

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
As a Jets fan, something around Konecny for Connor is something I'd be okay with.

Sure, you lose Connor's finishing, but outside of scoring talent Connor doesn't bring as much to the table as Konecny. Meanwhile, it feels as though the Flyers lack actual finishing up front while having several guys who influence the game in ways not easily trackable on the score-sheet. Plus, with Joel Farabee and Morgan Frost on the come-up, some roster variation is nice for the Flyers. The Jets get a player who can fill in for Old Man Blake on the top line and shoulder the load transitionally while freeing up the tiniest bit of extra cap, allowing them to be more proactive in the defense class this year.

The value may not be 100% equal but you can play around with it on either side. I could also see Sanheim for Stanley involved in this as well, given Fletcher and co's affinity for big(ger) bodies and the Jets need for a mobile D

If you're getting Sanheim AND Konecny, there's no way that package coming back doesn't involve Ehlers, for me personally.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

TK for KC could work...yes

Sanheim for Stanley is VERY far off...Flyers would not touch that. I fSanheim is moved, it's likely for a RHD or in a bigger package...like part of a deal for Eichel.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
TK for KC could work...yes

Sanheim for Stanley is VERY far off...Flyers would not touch that. I fSanheim is moved, it's likely for a RHD or in a bigger package...like part of a deal for Eichel.

I don't believe at all that Stanley for Sanheim is equal value. I believe that Stanley may be overrated by current management and coaching while Sanheim may be undervalued, and to both teams that makes up the Goal Chasm between TK and KC

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I don't believe at all that Stanley for Sanheim is equal value. I believe that Stanley may be overrated by current management and coaching while Sanheim may be undervalued, and to both teams that makes up the Goal Chasm between TK and KC
And what makes up the 1.5 million more KC makes?

I could see Sanheim moved..but it won't be for swap for a different LHD

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
And what makes up the 1.5 million more KC makes?

I could see Sanheim moved..but it won't be for swap for a different LHD
It's 1.5 million dollars. You can have a 5ht round pick, I guess. That 1.5 million has a lot more benefit going from the Jets and absolutely no repercussions for the Flyera

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's 1.5 million dollars. You can have a 5ht round pick, I guess. That 1.5 million has a lot more benefit going from the Jets and absolutely no repercussions for the Flyera
If you remove Sanheim and Stanley from the deal....then agreed.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007

Yikes.

You guys swapped Laine and Roz for Dubois and it backfired from a production standpoint. Are you sure you want to trade your best goal scorer AGAIN for a feisty winger who can chip in some offense?

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
You think Sanheim is bringing you a player who has 104 points in his last 118 games and is a +29 while Sanheim is -18 in the same span.
Travis Sanheim for Mitch Marner? :laugh:

Is Travis Konecny and the 13th overall coming in the Uber with him?

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
They allowed the most goals in the league, all their goalies had sub-.900 save percentages, so was the defense in front of them bad as well? Are the Flyers looking to upgrade on defense?
Most of it wasn't the goaltending. The defense constantly turned the puck over and it was quickly put in the net. The forwards also didn't come back or completely left guys open. They all looked lost in the system.

Reactions: RavixOfFourhorn

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
He is MASSIVELY overrated by a large portion of the Flyers fanbase. There are people on this board who constantly proclaim that he is better than Provorov, and we even have someone this offseason going on and on about he's better than Seth Jones. He's a decent 2nd pairing defender but he is massively inconsistent and as you mentioned watching him play sometimes you wonder if he has any hockey sense whatsoever.
I think part of his problem is he's paired with another young guy in Myers. He would benefit from being paired with a vet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad