Friedman: Flyers willing to discuss almost anyone but Joel Farabee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
As someone else has already said: Nothing you'd want to pay.

We're talking like...something around Nurse - which I know you'll find outrageous.

Yeah, not trading a #1 D man for Konecny. Certainly with how Nurse played this year his value has never been higher.

We don’t really have any other forwards you’d want either in the same range as Konecny or slightly less plus a sweetner.

Can’t see a 1st + Holloway being palatable either as we need cheap ELC talent up front for McDavid and Drai’s primes.

Just not a good fit for needs/player combinations. Broberg is multiple years away as well and doesn’t help the Flyers immediately even at Broberg + 1st. I like Konecny, but yeah just not good trading partners given team needs and available assets.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
On the forreal, JVR would be a good get for the Oilers.

Fletch wants a top pairing RHD

We are not a match when it comes to TK due to the wide swings in ability on your roster.

Seeing JVR’s name floated, thinking about it I actually like that potential fit given that we finally have cap space.

Veteran guy and we desperately need at minimum 2 top 6 wingers. He’s still productive and could add some juice to our top 6.

What’s the ask for him? It’s obviously less than Konecny given age and cap hit.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
easier said than done....but yes....that's what everyone thinks in the summer.
Fair. But the Oilers have the cap to be aggressive and the opportunity to play with Connor or Leon is going to attract some UFA’s. Spending 7M on a LW is just not feasible for the Oilers unless Koskinen/Neal goes back.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Damn Giroux is 33 and JVR is 32... where does time go...

Couturier is on a great deal with 1 year left.. probably cost an arm/leg to fetch him though.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As a Rangers fan, trust me you don’t want him. Never seen a defenseman play worse than Sanheim in either of the blowout games. Was on ice and pretty much directly responsible for 7 goals in the first 9-0 win. Dude has the tools but is clueless, similar to Hanifin in that sense

He didnt just have 2 bad games. He had a really bad month of March. But so did everyone else on the team.

Fortunately,
Sanheim has been really under the radar excellent the rest of his time in the NHL.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
He didnt just have 2 bad games. He had a really bad month of March. But so did everyone else on the team.

Fortunately,
Sanheim has been really under the radar excellent the rest of his time in the NHL.
Haven’t seen any of this under the radar excellence. Every time I watch him seems like he makes a few dumb plays or is out of position

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
So far whenever someone asks about any Flyer player it’s either “ more than you want to pay “ or “ only if it’s Eichel level player coming back....
Weird . I thought the Flyers missed the playoffs but apparently everyone on their team is Eichel level and / or off limits .

Reactions: romulus augustulus

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
As well they should be. The only players they shouldn't be willing to move are Hart, Farabee, and York. I'd give Provorov an honorable mention but for the right defenseman he shouldn't be untouchable. I wouldn't trade Couturier but when you consider his contract situation it's not so black and white. Despite what a lot of Flyers fans think, guys like Konecny, Sanheim, Myers, Frost, 13th overall, etc should absolutely be on the table for the right deal.

The Flyers have won ONE playoff series in NINE years. Clearly what they have been doing isn't working and the ''master plan rebuild'' that Hextall orchestrated turned out to be average at best. They desperately need to shake the roster up and try something different.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
As a Rangers fan, trust me you don’t want him. Never seen a defenseman play worse than Sanheim in either of the blowout games. Was on ice and pretty much directly responsible for 7 goals in the first 9-0 win. Dude has the tools but is clueless, similar to Hanifin in that sense
He is MASSIVELY overrated by a large portion of the Flyers fanbase. There are people on this board who constantly proclaim that he is better than Provorov, and we even have someone this offseason going on and on about he's better than Seth Jones. He's a decent 2nd pairing defender but he is massively inconsistent and as you mentioned watching him play sometimes you wonder if he has any hockey sense whatsoever.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Yeah, not trading a #1 D man for Konecny. Certainly with how Nurse played this year his value has never been higher.

We don’t really have any other forwards you’d want either in the same range as Konecny or slightly less plus a sweetner.

Can’t see a 1st + Holloway being palatable either as we need cheap ELC talent up front for McDavid and Drai’s primes.

Just not a good fit for needs/player combinations. Broberg is multiple years away as well and doesn’t help the Flyers immediately even at Broberg + 1st. I like Konecny, but yeah just not good trading partners given team needs and available assets.

Exactly. It's Nurse or bust, basically - and I know bust is the obvious answer here.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
So far whenever someone asks about any Flyer player it’s either “ more than you want to pay “ or “ only if it’s Eichel level player coming back....
Weird . I thought the Flyers missed the playoffs but apparently everyone on their team is Eichel level and / or off limits .

That's typically the response when fans from teams come in here looking to get young, high-potential players for pennies on the dollar based on Eliotte saying the Flyers are highly active (the most vague thing ever) in the trade market this summer.

We're trying to contend, so it has to be a "hockey deal" for the top guys on our roster. That's just the situation we're in. So if you want someone like Konecny, you're going to have to give up a legit Top 4 D or a similar caliber/aged forward.

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017

Ok, so how many 3rd round picks do you think is fair for Couts, Konecny, and Provorov?

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
What do you want for Couturier from NY?

Chytil+Lundkvist+Georgiev+15th overall is my starting offer.
LOL

You really think we would trade a selke winner in his best years to a rival in the same Division. The flyers would sell the franchise before doing this!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad