GDT: Flyers vs. Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Look at the standings. Teams lose games sometimes. I’m mad we lost. The Flyers didn’t even deserve a point. Oh well.

We’ve lost to this dogshit team twice, blew a game against Nashville, basically turned the rags season around for them

Garbage losses

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Does it really matter if we don't win the division?

Don't get me wrong, I don't wanna be in a situation where we're out of town scoreboard watching every night like we were for the last 2 months of the 17-18 season with Florida and people getting paranoid about every time Florida got a point and everytime we didn't get two points, but we still have 5 more points right now than we did that year after 30 games. However, we did go on a 5 game winning streak from games 31-36 and it was a 6 game point streak from games 31-37, but after that we won at under .500 for a little more than two months.,

Yup, now that I look at it. We were 22-9-6 and then 12-17-2 after that stretch before finishing the final month 10-3-1 and actually 10-2-1 before clinching. We lost the season finale and it was a throwaway as we were already clinched. Pretty sure we even healthy scratched a couple guys.

And this team is way better than that one.

I don't want to back into the playoffs and get rolled over in the first round like Hall's Hart year.

Reactions: glenwo2

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
There are no words right now ....

1671163641614.png

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Lmfaoooo

Hart is decent at best, Scott Wedgewood just shut us down too
Remember when Eddie Lack played the game of his career for us against the Lightning a few years back? Bad goalies sometimes play great games against good teams.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Lmfaoooo

Hart is decent at best, Scott Wedgewood just shut us down too
So you thought the youngest team in the league that is having their first winning season in years was going to keep winning at an .850 pace?

How much more do you want from these pups? They're still learning how to win. The fact that they could rattle off 20 wins in 22 games is not enough...you think it's realistic to demand that they keep winning at that rate and never have a losing streak for an entire season?

Not gonna say anymore about this thought process.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The issue is after Saturday, shit gets much harder.

A road back to back in Carolina and Florida. Then two in a row against the best team in the league and then a red hot Pitt.

If they drop Saturday's game, you really expect them to successfully run that gauntlet coming off a 5 game losing streak?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
We’ve lost to this dogshit team twice, blew a game against Nashville, basically turned the rags season around for them

Garbage losses
See, if you paid attention to the actual games instead of the standings you’d see that the Rags were top 10 in xGf all season. Their turnaround was EXPECTED because they are playing good, even in their losses. Almost like how the Devils are playing well in their losses…

My god almighty…the cognitive dissonance is stunning.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't want to back into the playoffs and get rolled over in the first round like Hall's Hart year.
Neither do I

But I'd take that over missing the playoffs

And it would literally be an all time historic collapse for us to miss the playoffs. Maybe not THE all time historic collapse, but among them. This team is way better than the Hall Hart team. I don't even think there's more than 3 players left from that team? Actually I think it's 4? And two of them were teenagers that year.

And I'm not saying another Hart Trophy win is coming, but I think we have a better player this year than 17-18 Hart in Hughes.

But I'm sure I'll get some backlash over that, as there's actually some people that seriously think 11-12 Kovalchuk was our best offensive player ever.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Who cares about the frigging division? I mean really now. The goal this year is just making the playoffs number one, and number two winning the division gets you bupkus when the playoffs start anyway. If we win the division, get the #2 seed and get bounced by the Islanders in the first round what the f*** would winning the division then mean?
Thank You Michael Scott GIFs | Tenor

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
No game is easily winnable in this league. Everyone should know this by now.
I think we went long stretches in the last 10 years as an easily winnable opponent. Guess what happened? We lost.

That's what good teams do to bad teams and why good teams are good and bad teams are bad.

We played a bad team tonight and should have won. We didn't and I'm sorry but that bothers me. Shots be damned!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Neither do I

But I'd take that over missing the playoffs

And it would literally be an all time historic collapse for us to miss the playoffs. Maybe not THE all time historic collapse, but among them. This team is way better than the Hall Hart team. I don't even think there's more than 3 players left from that team? Actually I think it's 4? And two of them were teenagers that year.

And I'm not saying another Hart Trophy win is coming, but I think we have a better player this year than 17-18 Hart in Hughes.

But I'm sure I'll get some backlash over that, as there's actually some people that seriously think 11-12 Kovalchuk was our best offensive player ever.

I don't even want to be sweating making the playoffs. No 8th seed last team in last game of the year crap.

Reactions: glenwo2

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
right we should all be so happy we’re losing games we should win, what a blessing. This loss was bullshit and so was the rags loss and people should be pissed.
I mean, it's possible to be pissed about the losses, but happy with how the team played. Doesn't have to be one or the other.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010

A road back to back in Carolina and Florida. Then two in a row against the best team in the league and then a red hot Pitt.

If they drop Saturday's game, you really expect them to successfully run that gauntlet coming off a 5 game losing streak?
I expect them to be highly competitive in those games. Because they've been better than or even with the opponent for like 25 out of 30 games so far. Why would they need to "run the gauntlet"? It's a tough part of the schedule, I think I'll be satisfied if they can take half the points during that stretch. And that would keep them where they are in the standings for the most part.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I expect them to be highly competitive in those games. Because they've been better than or even with the opponent for like 25 out of 30 games so far. Why would they need to "run the gauntlet"? It's a tough part of the schedule, I think I'll be satisfied if they can take half the points during that stretch. And that would keep them where they are in the standings for the most part.
I got to say it's refreshing being on the same side sir

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I think we went long stretches in the last 10 years as an easily winnable opponent. Guess what happened? We lost.

That's what good teams do to bad teams and why good teams are good and bad teams are bad.

We played a bad team tonight and should have won. We didn't and I'm sorry but that bothers me. Shots be damned!

Except when we beat the Knights, the Avs, the Lightning, the Blues...

Reactions: Bleedred

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010

Yeah, we still beat good teams while we sucked. Just last year off the top of my head we beat Colorado and Tampa, the Stanley Cup finalists. It happens. Of course good teams are gonna win more games than they lose and vice versa.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Oh, we need a win in the worst kind of way Saturday, that's for sure.

But Pittsburgh could have cooled down by the time we face them. You never know.

Carolina will be tough, but I think we could beat Florida twice.

Florida is underachieving, but they've laid some eggs recently and have really gotten themselves into some trouble and a hole.

Let's further bury them twice if we can.

I'd be more worried about Florida, Washington (not really, but a little bit), and I guess the Rangers and Islanders right now. I think the Canes and Pens are pretty much playoff locks right now, as are the 3 teams at the top of Atlantic.

I mean, nobody is a lock, but safe bet. I would say the Canes and Pens are safer bets than any of Florida, Washington or the two New York teams at the current moment.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You guys are NOT taking this out on each other or there'll be a bunch of you going to the penalty box at the rate this thread is spiraling.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I don't even want to be sweating making the playoffs. No 8th seed last team in last game of the year crap.
We're the youngest team in the league. What did you expect at the start of the year? You want a team that hasn't been in the playoffs for 5 years, is extremely young and inexperienced to just cruise into the playoffs?

I really think some of yall's expectations are out of whack. And I'm not even saying that the "sweaty" scenario is gonna happen, but it could.

Reactions: My3Sons

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
If they play bad and win for more than a game at a time, yeah that does bother me because that's not sustainable.

I recall feeling that way for a large amount of games in the 2009-10 season when the team had a ridiculous first half record. That team proceeded to have a .500 record for the second half and barely put up a fight against Philly losing in 5 games in the first round.

I can literally count on one hand how many games I feel like the Devils played worse than their opponent so far this season.
I remember that season. I felt uneasy going into that series because of the team's recent play coupled with the Flyers going on a hot streak into the playoffs. And it ended as expected. Just a total disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad