Value of: Flyers trading up

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
How about something around:

MON 1st (2-4)

~for~

M. Frost
PHI or STL 1st (whichever is higher)

Add what you think makes sense. Value-wise, it would be both 1sts if you originally proposed Simmonds and the two picks for the top-5.

tytech

Jan 4, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site

MON 1st (2-4)

~for~

M. Frost

Add what you think makes sense.
Wouldn't trade Frost when picks are a bit of a gamble. Nothings a guarantee when picked but Frost has picked it up big time since being drafted. If this was a draft year, he'd be up there with Dahlin.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Wouldn't trade Frost when picks are a bit of a gamble. Nothings a guarantee when picked but Frost has picked it up big time since being drafted. If this was a draft year, he'd be up there with Dahlin.

No issue with you not wanting to move Frost, but don’t put him in the same class as Dahlin. Their respective ceilings aren’t close.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

MON 1st (2-4)

~for~

M. Frost

Add what you think makes sense. Value-wise, it would be both 1sts if you originally proposed Simmonds and the two picks for the top-5.

Why would the Habs do this?

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
To vastly improve their prospect pool at C, and show a commitment to improving the C position for the future. Why shouldn't they? Am I overrating Frost?

You're underrating the 2-4 spots. There is some serious talent after Dahlin.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
what makes Wahlstrom overrated?

He has been paired with Jack Hughes for a while now and it is very evident that Hughes is the driver on that line. Hughes dominates shifts and it seems like Wahlstrom is just along for the ride. Also, he can come off as a floater at times and has a case of tunnel vision. He makes unnecessary 1 on 1 plays in situations that don't call for it, and I have concerns about his all-around game. Don't get me wrong, he has fantastic physical tools and I'd still take Wahlstrom around ~7-9. But, I am not giving up two mid 1sts and Simmonds to get him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aldo Montoya

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
I would think the Flyers would have better odds of moving up using only the two firsts. Simmonds, as a soon to be UFA, isn't the kind of asset teams in the top 10 are looking for.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
I would think the Flyers would have better odds of moving up using only the two firsts. Simmonds, as a soon to be UFA, isn't the kind of asset teams in the top 10 are looking for.

Agreed. A more likely scenario is Simmonds is flipped for futures and then they make a play for a forward or top 5 pick.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The flyers have 2 picks in the first round, a packed prospect pool, and could use an elite scoring winger. I love Simmonds but don’t see him as a part of our future anymore. How far could this package move them up and would there be any teams interested?

Stl 1st
Phi 1st
Simmonds

Prospects could be added as sweeteners although I personally would be reluctant to trade Myers, Hart, Frost, and anybody on the roster not named Hagg.

Keep Simmonds
Stl 1st 2018
Phi 1st 2018 and 2019 [unprotected]
for
Zucarello [nice price] + Buchnevich [elc]

3 picks for 2 Ws play either side
You keep Sim and bolster win now
Rangers get mo picks.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
You're underrating the 2-4 spots. There is some serious talent after Dahlin.

I don't think I am. Are you saying that pick is untouchable or just that the value is off?

Again that's:

Habs 2018 1st (2-4)

~for~

M. Frost
2018 1st (the better of the two)
+?

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I don't think I am. Are you saying that pick is untouchable or just that the value is off?

Again that's:

Habs 2018 1st (2-4)

~for~

M. Frost
2018 1st (the better of the two)
+?

That doesn't sound like much for a potential franchise forward.

Edit: If we're moving that pick for talent from the Flyers, it's Sanheim that should be getting a look.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
One could argue he is still a useful asset because at next deadline he would be the top rental winger available and he is physical which is worth more for the playoffs.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Keep Simmonds
Stl 1st 2018
Phi 1st 2018 and 2019 [unprotected]
for
Zucarello [nice price] + Buchnevich [elc]

3 picks for 2 Ws play either side
You keep Sim and bolster win now
Rangers get mo picks.
No GM is going to trade their 1st round pick until the lottery is done.
CGY is sweating bullets because they don’t have their pick
I think they could get Zuccarello for one of those 1st and prospect but he is 30 and only has one more yr on his contract

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think they could get Zuccarello for one of those 1st and prospect but he is 30 and only has one more yr on his contract
1st and small add is the current price for Zuc; if no increased add then logic suggests NY would take the best 1st, all things being =.
I am happy to keep Buchenvich.

Do you wish to upgrade the offer? It is a rental situation, but that's the market in recent years.

If I threw in the TB 2018 1st w/Zuc, would you do
both
St. Lou + Philly 1sts?

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
He has been paired with Jack Hughes for a while now and it is very evident that Hughes is the driver on that line. Hughes dominates shifts and it seems like Wahlstrom is just along for the ride. Also, he can come off as a floater at times and has a case of tunnel vision. He makes unnecessary 1 on 1 plays in situations that don't call for it, and I have concerns about his all-around game. Don't get me wrong, he has fantastic physical tools and I'd still take Wahlstrom around ~7-9. But, I am not giving up two mid 1sts and Simmonds to get him.

If he's just a ride along on a line with Hughes, then in my opinion, professional scouts would have noticed this and ranked him accordingly. The fact that he's ranked in the area of #7 or #8 tells me that he's got Talent of his own. I'll go with the scouts on this one. o_O

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
If he's just a ride along on a line with Hughes, then in my opinion, professional scouts would have noticed this and ranked him accordingly. The fact that he's ranked in the area of #7 or #8 tells me that he's got Talent of his own. I'll go with the scouts on this one. o_O

That is fine if you are incapable of forming your own opinions.

The physical tools are there, but he has plenty of question marks. I'd rather have Farabee+Kravstov than just Wahlstrom. If we are talking, Svechnikov or Zadina, it is a different story.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
1st and small add is the current price for Zuc; if no increased add then logic suggests NY would take the best 1st, all things being =.

Do you wish to upgrade the offer? It is a rental situation, but that's the market in recent years.

both
St. Lou + Philly 1sts?

Zuccarello doesn't make sense for the Flyers. They aren't in desperate need of a RW and shouldn't be giving up a 1st+ for him.

Probably no trade to be made between the Rangers and Flyers.

Reactions: ArchAngel55

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

both
St. Lou + Philly 1sts?

nope.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Watch Calgary win the lottery at 2.5% and NYI picks #1 and #10 overall. Wouldn't that be a story.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Edmonton is currently picking top 10, and Simmonds would help their woeful PP tremendously.

That being said, no team should be moving a top 10 pick straight across for Simmonds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad