Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Cutter Gauthier to Anaheim for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Now it was clear he was a LW. This is our "Expected by whom?" moment.
If I remember correctly, the question with Gauither was always whether he'd remain at center or have to play LW. What made him a "safe" pick was his floor was probably a 30 goal LW.

I think one reason the Flyers weren't desperate to sign him after his freshman year was he didn't show a lot at center and without a big jump, was going to play LW in the NHL. He definitely needed the 2nd year in college and would probably have sulked if sent to the AHL.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If I remember correctly, the question with Gauither was always whether he'd remain at center or have to play LW. What made him a "safe" pick was his floor was probably a 30 goal LW.

I think one reason the Flyers weren't desperate to sign him after his freshman year was he didn't show a lot at center and without a big jump, was going to play LW in the NHL. He definitely needed the 2nd year in college and would probably have sulked if sent to the AHL.

His floor was never 30 goal LW. Never, ever. Not then, not now, and the fact that amateur dorks on the internet are better at seeing that than the Flyers is why the Flyers are always terrible with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Having him do enough in college to be overvalued, having the chance to turn him into a much better prospect, and deliberately chasing an Eakins-ruined Drysdale who has the operational efficiency of an exploding runaway diesel is a worse whiff and failure than the initial pick.

• Wow
Reactions: freakydallas13

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

CutOnDime97

Michkov to Misa
Mar 29, 2008

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

Pure speculation to push a narrative.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Lolz. Fetching some data from nhl.com/stats. Forward since 2000-2001. 25 years

In this time span, 265 forwards reached a >= 30 goal mark in at least one season.
In this time span, 166 wingers reached a >= 30 goal mark in at least one season.
In this time span, 79 left wingers reached a >= 30 goal mark in at least one season.

There were on average 31 forwards per season to reach >= 30 goal mark.
There were on average 20 wingers per season to reach >= 30 goal mark.
There were on average 10 left wingers per season to reach >= 30 goal mark.

163 forwards / 100 wingers / 47 left wingers reached said goal mark in more than one season in said time span.
And that was his floor? F that

1729800333937.png

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

I don't know why you keep saying his floor is a 30 goal left wing, but I can assure Gauthier's floor is much lower than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad