Rumor: Flyers/Ottawa Trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Flyers have no reason to trade for Forsberg.

The reason would be what's attached to him. Forsberg is a minor cap dump.

Idk what the deal is, but there's a lot of possibilities. I just don't like the idea of trading 7th overall for a winger, when there's some decent UFA options. We need that pick to stock the cupboards, or to upgrade a more important position. Asset management has to be a priority after wasting a lot of DeBrincat/Chychrun.

Reactions: guyzeur

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina

Idk what the deal is, but there's a lot of possibilities. I just don't like the idea of trading 7th overall for a winger, when there's some decent UFA options. We need that pick to stock the cupboards, or to upgrade a more important position. Asset management has to be a priority after wasting a lot of DeBrincat/Chychrun.

Flyers have too much in goaltending already that it really makes no sense. But you never know.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

The issue with the Flyers taking Forsberg is that we already have Petersen buried in Lehigh Valley, behind Ersson and Fedotov. Now, if we were taking back Forsberg in lieu of retention on Petersen, as part of a larger deal (because let's face it, nobody's looking at acquiring Cal Petersen as a positive, DB's already made some statements obliquely suggesting we're looking at buying him out), then yes, I could see Forsberg making sense in that regard, but I don't see us moving either Ersson or Fedotov, and burying both Petersen and Forsberg would be cap malpractice.

Reactions: KevinRedkey

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Briere said today they view 2 to 5 as similar players. If one slips, they likely try to trade up

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

My guess is they move up from 12 to 7 using the 31/32 pick and some minor combo of players on both sides, and Ottawa packages the 31/32 pick in a trade for Ullmark (if he waives).

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008

My guess is they move up from 12 to 7 using the 31/32 pick and some minor combo of players on both sides, and Ottawa packages the 31/32 pick in a trade for Ullmark (if he waives).

I don't see the sens dealing for ullmark without an extension in place.

Trading for a soon to be UFA is death.

You've shown your hand that you like the player, and the agent sees $$$$ and leverage based on the bad optics of a team trading for a player then being unable to sign him. It guarantees an overpayment.

If Staios does that he's as dumb as Dorion.

It's moot anyways, no goalie is going to waive from boston to come here and get shelled in a contract year.

Every goalie in the league knows what happens to your stats when you come to O-Town.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I just don't see 31/32 moving the needle for Boston. I think Boston adding a piece to get to 12OA is much more likely (or taking back a goalie they don't want).

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I guess it depends on how you look at it. Still teams looking for goalies but the best ones not named Ullmark seem to be off the board.
The best ones, plural? Who other than Markstrom has been taken off the board?
Darcy Kuemper doesn't count IMO, that was a dump.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I don't see the sens dealing for ullmark without an extension in place.

Trading for a soon to be UFA is death.

You've shown your hand that you like the player, and the agent sees $$$$ and leverage based on the bad optics of a team trading for a player then being unable to sign him. It guarantees an overpayment.

If Staios does that he's as dumb as Dorion.

It's moot anyways, no goalie is going to waive from boston to come here and get shelled in a contract year.

Every goalie in the league knows what happens to your stats when you come to O-Town.

I usually agree with not going after potential rentals in these cases, but I also don't think we can do nothing.

The only other viable option outside of bringing in a goalie, is to load up on D and hope Korpisalo can rebound with actual defenders in front him for 60 minutes.

There's no perfect option unfortunately.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad