Rumor: Flyers/Ottawa Trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Honestly I’ll be shocked if Ottawa trades Chabot. I thought they were trying to get over the rebuild phase lol
Injury troubles, NMC kicking in soon, and his play has declined (although playing with Hamonic and Bernard-Docker hasn’t done him any favours).

Sanderson is also the clear-cut best defeceman on this team, and honestly probably the best player overall.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Chychrun is my bet, but it would be really funny if it was Hart to Ottawa. I don't even know if Hart is allowed to be traded right now.
Considering how the Sens exiled Formenton well before any other team did, I'd say Ottawa is the least likely team Hart gets traded to.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Gonna make wild guess of a big deal

To :sens
C Morgan Frost
C Scott Laughton
LW Joel Farabee
RW Garnett Hathaway

To :flyers
C Shane Pinto
RW Mathieu Joseph
RW Tyler Boucher
D Thomas Chabot

Torts hates Frost, Organization soured on Farabee for some reason and Laughton name has been out there for a while and Hathaway was meh at his cost and is getting older

I assume Sens are weary of another contract battle with Pinto, Joseph value is probably never higher after this past season, Flyers have been linked to Boucher in past and Chabot NTC doesn't kick in until summer so if Sens want to make big move involving him now is time

Its been a while since we had a major player swap

-- Don't actually expect it to really happen, but it would be fun to see --

They turned on Farabee… because he doesn‘t get along with torts for some reason. I think a pattern is emerging.

Reactions: Curufinwe

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
:sens
Chabot (8M x 4Y)
Joseph (3M x 2Y)
Korpisalo (4M x 4Y)
Tyler Boucher (2-Way Contract)
7th Overall
25th Overall
136th Overall

:flyers
Drysdale (2.3M x 2Y)
Laughton (3M x 2Y)
Atkinson (5.9M x 1Y) or Petersen (5M x 1Y)
Warm Body (2-Way Contract)
12th Overall
32nd Overall
51st Overall

• Drysdale has not been a good fit with the Flyers. His previous injuries might make them concerned that he could be a bust. Chabot is not the player he was a few years ago, but could get back there with a change of scenery. Ultimately, swapping Drysdale for Chabot ensures that the Flyers get a (still young) core player for Cutter Gauthier and don't risk walking away with nothing.
  • Ottawa taking Atkinson or Petersen offsets Chabot's cap hit being inflated.
  • Who the hell knows what Boucher is worth, but the optics look good for Philadelphia, and they apparently wanted him last year when the Senators were trying to dump Joseph.
  • Ottawa is going to move a first round pick to Boston, so they swap it for the 32nd overall and get a sweetener in return.
  • Flyers only do this because they have a specific player very high who might be there at 7. So moving up from 12 to 7 is effectively like moving up from 12 to 3 if the player is on the board. 12 to 3 to take Korpisalo is worth it.
----

Chychrun (4.6M x 1 year w/ 6.5M extension)
32nd Overall
Random B or C Level Piece (Sokolov? Future 3rd Round Pick? Etc.)

:bruins
Ullmark (5.0M x 1 year w/ 5.75M extension)

• This trade has already been heavily rumored by league executives.
  • Staios justifies moving the 1st with Chychrun because they were able to trade down with Philadelphia and get an extra pick out of it, so they still walk away with the same number of top 64 picks.

• Haha
Reactions: Rich Nixon

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Is Kleven ready to be full time next year? Because if Ottawa can swing a Tanev signing, they’ll have a good enough top 4 to move out both Chabot and Chychrun.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Chabot (8M x 4Y)
Joseph (3M x 2Y)
Korpisalo (4M x 4Y)
Tyler Boucher (2-Way Contract)
7th Overall
25th Overall
136th Overall

:flyers
Drysdale (2.3M x 2Y)
Laughton (3M x 2Y)
Atkinson (5.9M x 1Y) or Petersen (5M x 1Y)
Warm Body (2-Way Contract)
12th Overall
32nd Overall
51st Overall

• Drysdale has not been a good fit with the Flyers. His previous injuries might make them concerned that he could be a bust. Chabot is not the player he was a few years ago, but could get back there with a change of scenery. Ultimately, swapping Drysdale for Chabot ensures that the Flyers get a (still young) core player for Cutter Gauthier and don't risk walking away with nothing.
  • Ottawa taking Atkinson or Petersen offsets Chabot's cap hit being inflated.
  • Who the hell knows what Boucher is worth, but the optics look good for Philadelphia, and they apparently wanted him last year when the Senators were trying to dump Joseph.
  • Ottawa is going to move a first round pick to Boston, so they swap it for the 32nd overall and get a sweetener in return.
  • Flyers only do this because they have a specific player very high who might be there at 7. So moving up from 12 to 7 is effectively like moving up from 12 to 3 if the player is on the board. 12 to 3 to take Korpisalo is worth it.
----

Chychrun (4.6M x 1 year w/ 6.5M extension)
32nd Overall
Random B or C Level Piece (Sokolov? Future 3rd Round Pick? Etc.)

:bruins
Ullmark (5.0M x 1 year w/ 5.75M extension)

• This trade has already been heavily rumored by league executives.
  • Staios justifies moving the 1st with Chychrun because they were able to trade down with Philadelphia and get an extra pick out of it, so they still walk away with the same number of top 64 picks.
No

Sanderson to Philly
No

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: theMajor

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Frost and 12th for Pinto would be such a Flyers trade.

I think the only way we trade our 12th is if it's part of a deal for the 7th. We're building here, picks are important.

DeBrincat for 7th overall...
Chchrun for 12th overall...
To suggest they trade 7th overall for a pending UFA winger is many people's defneition of insanity...

I think it'd be easier to extend him than you think, and that may be why they're waiting to make the move. An extended TK is worth the #7.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
DeBrincat for 7th overall...
Chchrun for 12th overall...
To suggest they trade 7th overall for a pending UFA winger is many people's defneition of insanity...
TK miles better than both. Also contingent on re-signing obviously

They turned on Farabee… because he doesn‘t get along with torts for some reason. I think a pattern is emerging.
You and others completely make up these fake narratives with Torts

Reactions: Breeze 44

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Yea, you know the finals have gone on too long when
Essentially. UFAs can begin talking to teams on the 25th. Teams need to make adjustments now so they aren't backed into a corner on July 1 when contracts can actually be inked.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I don't see us being good trade partners. It feels like a smokescreen while Ottawa tries to get Ullmark to come here.

Laughton maybe, but I doubt the 25th is in play as it needs to be used for a goalie.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Teams also give players permission to speak with others teams if they have no interest in signing that player
True, but that can technically happen at any time, also
there's just no timelines anymore, except "July 1"

I thought it was pretty dumb getting rid of it, tbh.

You can tell which teams and FAs had a chance to talk early anyway lol, when they sign a 7 year deal 5 minutes into free agency :laugh:

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I don't see us being good trade partners. It feels like a smokescreen while Ottawa tries to get Ullmark to come here.

Laughton maybe, but I doubt the 25th is in play as it needs to be used for a goalie.

Laughton. Cates. Picks swap. (If the sens are looking for a bottom sixer)

Things make sense. Were just not sure how much us, as fans will agree with it.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
Isn't Philly going to go with Ersson/Fedotov/Petersen as their top 3 goalies next year? They also don't have much cap space, why would they take another cap dump goalie?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad