Confirmed with Link: Flyers Great Ryan Johansen Placed On Waivers For Purpose Of Terminating Contract Due To "Material Breach"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
I would venture a guess there’s a difference in doing leisure activities with an injury & playing a professional contact sport at the highest level with an injury.
Would you be a dear and say that again for this panel of lawyers who get a bonus if they can prove otherwise

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

If surgery is actually scheduled and going to happen then this is another epic faceplant by the "new" regime.

32aWrIw.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I can’t believe I missed this. Ellis never had surgery. The whole problem is that they can’t easily fix it like that.
They were considering surgery:

Probably why that stuck in my mind. Think it took over a year for doctors to finally figure out wha thte problem(s) was:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No. This has lawyer fingerprints all over it.

The kind of move that you don't make before clearing it with legal b/c you know the agent is going to appeal.

Torts doesn't care, Johanssen was never going to play for the NHL club in any case.

The Flyers have done nothing in years that should make you think by default that they've done this kind of due diligence. Nor should we assume it. It is as likely, maybe even more likely, that they only asked Hanrahan and that's as far as it got. Perhaps they have though. It's a coin toss at best.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I can’t believe I missed this. Ellis never had surgery. The whole problem is that they can’t easily fix it like that.
AIR, Ellis had been injured prior to being acquired by the Flyers. I believe that he had some sort of insurance coming from Nashville with him. He’s receiving money each season from somewhere-Predators, Flyers, insurance carrier or a combination of the three. It’s probably why the Flyers have made a stink over Ellis’ situation. That and he had seriously tried to rehab himself into being able to play which was probably a condition for him to receive insurance payments.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
AIR, Ellis had been injured prior to being acquired by the Flyers. I believe that he had some sort of insurance coming from Nashville with him. He’s receiving money each season from somewhere-Predators, Flyers, insurance carrier or a combination of the three. It’s probably why the Flyers have made a stink over Ellis’ situation. That and he had seriously tried to rehab himself into being able to play which was probably a condition for him to receive insurance payments.
My bad here. The Flyers never made a stink over Ellis’ situation. Sorry

Reactions: BernieParent

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
When did this "severe hockey injury" occur?
Inquiring minds want to know? Stepping on the ice in Philly?

You think he's going to get cut up for no reason and that a doctor is going along with this fraudulent behavior? That's what you're going to run with?

It would be wild for his agent to claim a non-existent surgery will happen when it won't. It would be vastly more insane for him to get a fake surgery.

WolfOfBroadStreet14

Aug 15, 2020
If they don’t have a move lined up and needed the cap space this looks pretty bad for them. As others have pointed out this completely ruins any chance of a relationship with that agency and will cost us dearly. Unless the evidence is damning enough to decertify KO then I can’t see how this ends up in our favor long term.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Johanssen now has a severe injury that requires surgery? A year later? Huh?

They wanted to trade him with 50% retained but had no takers.
They wanted to send him to the AHL to bury $1.25M, he came up with an "Injury" after playing every game for the Avs.
Now he needs surgery almost a year later.

His games cost them the opportunity to buy him out this summer.

Good riddance. Try scamming your employer and see if you get terminated.
Why not give him a chance to make the team in camp? Like I said...maybe he plays well and is easier to trade.

Idk why they reuse to play him in the nhl.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Also, didn't the Flyers learn that he had an existing hip injury from before they acquired him? And did nothing about it?
Evidently he was healthy enough to play in 63 of the first 63 games with the AVs. When he was traded here, he said that he wanted to play. When Briere said that he was going to send him down to LHV, he claimed that he had a hip injury to prevent that assignment.
I’ve heard that he has recently been seen riding on a hoverboard. Also that he was carrying his wife around at the wedding last weekend. If these reports are true, he’s going to have a difficult time with the injury line.

Reactions: orangey

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Evidently he was healthy enough to play in 63 of the first 63 games with the AVs. When he was traded here, he said that he wanted to play. When Briere said that he was going to send him down to LHV, he claimed that he had a hip injury to prevent that assignment.
I’ve heard that he has recently been seen riding on a hoverboard. Also that he was carrying his wife around at the wedding last weekend. If these reports are true, he’s going to have a difficult time with the injury line.

There's a difference between "Too crippled for day-to-day life" and "Too injured for pro hockey."

And if he has had surgery scheduled as his agent claims, well, that's that.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
On the surface it seems he did fake a injury after he got here at the deadline. If he outright refused to go to the AHL without mentioning injury his contract could of been terminated. It seems the Flyers may have a case.
Nashville is hoping the Flyers are right as well.

There's a difference between "Too crippled for day-to-day life" and "Too injured for pro hockey."

And if he has had surgery scheduled as his agent claims, well, that's that.
If this does go before a arbitration Colorado should be asked if they knew about a pre existing injury. This case definitely has some questions that need answering

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
On the surface it seems he did fake a injury after he got here at the deadline. If he outright refused to go to the AHL without mentioning injury his contract could of been terminated. It seems the Flyers may have a case.

Once again, we have no way of knowing if anyone faked an injury.

What is it about sports that makes people lose their minds?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

If this does go before a arbitration Colorado should be asked if they knew about a pre existing injury. This case definitely has some questions that need answering

Sure, Colorado might have known. What does it matter? It's on the Flyers to discover it and then do something about it.

The Flyers walked into this mess, learned it was a mess, accepted it was a mess, lived with the mess, and now have decided they don't want the mess and wish to blame someone besides themselves.

Reactions: trostol

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Would you be a dear and say that again for this panel of lawyers who get a bonus if they can prove otherwise

I don’t know the specifics of Johansen’s I’m just saying in general.

Ray Emery for example was once told he should seriously consider quitting pro hockey given a hip injury he had. He ignored it & ultimately got a risky surgery which they seriously advised him not to as well.

Some times these athletes get these type of recommendations from health professionals that they’re seriously risking their long term health by continuing to play with a seriously medical condition or injury. Some of these guys take that advice & call it quits. Others push through.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Sure, Colorado might have known. What does it matter? It's on the Flyers to discover it and then do something about it.

The Flyers walked into this mess, learned it was a mess, accepted it was a mess, lived with the mess, and now have decided they don't want the mess and wish to blame someone besides themselves.
I am not trying to absolve the Flyers of being idiots. My question is the guy played 63 games for Colorado. Why would he keep a hip injury a secret? Could he keep it to himself for the time he was in Colorado? I am not ready yet to say the Flyers are 100 percent at fault

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad