Value of: Flyers Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Doesn't he pretty much have a choice of where he wants to go?
Yes. But that doesn't mean he will select one team, and only one team, that the Flyers can trade him to. Like we suspect Taylor Hall did. Anything is possible, including being traded to the team that also offers him his best contract next year + chances of success.

Holy Slapshot

Feb 16, 2012
Icy Cold Catacombs
Oilers should come calling about Carter Hart, Braun and Provorov.
Everyone should come calling. It's a rare opportunity to fleece a NHL GM when both Bergevin and Benning are gone now. However Flyers invested in Hart and his trade value is lower than it should be at the moment. So is Provorov's and almost everyone else's. Fletcher should be fired immediately if he trades them cheap. However, Braun would be a nice and not too costly addition to multiple teams so I hope there is a bidwar there and Fletcher isn't going to be bent over in this particular case at least.
So he will only be fired after this sad season.

Reactions: TFHockey

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Everyone should come calling. It's a rare opportunity to fleece a NHL GM when both Bergevin and Benning are gone now. However Flyers invested in Hart and his trade value is lower than it should be at the moment. So is Provorov's and almost everyone else's. Fletcher should be fired immediately if he trades them cheap. However, Braun would be a nice and not too costly addition to multiple teams so I hope there is a bidwar there and Fletcher isn't going to be bent over in this particular case at least.
So he will only be fired after this sad season.

A battle between two GMs who make bad trades! Fletcher and Holland!

Fletcher: "If you force us to trade Carter Hart, you're going to have to take a cap dump in return. Someone like Provorov."

Holland: "We can't absorb your cap dumps without moving one of our own to make it even. You'll have to take Draisaitl as well."

Fletcher: "Not without sending you an unprotected first, we're not!"

Holland: "Fine."

Fletcher: "Fine."

Both GMs: *snicker* "Sucker."

Holy Slapshot

Feb 16, 2012
Icy Cold Catacombs

Fletcher: "If you force us to trade Carter Hart, you're going to have to take a cap dump in return. Someone like Provorov."

Holland: "We can't absorb your cap dumps without moving one of our own to make it even. You'll have to take Draisaitl as well."

Well there might be something on this, Fletcher is by far the worst upcoming seller - but Holland has history of ruining NHL club future for years by not disabusing himself of the notion that his team is few wins out of playoffs and few trades out of competing...
So he may become the worst buyer and we may see something goofy.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Comcast (Xfinity) owns the Flyers and their mouthpiece Dave Scott seems to think that the team is one trade away from being a contender. Chuck Fletcher is on the clock for making a move to bring a game-changer to the team.
The team will make a foolish move and the Flyers will continue sinking to the bottom of the league in standings.
What needs to happen to improve the Comcast Flyers is for Comcast to sell the team to someone that is a hockey person.
I doubt that will happen because the Comcast Flyers are still making money from tickets and gear with the Flyers logo on it. The only thing that Comcast has done for the team is to create a ridiculous mascot that they constantly feature on everything involving the team.
Chuck Fletcher will be fired in the off-season, and perhaps he'll be replaced by Danny Briere (who will probably do a better job than Fletcher in rebuilding this once good team to be respectable again).

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

I'd do Hart, Provorov and an unprotected 1st for Draisatl in a heartbeat though that'd be sick. f*** it, then dish Giroux for a solid D prospect and a lower first, send Konecny off for a decentish defender, bust a nut on Gaudreau this summer and sign the most journeyman goalie they could find. That'd be a Paul Holmgren banger. That Flyers team wins 47 games and pukes all over itself in the playoffs. Let's get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: GagneHanson12

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Konecny available to the Jets? What would you be asking for in return?

Extremely doubtful either Carter Hart or Provorov are available.

Neither TK or Provorov were mentioned as core pieces in the presser. TK is the kind of player that goes on to be a star elsewhere. 30 goal scorer. Here he doesn’t score for 20 games in a row. Not sure what the ask would be but it should be a lot. He’s got term and a good deal.

Provorov should be moved IMO if you get a good deal for him that allows you to take another shot or two at a top end D.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Any playoff team adding Giroux would become instantly one of the favorites. He's very good and versatile. Can play at C, LW, RW... on the PP, on the PK if needed, still lot of gas left in the tank. The price will be high imo. Very good numbers despite being on a very bad team this year. One of the best, if not the best at faceoffs. He's the full package you want for a cup run. Will be sad to see him leave O&B.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Neither TK or Provorov were mentioned as core pieces in the presser. TK is the kind of player that goes on to be a star elsewhere. 30 goal scorer. Here he doesn’t score for 20 games in a row. Not sure what the ask would be but it should be a lot. He’s got term and a good deal.

Provorov should be moved IMO if you get a good deal for him that allows you to take another shot or two at a top end D.

I made a similar suggestion in another thread. Deal around Hart and Provorov for Draisatl. Maybe include Frost (young C with upside) or Hayes (cap) and backfill for 2C.

It’s a downgraded offensively at C but a bit big upgrade at D with elite upside at G.

Maybe even Couts + Hart if he’d go.

I mean, honestly, what the Flyers are doing isn’t working and neither is it for the oilers.

Flyers need a top C and the oilers need a top D and G.

Flyers have prospects with upside at D/G, but not C.

Not familiar with EDM’s pipeline.

Both teams have the delusional we are close mentality so I don’t think draft picks will be much involved, but I think a deal could be had for a core shakeup.

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I made a similar suggestion in another thread. Deal around Hart and Provorov for Draisatl. Maybe include Frost (young C with upside) or Hayes (cap) and backfill for 2C.

I love all this batshit Draisatl stuff, especially this. Hart, Provorov, Hayes is over $17 million in cap going back to Edmonton. That would be f***ing fire.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
I love all this batshit Draisatl stuff, especially this. Hart, Provorov, Hayes is over $17 million in cap going back to Edmonton. That would be f***ing fire.

Yup, moving all that we can make cap room too. EDM can throw in a short term dump as well to make it work.

Both franchises spinning their wheels right now: maybe a major blockbuster is due because otherwise what’s going to change?

They are both in the ‘we’re better than the loser standings we are in now’ delusion phase. So shake it up at least. Both at the bottom of standings - can’t get worse.

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Yup, moving all that we can make cap room too. EDM can throw in a short term dump as well to make it work.

Both franchises spinning their wheels right now: maybe a major blockbuster is due because otherwise what’s going to change?

They are both in the ‘we’re better than the loser standings we are in now’ delusion phase. So shake it up at least. Both at the bottom of standings - can’t get worse.

I mean it's absolutely off-the-wall batshit is what I am saying. But if the Oilers wanted to go that no Draisatl route the Flyers would bite hard. Two dumbass organizations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad