Value of: Flyers Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The 3 pieces you included as a plus are very unenticing.

They're basically just there as a throw-in. I'd love Giroux and personally would pay more, but the only way I see this trade happening is if the Avs are one of the few teams Giroux wants to go to.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
They're basically just there as a throw-in. I'd love Giroux and personally would pay more, but the only way I see this trade happening is if the Avs are one of the few teams Giroux wants to go to.

I could see the Avs being one of the teams on his list that G would allow a trade to. You could speak better to it than I could, but I would think that Giroux would be a piece that could put the Avs over the top. Plus there is a decent chance at resigning him. I guess it comes down to whether or not Kadri prices himself out of Colorado.

FlyersFanSinceBirth

Jul 1, 2010
In a deal like this would Philly take back a cap dump (say Scandella)

One of Kostin/Perunovich/Bolduc/Neighbors+ STL 1st rounder+ Scandella?
I'm far from an expert on the Blues prospects.

Sanheim for 2023 1st rounder and Neighbours?
OR
Sanheim and a 3rd rounder for 2023 1st Rounder, Neighbours, Perunovich and Scandella?

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'm honestly not sure how much value the two Blues prospects have. I'm assuming that's probably what makes it too much.

I think they are rated quit high, not just by the Blues but I think the athletic rates them pretty high too. I think you would get a 1st or Neighbours. not both.

FlyersFanSinceBirth

Jul 1, 2010
I think they are rated quit high, not just by the Blues but I think the athletic rates them pretty high too. I think you would get a 1st or Neighbours. not both.

I was going by what the Blues fan on the first page suggested. I just tweaked it to add compensation for taking back a cap dump.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I actually wouldn't mind Yandle as a depth guy because right now 1 injury gets Bigea in the lineup, you MIGHT get away with that short term but 2 injury puts Bigea AND Dalstrom in the lineup, and makes Sandin and Lilly the 2nd pair and I like them both and they will get there but they aren't ready for that right now.

I guarantee you have better players in the AHL than Yandle.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Giroux 50% retained to the Avs for 2023 1st round pick and Barron?
Barron doesn't do anything for me. Worse than York.

Giroux is the guy who was 4th in points in the NHL for the past decade. Team captain for a decade. Face of the franchise. Best player on the team, still.

The shitty state of the flyers is clouding people's perceptions so much that they're adding "throw in" players.

Reactions: Holy Slapshot

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Barron doesn't do anything for me. Worse than York.

Giroux is the guy who was 4th in points in the NHL for the past decade. Team captain for a decade. Face of the franchise. Best player on the team, still.

The shitty state of the flyers is clouding people's perceptions so much that they're adding "throw in" players.
No one is doubting he’s a good player but he’s a pending UFA and those guys don’t normally bring a huge haul. BTW can he still play centre or is he more of a winger now?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Giroux to the Wild to play between Boldy and Fiala is my on going wet dream.

Many Wild fans aren't willing to give up the first this year, I am.

Not quite sure what the + would be. Wild surely wouldn't part with Boldy/Rossi/Wallstedt.

But between Beckman, McBain, Marat, Peart, Lambos, Hunt, O'Rourke there must be a pluss in there somewhere.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Giroux to the Wild to play between Boldy and Fiala is my on going wet dream.

Many Wild fans aren't willing to give up the first this year, I am.

Not quite sure what the + would be. Wild surely wouldn't part with Boldy/Rossi/Wallstedt.

But between Beckman, McBain, Marat, Peart, Lambos, Hunt, O'Rourke there must be a pluss in there somewhere.

I think in the Giroux to Minnesota thread some Wild fans were ok with Marat and a 1st for G. Some weren't. I think it's a decent proposal.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
The problem with the Flyers is from the owners right on down to the mascot. Comcast owns the team and they care more about selling tickets and promoting that ridiculous mascot than they care about putting quality on the ice.
The Flyers current team are as bland as a mayonnaise sandwich on white bread with the crusts cut off.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
To PHI: Barrie, Turris (both cap purposes), 2022 1st, 2023 2nd, Savoie

To EDM: Giroux (50% retained), Braun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad